Review Round 3, 2021 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got home from the game. Have not read through all posts but can i give some credit to Marcus Adams for his second half efforts tonights. Some crucial one percenters and thought his second half was very good.

Play Robertson all year.
Let him have good and bad games learning around the Neale and Lyon types.
I thought he started a little jittery and off the pace (wouldn’t have played a game like this in 12 months to be fair) but he just got better and better.

We need another reliable pencilled in midfielder and he could be it.

Play Robertson all year.
I thought he started a little jittery and off the pace (wouldn’t have played a game like this in 12 months to be fair) but he just got better and better.

Agree and I feel this is what people want for Ely Smith as well.

I back Fages in though with the Ely decision but even I question why he hasn't got a look in yet.

Huuuuuuge win for us tonight.

As soon as Zac marked that ball, I felt supremely confident that he would kick it. He's easily our most composed and reliable set shot for goal

If I were framing a market for one of our players to kick that goal under that sort of pressure I would have had:

Zac: 5-2 on

Linc: 6.-4 on

Lyons, Rich, : evens

Hippy and Charlie:5-4

Daniher :7-4

Clug and Zorko : 5-2

Anyone else: 3-1 or worse

1-2 feels like light years better than 0-3

Thank the Lord it was Zac that had the kick

It's a fine line between ecstasy and hope and doom and gloom.

We just let Grundy do what he liked and it took us half a game to make the best of it.

We're far too slow out of defence and took the soft option too often which allowed them to man up. It was only when the game was really on the line that we started to run and gun.

In the end we deserved to win . McCluggage was incredible in the last 5 minutes as were Rich and Adams.

Birchall showed why you have to play him. He knows what to do most times.

Dev Robertson has to be played all the time . Great composure under pressure for a guy in his 2nd game.

We really have a potent attack with Daniher, Hipwood and Cameron , plus Zorko ,McCarthy and Bailey chipping in. . It's just not effective going short all the time when you have those guys down there . We'll work it out one of these days. Thankfully Rich chose the right option to go short when it counted.

Thank God it went through. We needed that win.
Being at the game tonight i reckon it might have been Fagan's gameplan to try and slow the game down. Maybe Fagan thought the best chance for Brisbane to win was to try and stay as close to collingwood for as long as possible . Maybe going quick he was worried about the turnover really hurting us on the rebound. Just a thought. When we did actually try and cut through the middle of the ground we seemed to cut them up everytime as well though?

Play Robertson all year.

Is dev a wingman ? I didn't mind him out there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huuuuuuge win for us tonight.

As soon as Zac marked that ball, I felt supremely confident that he would kick it. He's easily our most composed and reliable set shot for goal

If I were framing a market for one of our players to kick that goal under that sort of pressure I would have had:

Zac: 5-2 on

Linc: 6.-4 on

Lyons, Rich, : evens

Hippy and Charlie:5-4

Daniher :7-4

Clug and Zorko : 5-2

Anyone else: 3-1 or worse

1-2 feels like light years better than 0-3

Thank the Lord it was Zac that had the kick

Really good odds. I would have had linc ahead of bails for anything but the game on the line. That's not because I think linc is worse in the clutch, it's just you can see that bails is the kind of bloke suffering from testiculas elephintitis and so would come through when the game is on the line

Epic night - so good to be back at the footy. Booing, screaming, carrying on like idiots. Have we missed that in Melbourne. And then to take down the Pies after the siren ! Rich's left foot is incredible - a joy to watch. And on Hipwood - when he played up the ground in the 2nd quarter, he really contributed and an excellent set shot. But got horribly outmarked by Roughead when the ball was coming in high. He's got to play up around the middle and lead his guts out. Then Daniher is one out - and he's excellent at that role.

McCluggage's last quarter was awesome - even Pie fans were impressed. Brilliant win under the most trying of circumstances.

So do people see a chance for jax prior to break into the side next week? I really liked what he gave last week but not sure where he could slot in

Really pleased for the vic supporters to have been able to be at such an emotional win. By the time we get to watch the pies game at the Gabba we’ll have hit form and it’ll just be a 90 point flogging

😁😁😁😁😁😁

Yes.....Vic Lions supporters have suffered through some pretty ordinary performances over the years at Marvel

The Lions "voice" in the crowd tonight matched it with the Pies mob for the whole match.

It's really inspirational and comforting hearing that passionate support for our Lions sitting on my lounge chair in Brisbane

Last edited:
So do people see a chance for jax prior to break into the side next week? I really liked what he gave last week but not sure where he could slot in
Quite likely we'll have Gardiner, Berry & McInerney back available - if so I can't imagine there'd be any changes other than to bring them in.

Quite likely we'll have Gardiner, Berry & McInerney back available - if so I can't imagine there'd be any changes other than to bring them in.

Yeah youre probs not wrong. I'd love to see more of prior and answerth but if were healthy its probably hard to see them slotted in. Except for birch who I would still like to see replaced by a highly talented youngster and damn the short term results

Big O for Ballenden is easy

Slotting in Gardiner and J Berry not quite so straightforward.

I suppose if push comes to shove, Gardiner gets Payne's spot and J Berry for Dev. If that happens , Payne and Dev could consider themselves very stiff

After being a Tom Berry sceptic for quite a while, I would now actually hate to see him dropped. I thought he was more than useful tonight, did the team thing consistently and got some really important touches at crucial points.

Also, he has some serious speed which he seems to have learned to utilise to its best advantage. There's a lot to like and to work with

Call me out if I am being a nuisance but doesn't this piss you off listening to commentary like this - https://www.afl.com.au/video/575076...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1617277673001

Just absolutely shocking from BT, he almost sounds deflated.. what a ******* disgrace.

Yeah , nah

Considering he played for the Pies , I thought his "call" of the closing stages was pretty good.

He also called out the disgraceful umpiring howler that cost us a win in the Geelong game.....and immediately

Back in the studio after the game, Lyon and Reiwoldt did their best to sweep it under the carpet even though it was clear that Browny was fuming

BT does tend to waffle sometimes and he's not the most technically accurate caller you'll ever hear.

Other than that, I find him pretty even handed and entertaining.

Back