Preview Round 7 v Gold Coast Suns Marvel Stadium Sunday 30th April 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue I have is that it was a foot issue. He's a big lumbering lad a lot of pressure goes into his feet.

Im personally not keen on taking away from the back line to play ruck. h=Hence miller as the sub to cover for the injury. We lost our structure last week after subbing him out. Certainly contributed to the loss taking balta out of the back line imo.

You'd imagine that the medical staff and conditioning staff may have had him doing stuff like, umm, I don't know, running and kicking and jumping over the last few weeks and have confidence that he'll be ok.

He hasn't been sitting around doing nothing...

We have lost so much faith.

Don't mind meatball being rested
Want him fresh too return the favour too that dog.
I do, it should be all hands on deck until we at least square the ledger. If we are managing players then we better start winning because what are we managing them for then., a late run at 12th.

Yeah agreed, it’s just to my brain those are the most annoying loses and I can’t shake off the feeling of what if no matter what I try, it’s stupid but that’s how I am and it annoys the hell out of me but I still do it
Yeh and all you need to do is look to last year. The home and away season was one of the most frustrating that we have had since 2012. What did we lose like 8 games under a goal? It then clicked in the last 5 games or so and we made finals. Once you get there you pretty quickly forget about those painful losses. You would like to think that our personnel has improved 12 months on, so im definitely excited to see how it develops.

Just real unfortunate we didn’t keep up the lowering of the eyes last week and kicked straight too. Some of it can be tiredness I suppose. Dusty’s two best games this year have also been loses which sucks, hoping he still fires up and plays as well pretty consistently. Would’ve been epic if he scored those shots on Monday

That side looks pretty good. Hoping we do try out Baker forward as he’s been named there, and hoping he absolutely excels. Would be a great addition and a nice upgrade to our current small forwards stocks, as great as he his down back. Soldo hopefully ready to go and not rushing him in, 2019 form would be nice but that’s no doubt dreaming. Broad in is very nice, and interested to see how our midfield looks with Ross and Sonsie in there for Prestia, one will be sub no doubt.

Out: Prestia, Miller, MRJ, Ralphsmith is what I’d do. Would think Prestia, Lynch and Nank are our only missing best 23? Nank is a big out and Lynch is irreplaceable and a real shame, but we’re looking pretty strong still, as long as we actually finally capture the glimpses of form we’ve seen and frustratingly lost. Hoping we win by 40 rather than lose after the siren

Don't mind meatball being rested
Want him fresh too return the favour too that dog.

I do, it should be all hands on deck until we at least square the ledger. If we are managing players then we better start winning because what are we managing them for then., a late run at 12th.
I reckon if Dion was in peak form he would not have been 'rested' - unless he really is a little banged up which could explain his drop in output this year.

Either way it does not bode well - either a form drop as he ages or again not able to be fully fit - sad in either case.

Last edited:
I reckon if Dion was in peak form he would not have been 'rested' - unless he really is a little banged up which could explain his drop in output this year.

Either way it's does not bode well - either a form drop as he ages or again not able to be fully fit - sad in either case.
He’s form isn’t that bad. It’s not at his absolute best. I wouldn’t read anything into the rest. Dimma said start of the year it will be happening from time to time with all our older players. Next week will be interesting. Doubt Cotch will go to Perth and maybe 1 or 2 others

That side looks pretty good. Hoping we do try out Baker forward as he’s been named there, and hoping he absolutely excels. Would be a great addition and a nice upgrade to our current small forwards stocks, as great as he his down back. Soldo hopefully ready to go and not rushing him in, 2019 form would be nice but that’s no doubt dreaming. Broad in is very nice, and interested to see how our midfield looks with Ross and Sonsie in there for Prestia, one will be sub no doubt.

Out: Prestia, Miller, MRJ, Ralphsmith is what I’d do. Would think Prestia, Lynch and Nank are our only missing best 23? Nank is a big out and Lynch is irreplaceable and a real shame, but we’re looking pretty strong still, as long as we actually finally capture the glimpses of form we’ve seen and frustratingly lost. Hoping we win by 40 rather than lose after the siren
I think Graham (who people here underestimate) and definitely Gibcus are best 22.

4 possessions and 1 tackle for Mansell, Melbournes Sub had 4 possesions from 9% Game time.

We cant keep carrying a bloke that has almost zero impact on the game cause he stands in the right spots.
this, we all lost it when George did it, but to his credit he had more opp at goal, now we are happy when Mansell does it?

Maybe the gameplan needs a slight update

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dimma confirmed Jack Ross will come into the midfield for Prestia. Bauer will not debut either.

Alright I haven’t checked bigfooty since having a sook about kicking ourselves out of the game (still * livid btw). What’d I miss?
sadly that doesn't tell me how long you haven't checked bigfooty for

only game we had more goals than behinds we managed to win

wonder if dimma knows kicking goals is important

He’s form isn’t that bad. It’s not at his absolute best. I wouldn’t read anything into the rest. Dimma said start of the year it will be happening from time to time with all our older players. Next week will be interesting. Doubt Cotch will go to Perth and maybe 1 or 2 others
Next week’s game is at the MCG so I imagine we wouldn’t be resting a lot of players. But Prestia was rested this week so we may still choose to rest some players

Dimma confirmed Jack Ross will come into the midfield for Prestia. Bauer will not debut either.
cant wait for ross to play as a flanker and only attend 2 centre bounces

reckon we should also sub him off midway during the 3rd qtr

his confidence will be unrecoverable by that point, which has been dimmas plan with ross the whole time

cant wait for ross to play as a flanker and only attend 2 centre bounces

reckon we should also sub him off midway during the 3rd qtr

his confidence will be unrecoverable by that point, which has been dimmas plan with ross the whole time
It's really perplexing, he's obviously a confidence player. When he's riding high he's damaging, especially going forward and hitting targets. Don't understand why we seem intent on moving him out of his most effective positions and then when we do give him the rare chance in there he's got no feel for it and is dragged when he's not instantly a gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back