Game Day Round 3, 2022 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team is in an interesting place. We have won ugly for the last 2 weeks, this is an exceptional sign. There is plenty of room for improvement in the team/selfless acts the boys need to do to become a premiership team.

I've watched Rayner with great interest and he looks in ripping shape. He is such a power athlete, there is no way he can become an elite midfielder in the competition. I don't think Cam has the running capacity to work up and down the ground, his body type does not allow for it. I think he could be an absolutely dominant forward with small burst in the centre square for clearances only. This is not a knock on Rayner. He is a power forward.

I'm not sold on Zorko out of the backline, the stats looked good, his ball use has always been good at best, the running defender needs elite ball use to prevent turnovers. Our midfield lacks zip when Zorks isn't in there. Hopefully we will see him move back into the mids once his body allows it.

There isn't much to discuss regarding the roles in the team, it is nice to cherry pick a few things. Thank god the Leppa years fading from my memory!

Tonight should be a great indicator of the hunger within our team. If our attitude is cherry ripe, look out north.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Does life get better, beyond waking up on GAME DAY thusly:

1. To recall that your real estate agent has a signed contract of sale on your house for almost twice what you paid for it 7 years ago?
2. That due to 1, your overseas adventure, which is an Homeric Odyssey lasting 6+ years, is closer now than it was last week?
3. And unconnected to 1 and 2, Port, that trash bunch of teal-loving flopheads, are 0-3 and lost a Showdown with a kick after the siren?

DOES LIFE GET BETTER? :D

YES IT DOES!

For I have coffee.
And Lions....there is always Lions :)

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS

:D

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Does life get better, beyond waking up on GAME DAY thusly:

1. To recall that your real estate agent has a signed contract of sale on your house for almost twice what you paid for it 7 years ago?
2. That due to 1, your overseas adventure, which is an Homeric Odyssey lasting 6+ years, is closer now than it was last week?
3. And unconnected to 1 and 2, Port, that trash bunch of teal-loving flopheads, are 0-3 and lost a Showdown with a kick after the siren?

DOES LIFE GET BETTER? :D

YES IT DOES!

For I have coffee.
And Lions....there is always Lions :)

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS

"Port, that trash bunch of
teal-loving flopheads".
I'm stealing this.

And congrats on your house sale 😁

Sausages
Congratulations. Hopefully you'll be able to follow from afar, if you so desire.

Oh yeah, for sure - the plan looks something like this....

UK - 6 months, with a fair few continental visits, notably Ibiza
Europe - 3 months probably based in Holland, as that's central to most of the music events I want to attend.

That puts me around March next year, based off my planned late June departure - it gets a tad dicey from there, I may well spend a few weeks in Asia if the CoVid situation is better than it is right now, because I would like to be able to re-enter the UK for the Ashes....sadly, I'll miss the final test, as I have a date at Burning Man festival next year in the US. You can be sure I'll be posting a great many images and video of THAT party lol. Full access tickets cost around 5k, which gives me the chance to go sex up some movie star ahaha. Yes, I have no chance. Yes, I will be denied entry to their tents. No, I won't get bashed :p

After that, no plans of any kind right now - Burning Man will hopefully kick off a 6 month jaunt around the US/Canada, from there....likely back to Europe, probably the Nordic countries that I've visited before and would like to do again, and Reykjavik in Iceland is a definite sometime as well.

So, I'll pretty much be in Western tech-heavy environs, so catching the footy shouldn't be an issue :D

My initial landing zones and travel times are based off the maximums allowable for an Aussie passport holder without a visa. Whilst there's no specific reason for avoiding getting a visa, I'd like to delay it as long as possible solely for convenience...ie, not feeling like I HAVE TO stay in a country. The tricky bit is balancing up departure and re-entry....you can't be seen to be using your tourist status as a proto-citizenship by being "based in" a country. Immigration officials will have no hesitation in denying you entry if they think you are doing that....so go for 6 months, come back 12-16 months later, no huge issue....but going for 6, away for 3, coming back for 6, away for 3, back for 6....yeah, nah, they won't allow that. And whilst the UK is now not part of the EU, ducking over for a week to Ibiza/France/Holland etc doesn't re-set that initial 6 month entitlement. And the US is much the same, even a tad more strict.

Sport and Music are the 2 driving forces. My music isn't really played anywhere in Oz, hence why Europe and the US are my destinations. Music festivals, in addition to regular nite clubs, form a chunk of that....Burning Man, Glastonbury, Coachella are all on the list, as is virtually every trance/progressive festival in and around western Europe, the UK and the US. Sport too....Ashes, FA Cup, every football game Luton Town plays, any international football games featuring Denmark (my second team after Australia)....hockey in Canada (ideally featuring grudge matches vs the Habs), NBL (Yankees vs Red Sox at Fenway or Yankee Stadium is a definite), NFL (don't really follow any teams in the NFL, so pretty much any game and if I could swing a Superbowl ticket, that'd be great), Tennis (any and all of the 4 majors), doing a grand slam tour with the Wallabies (England at Twickenham is a definite)....

I'll be blogging all this too and the goal is to be a digital nomad for at least 4 years, when a friend of mine will be, in her words, "55 and free" and we will do music festivals for around 6 months. We've talked about it for ages, she knows I'm going early and I have given her my word that I'll still be over there somewhere and financial. So, whilst it SOUNDS like alot, the reality is I'll be on a tight budget and there'll be plenty of nights just sitting in a dorm room or an AirBnB on the laptop. Writing and reading on my laptop will be my solace from people and spending money :)

LOVE JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE :D

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status