Game Day Round 3, 2020: Collingwood v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just need to start winning the ball at the break down and stop Collingwoods half back flankers running through creating extras through the square.

We had a total of 4 tackles in the 1st quarter - Collingwood are making us look silly. Start burying a few of the f....rs.

Hill is playing bruise free football. Marsh is doing nothing at FP try him tagging Pendlebury FFS.

We might be better off in the middle with Hill, Butler and Lonie! Need the nimbleness in there. Hanners and the rest aren't making a contest.

The Pies understand where their teammates are around the contest and spread so well. We can't lay a finger on Pendles and Sidebottom. Our mids are always under the pump. Pies 100% switched on and we are lost. Guys like Jones, Hanners, Marsh, Steele, we're looking for an inside game, Pies are brilliantly making it an outside game to suit them. Our backs and forwards are ok, it's our mid setup that's letting us down.

I conpletely forgot to mention Ross too... :huh:

I think ross is now in the josh bruce chair. He's just not ever going to be a player to drive this side to finals.

Hanners is old so meh.

Steele can play a lock down role but that's it.

Hill will be ok with a decent midfield around him.

Billings we need to see with a decent inside midfield.

Ross is a foil inside, does the job but Steele was/is his upgrade. We're missing the "Hayes type" of the bull that is a inside mid first to feed to the Hills and Billings types outside, and instead going bit part with the Ross/Steele/Hanners options in there, as whilst Hanners "can" he isn't, who are "run with" sort of options to negate the oppo winning the initial contest from the tap and forcing error.

Problem being when you run into "quality" as in, they have plans, they can execute them, you get torched since you chase arse from the get go.

If we're running 2 rucks to win the tap and provide first use, Jones is Ross' upgrade, he's rotated out at seasons end and we chase that bull mid for pure inside first use.

I do find it amusing that Ross won the B&F last year when I feel that he is our weakest mid. His disposal isn't good enough to be an effective outside mid, while he doesnt win enough contested football to be called an inside mid. So what we have is just an accumulator whose stats often look decent, but really whose effectiveness is limited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back