Trades Round 23 Trades (D-Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Surprised to not see a thread up yet. People must be reasonably happy with their round haha.

So? What's everyone looking at doing for those who made their Grand Finals or those who are just looking at finishing off strong?

I'm going for broke and betting against Titch which will either make or break me. Hewett has established himself as the no. 1 tagger at the moment, and after what he did to Titch earlier on and Cogs in the second half this round, I'm hoping he can completely shut him down again. Would upgrade Crisp, but wouldn't be a significant enough upgrade to do it. Captaincy will go to either Grundy or Crouch.

Trades for this week: (Subject to change haha)

Titch > Oliver
Rocky > Hawkins

This is the weirdest looking team I've had all season. No Titch just doesn't look right haha:

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 12.33.08 am.png

Trades for this week: (Subject to change haha)

Titch > Oliver
Rocky > Hawkins

No Menegola?

For mine I plan to probably dump Titch, though a bit will depend on Cripps injury.

If Cripps is out, probably will go

Cripps -> Ablett
Rocky/Wingard/McLean -> Dangerfield.

Another 270 odd from the Port trio, this time with Westhoff around 50% of the total, but I may lean toward keeping them so I don't miss the big score and dump McLean against Richmond.

E5B0A2B1-58C0-4BCB-AADB-40A146509E17.jpeg No clue what to do with my side fellas, need some help I’m in a granny!

Thinking rocky needs to go and maybe Titch?

upload_2018-8-20_10-40-11.png

I'm not 100% sure - I'm still fielding Sier but I have more faith in him that Tom Phillips at the moment, and I don't have a heap of cash on the bench to cash in. I didn't even realise Narkle & McInerney weren't playing on the weekend, so I only had mid & def cover.

I might try to cash in big O and then upgrade Phillips to somebody like Oliver or Macrae. If only I'd been able to grab Abbott when he debuted :(

I also don't think I'll be C'ing Mitchell despite promising to never take it off him again, Hewett is just too good.

So far I've swapped Rockliff to Josh Dunkley

I'm thinking of using my remaining salary cap for two options:
Sideways a midfielder for a slightly better midfielder within $25,000
Sideways a bench rookie in the ruck to a playing ruck under $300,000 for any point protection for my rucks (Grundy, Jacobs)
Or maybe sideways another bench rookie for slightly better return (maybe) on my emergency cover.

It would be a shame to have a trade in hand and fall short by 20 points.

At this point in time I am going Rocky to Dunkley. With limited cash left I am thinking of taking a punt on Buddy and trading him in for McLean.
I lost a GF a few years ago because of his 200.
Or is Hawkins a better bet to go huge this week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wingard -> Hoff
McLean -> Hawkinsssssss

$100k leftover to burn as it seems cash is a non-issue in the latter stages of DT now.

Titch -> Adams
Sinclair -> Grundy

Captaining Grundy on debut. Feels dirty to back in all these Pies players but we're just so awful at the moment :(

Interestingly, last years winner (and this years leader) loaded up up Geelol players last week. He had 4 in, also had 3 doggies against Carltoon as well.

I reckon he's come up with an excellent spreadsheet that covers a shitload of areas...rookies, which premos to add and when, in particular the Bye planning.....it's not just luck and a good eye for Fantasy that has got him in this position to go B2B

So far I've swapped Rockliff to Josh Dunkley

I'm thinking of using my remaining salary cap for two options:
Sideways a midfielder for a slightly better midfielder within $25,000
Sideways a bench rookie in the ruck to a playing ruck under $300,000 for any point protection for my rucks (Grundy, Jacobs)
Or maybe sideways another bench rookie for slightly better return (maybe) on my emergency cover.

It would be a shame to have a trade in hand and fall short by 20 points.

Any players you’re worried about this week regarding tag / tough opposition?

Otherwise the bench ruck rookie sounds good - would hate to cop a zero!

Any players you’re worried about this week regarding tag / tough opposition?

Otherwise the bench ruck rookie sounds good - would hate to cop a zero!
Just whether Tom Mitchell will get tagged by Hewitt.

That captain choice could be the difference too. Then again, I've won games this season after my opponent took the C off Mitchell and he puts out nearly 200.

At this point in time I am going Rocky to Dunkley. With limited cash left I am thinking of taking a punt on Buddy and trading him in for McLean.
I lost a GF a few years ago because of his 200.
Or is Hawkins a better bet to go huge this week?

Might be out
But if playing he still seems more unlikely to go 150 than Hawkins right?

Interestingly, last years winner (and this years leader) loaded up up Geelol players last week. He had 4 in, also had 3 doggies against Carltoon as well.

I reckon he's come up with an excellent spreadsheet that covers a shitload of areas...rookies, which premos to add and when, in particular the Bye planning.....it's not just luck and a good eye for Fantasy that has got him in this position to go B2B

Would be incredible if Selby did go back to back.
Also he does have that spreadsheet https://au.gofundme.com/moreiras-magic-starlight-pledge

Just whether Tom Mitchell will get tagged by Hewitt.

That captain choice could be the difference too. Then again, I've won games this season after my opponent took the C off Mitchell and he puts out nearly 200.

Yup it’s hard
I think that putting Grundy C this week is just as safe as Titch, and maybe moreso so will likely do as a PoD for this week.

It’s hard because if you downgrade Titch you are left with a heap of cash that you won’t spend. But if you think someone else will go bigger it makes sense to get him.

Injuries pending I think I’ll dump him for Dangerfield or Ablett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back