Preview Round 23: Richmond v Brisbane | MCG | Sunday 3.20 (25/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only here for the Shazza_ melts. :D

Seriously though, I like the team a lot.

Feel for Chol and Ross but Chol may need a break and someone has to go out for Cotchin and Ross is a like for like replacement, sort of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't like the Balta selection unless he is cover in the case Grimes doesn't get up. Balta had played well the last couple of weeks albeit on average opponents and I would rather he learn one position and master that then be thrown around and not establishing himself in any. I feel he can become a potentially elite defender if given the chance to properly develop as a defender and for me that is far better than becoming third tall/back up ruck whom we already have a superior talent (CCJ) developing in the two's.

Only here for the Shazza_ melts. :D

Seriously though, I like the team a lot.

Feel for Chol and Ross but Chol may need a break and someone has to go out for Cotchin and Ross is a like for like replacement, sort of.

Think Ross is stiff. If not for injury he may have cemented his place by now. I'm not sure about this poor disposal thing I hear. Sure wasn't great last week but he averaged 76% in his 4 games before injury struck earlier in the season. Very bullish about this kid.

God knows we need more in the middle who can get the pill.

Last edited:
I think at this time of the year its a more stable option to continue to go with Chol.

While he is not setting the world on fire, he is competiting well and not making massive errors

I dont think by bringing in balta (at his age now) you are going to get more than that. What you do get it is higher likelihood of a brainfade

Don't like the Balta selection unless he is cover in the case Grimes doesn't get up. Balta had played well the last couple of weeks albeit on average opponents and I would rather he learn one position and master that then be thrown around and not establishing himself in any. I feel he can become a potentially elite defender if given the chance to properly develop as a defender and for me that is far better than becoming third tall/back up ruck whom we already have a superior talent (CCJ) developing in the two's.

I see your point although we tried Rance in a few different positions early in his career before settling. Didn't seem to be a problem for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back