Preview Round 22 v Saints Marvel Stadium Sunday August 13th 3.20pm - Last Chance Saloon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the selection of Dow with both Hopper and Cotchin out, you'd think that they are going to play him in the role Hopper has been playing as the rotational midfielder coming off the bench, hopefully it works for the kid as I still believe that he could be a solid role player in support of Taranto Hopper & Bolton as the starting midfield moving forward. Hopefully he gets a 3 week run to prove his worth giving at least another year as we continue to transition to the next generation.
But you know who will make way as soon as next week with Hopper and Cotchin back in almost regardless of the game he puts up. He'll need 25+ possessions to have a chance of staying in.

But you know who will make way as soon as next week with Hopper and Cotchin back in almost regardless of the game he puts up. He'll need 25+ possessions to have a chance of staying in.
He'll probably still get dropped even with those numbers. Who else they gonna drop? Pickett? McIntosh? Graham? Lol!

Ok, everything against mini here, marvel, out of finals, up against a kinda form team playing to make finals with key ins and pressure to perform.
Let’s see what he has up his sleeve.
we need to win 3 in a row and make it. top 8 is the worst ive ever seen and theyd all shite themselves if they play us in finals with the tiger army behind us.

we could fluke 3 mcg finals would be epic and what a way to send off chimp instead of a meaningless home and away game against norf

we need to win 3 in a row and make it. top 8 is the worst ive ever seen and theyd all shite themselves if they play us in finals with the tiger army behind us.

we could fluke 3 mcg finals would be epic and what a way to send off chimp instead of a meaningless home and away game against norf
Wont happen, can see the players checked out weeks ago. Defensive running is basically zero. Just winding down the clock.

and what about Rance in his early years…total spud…was garbage in the vfl for ages
Yep exactly
I got hope for young Thompson still
Reckon he could surprise a lot of people when it clicks for him

Yep exactly
I got hope for young Thompson still
Reckon he could surprise a lot of people when it clicks for him
if they called him thomas he wouldve made it

thompson is a farrken surname

For those with their calculators out, these are the results we want to happen over the rest of the weekend. Geelong losing was a step in the right direction.

North Beat Essendon
Gold Coast beat Sydney
Brisbane beat Adelaide
Melbourne beat Carlton
Hawks beat Dogs
We beat St Kilda
Port beat GWS

GWS and St Kilda both need to drop out of the 8 by losing 2 of their last 3, and Geelong needs to lose to St Kilda or Dogs, unless dogs lose to Hawthorn/West Coast or Sydney lose two of their last 3 or Carlton lose their last 3. Adelaide and Essendon also need to drop a game. And obviously we need to win all 3… welcome back to the 90s/00s

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m glad we’ve stuck with Coulthard , I’m hoping he’ll be a long term small forward, Mansell although he’s played some decent footy this year, I don’t think has a lot of upside.
Also happy to see Bauer get another run.

Would have liked to see Sonsie play ahead of Dow.
Hopefully our new coach will be one who believes in the tactics of occasionally playing a tagger on the opposition teams best midfielder,,,if this is the case I'd love to see mansell developed into this role

Hopefully our new coach will be one who believes in the tactics of occasionally playing a tagger on the opposition teams best midfielder,,,if this is the case I'd love to see mansell developed into this role
too small, weak overhead and easily stooged, average hurt factor when ball turned over. banks maybe hes a good size with good skills. JGTI only suitable for pokey players like tom mitchell, nipply players would obliterate him and tall strong bont types would take 20 marks and 5 goals and dynamics like degoey, norfs LDU would torch him over 5m

Last edited:
Mansell would be great in that role, he has a bit of a mean streak, doesn’t mind getting in the face of the opposition . Good speed/endurance combo.

Agree we need a player on the list capable of playing tight on the Bonts and Petraccas.

Team selection last 2 years hasn't been great especially this season.Senior blokes don’t get dropped and the kids take the rapt look at Banks this week or when Ross was dropped and then come in.

who has the goss? Dustin martin rested for another week? HMMMM.........
EDIT never mind. dustys playing.

Last edited:
Don’t forget Shedda was shocking for the first 5 years playing before it finally clicked for him
Well this is true and same goes for his brother plus he lost two years of development thanks to covid though otoh so did a lot of players drafted that year who have doing alright for a while now already. He did look promising in his first one or two AFL games - but since then....:$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back