Preview Round 20 v Melbourne MCG Sunday July 30th 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not downgrading Pickett, he is taking one for the team and is obviously a better player up the ground, having said that he hasn't been doing much in that role because it is so foreign to him. Cumberland is a natural forward and when in form, which hasn't been great at AFL level, is a good all round forward.

Thought it was Pickett's best game there last week so hopefully he can follow that up. But Mansell's role could easily be replaced with Cumberland because surely with Baker forward, who is a great pressure player and a dangerous one, plus Martin, Bolton etc, we have enough pressure. Cumberland can go in hard as well.

I do think that Mansell plays that role best out of everyone at this stage. It raises the philosophical question of do you put the better player in the role (I.e Cumberland) or the player who plays the role better (I.e. Mansell).

I also think that if you’re dropping Mansell, does Coulthard have first rights to come in and play that role?

Again, I’d have found a way for Cumberland to play, but I can see the difficulty in how to fit him in.

FWIW; I’d have rested Cotchin, moved Ross into an inside midfield role, Pickett back to a wing, Cumberland into Pickett’s role and swap Coulthard and Mansell with Mansell being the sub.

For an extra bit of cream on top, I’d have also dropped Young (Melbourne one of the few teams that you could probably get away without having two CHD beasts) and debut Tom Brown.

But then you’re moving so many magnets around that it’s unlikely to be acceptable to MC.

wtf you on about?:drunk:
did you not disagree with what i said about cumbo?
dumb and dumber time GIF

I do think that Mansell plays that role best out of everyone at this stage. It raises the philosophical question of do you put the better player in the role (I.e Cumberland) or the player who plays the role better (I.e. Mansell).

I also think that if you’re dropping Mansell, does Coulthard have first rights to come in and play that role?

Again, I’d have found a way for Cumberland to play, but I can see the difficulty in how to fit him in.

FWIW; I’d have rested Cotchin, moved Ross into an inside midfield role, Pickett back to a wing, Cumberland into Pickett’s role and swap Coulthard and Mansell with Mansell being the sub.

For an extra bit of cream on top, I’d have also dropped Young (Melbourne one of the few teams that you could probably get away without having two CHD beasts) and debut Tom Brown.

But then you’re moving so many magnets around that it’s unlikely to be acceptable to MC.
I don't think the 'role' that Mansell plays is necessary. If you can't get some pressure from Baker in particular with Bolton, Martin etc pitching in then there is something wrong. Not other side in the league plays a pure defensive forward, a hangover I think.

Cumberland comes in, Coulthard can stay sub, he's just a kid.

Gonna be so sick if Cumbo asks for a trade
It’s line ball now I reckon
Clubs are gonna ask the question and offer good money for sure
He’s contracted so we hold whip hand would hate to lose him , been dumb not playing him from r1 considering how much better our f50 functioned late last season with him in it

I don't think the 'role' that Mansell plays is necessary. If you can't get some pressure from Baker in particular with Bolton, Martin etc pitching in then there is something wrong. Not other side in the league plays a pure defensive forward, a hangover I think.

Cumberland comes in, Coulthard can stay sub, he's just a kid.
Pickett in the gun more than mansell , has really done very little for most part . Don’t the coaches rate ea individuals game every week or we win and just move on

Yeah of course, that’s obvious. I just think it’s absolute crazy he isn’t in our AFL team.

He would be in 17 other starting line ups 100%

We got no one in forward line that’s currently dangerous.
Us winning relies on Dusty, Shai and Taranto kicking goals otherwise we are ****ed
You’re kidding yourself

Sometimes moving magnets is not a bad idea, hence if we had rhythm in our structure id say its risky, but we need to be risky if we are going to topple MELB tomorrow, and I agree, id rest cotchin, but id find a way to play Coulthard and play Cumberland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s contracted so we hold whip hand would hate to lose him , been dumb not playing him from r1 considering how much better our f50 functioned late last season with him in it
You mean with Lynch in it? Cumberland has been beyond awful in the games he has played this season. I back in the match committee to decide when he returns, and he will.

You mean with Lynch in it? Cumberland has been beyond awful in the games he has played this season. I back in the match committee to decide when he returns, and he will.
I accept earlier on he flunked his opportunity v GC et al , but he’s done his penance and performed well at VFL , I’m not convinced that pickett has made most of his chances , what gives

Win tomorrow and we'll be 7th or 8th at the end of the round.

No Liam Jones, Bruce or Keath for the dogs defence next week either.

His last game he was not awful. He took 5 marks, kicked a goal and was average, but our whole side was average. We got towelled up by Brisbane, and he came of two VFL games in about 5 weeks. This time he has some good games under his belt including a BOG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back