Game Day Round 3, 2020: Collingwood v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gresh seems like our only mid really having a dip. Jones maybe, but not having a huge impact.

Steele, Hanners and Ross have been really disappointing for supposed leaders.

The way they are able to waltz through the middle with no pressure is frustrating.

Need a lift. Need to try and get something out of the game.

Paton and Butler have battled hard.

Good to see Ross’ decision making hasn’t changed

It looks like we need a new game plan against these pressure-based sides. Once the pressure hits us, we panic and turnover the ball. I wouldn’t be too down if we get smashed. We know that Collingwood is a quality side and hopefully Ratten will work around them once we play them again. I would say that because Butler comes from Richmond, he’s used to playing against this style, hence why he’s been our clear best player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hill has been disappointing, we paid for a f***ing Rolls Royce and all we got was a Datsun 180B.

Some of our other midfield recruits have been disappointing too, Jones and Hannebury can f*** off back to Sydney with their pathetic efforts.

And don't get me started on Seb Ross, how is this guy in our team let alone given a leadership role, he is weak as water when the heat goes on.

Gresham and Steele are our only two midfielders that can still hold their heads high.
Funny what bias can do. Steeele has had 5 possessions

Hunter actually looks like he's holding up is one positive. King doesn't look s**t despite dropping a couple. Butler was the steal of the season. Gresham is contesting. The rest are pretty crap.

The Pies understand where their teammates are around the contest and spread so well. We can't lay a finger on Pendles and Sidebottom. Our mids are always under the pump. Pies 100% switched on and we are lost. Guys like Jones, Hanners, Marsh, Steele, we're looking for an inside game, Pies are brilliantly making it an outside game to suit them. Our backs and forwards are ok, it's our mid setup that's letting us down.

Midfield needs to lift, start and end of story

Yep, the defence are getting smashed because we have no ability to even handle the mids. There is absolutely zero pressure for their mids.

It's still winnable but bloody hell do we need to pull our finger out. If we can chip away, get it under three goals by 3QTR time, at least it gives us a crack. Can't see it happening, we've been poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our best hope of beating Collingwood is through attrition. They are outplaying us on every line. Their midfield is killing us and their defensive structures are superior. Their chasing is forcing errors and we have not been able to cut off their offensive forays. Their forwards are lethal. They seem to be the speedier team.

It's still winnable but bloody hell do we need to pull our finger out. If we can chip away, get it under three goals by 3QTR time, at least it gives us a crack. Can't see it happening, we've been poor.

I'd be happy I we don't loose by 60 points plus. We would have to send a different side out after half time.

Hill has been disappointing, we paid for a f***ing Rolls Royce and all we got was a Datsun 180B.

Some of our other midfield recruits have been disappointing too, Jones and Hannebury can f*** off back to Sydney with their pathetic efforts.

And don't get me started on Seb Ross, how is this guy in our team let alone given a leadership role, he is weak as water when the heat goes on.

Gresham and Steele are our only two midfielders that can still hold their heads high.

We need to bring back Dunstan, he might be slow and kicks the ball like a bag of wheat but at least he has a crack.
Not sure what game ya watching mate.

Steele has been woeful. Can't get his hands on the footy and his direct opponent has had14 touches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back