Autopsy Round 4, 2023: Hawks go home at half time v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought the umpires were really bad yesterday. There were a number of tackles where players illegally disposed and that were not rewarded. Worst non call was Tuohy on the members side flank city end. Took possession, had time, got ragdolled in a double tackle, tried to kick it, the ball missed his foot and it hit the ground. Was called play on. Think it was in the 4th. Pity every media outlet has a non disparagement clause because this sort of thing needs to be called out.
I've been saying it for years. People used to spew out the free kick hawthorn game and I'd tell them watch a Geelong game.

I've been saying it for years. People used to spew out the free kick hawthorn game and I'd tell them watch a Geelong game.
At one point in the first half when the Hawks were on top, the free kick count was 7-2 in hawthorns favour. And they were pissing and moaning about the free kicks.

From the moment the Cats were paid a free kick for a marking intereference that still boggles the mind, for the rest of the game it went 24-11 in the cats favour.

Hawkins, when he isn’t shoving people off the ball with both hands, he has them out pleading for a free kick. It really is a reflection of their coach.

T
This a million times over.

The journo even tried to bait him by saying Chris Scott said …….

Sam had that chance right then to stand up for his player and fly the flag for his club and put scott on notice that we are not going to put up with his sooking and whinging.

Sammy is too busy at the moment trying to play Mr nice guy in the media with whateley and others each week and really needs to get that nasty little prick streak back out we all know he has.

I spose he has been told by the PR machine that we need smiles and calmness while rebuilding.
That's correct at the moment Hawthorn must a nice little club and say please and thank you and go about our business while the racism claim hangs over our heads.
Bring back "Unsociable" I say.

At one point in the first half when the Hawks were on top, the free kick count was 7-2 in hawthorns favour. And they were pissing and moaning about the free kicks.

From the moment the Cats were paid a free kick for a marking intereference that still boggles the mind, for the rest of the game it went 24-11 in the cats favour.

Hawkins, when he isn’t shoving people off the ball with both hands, he has them out pleading for a free kick. It really is a reflection of their coach.
I noticed the TV coverage never showed a replay of that incident.

I noticed the TV coverage never showed a replay of that incident.
Yeah because no one knew what it was for. It couldn’t have been Breust because he marked that ball fairly.

So what was it for - 30 metres off the ball marking infringement?

What shat me is that Sam had a chance to defend Meek and shut Scott the fk up, and didn't. He let it through to the keeper. Was the perfect time to draw a line in the sand and say something like "Chris should stick to commenting on his own players"
You know Clarko would. Mitch I think is coming across as an easy target because the feeling out there is he has enough on his plate with how his team is going he won't have time to get into an argument with us coaches. That's the vibe I get when I hear comments that Scott made yesterday. Kicking the club while it's down. In 2 years time Scott will have more things to worry about than Blicavs copping a knee to the guts I can assure you. There heading towards oblivion whether he wants to accept it or not.

This a million times over.

The journo even tried to bait him by saying Chris Scott said …….

Sam had that chance right then to stand up for his player and fly the flag for his club and put scott on notice that we are not going to put up with his sooking and whinging.

Sammy is too busy at the moment trying to play Mr nice guy in the media with whateley and others each week and really needs to get that nasty little prick streak back out we all know he has.

I spose he has been told by the PR machine that we need smiles and calmness while rebuilding.
He is learning the caper still. It is not often until a coach has a lot of success that they start to talk about the state of the game etc.

I think Clarko, Hardwick and Scott speak up a lot only because they have the runs on the board.

You know Clarko would. Mitch I think is coming across as an easy target because the feeling out there is he has enough on his plate with how his team is going he won't have time to get into an argument with us coaches. That's the vibe I get when I hear comments that Scott made yesterday. Kicking the club while it's down. In 2 years time Scott will have more things to worry about than Blicavs copping a knee to the guts I can assure you. There heading towards oblivion whether he wants to accept it or not.
Its a bit of a pile on at the minute . We've copped some beltings , in an aggressive rebuild and have the off field stuff too .
We are an easy target for everyone.
Sam's performing well in the media considering and has a few onboard .
We just need to work our way through it .

C.Scott always comments on opposition players , incidents and the like . Never gets quizzed on it. The media like they get an easy grab from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes OK - Very good against Kangas and spirited against the Swans.

Thought his touch was a bit off yesterday as it was against the bombers.

He uncharacteristically fumbled and a dropped a couple of marks yesterday. Wasn’t alone though

He is learning the caper still. It is not often until a coach has a lot of success that they start to talk about the state of the game etc.

I think Clarko, Hardwick and Scott speak up a lot only because they have the runs on the board.

Don’t forget the history is there with Mitchell as a player Vs Scott the coach and his entire playing group.

Mitchell was a tough little bugger and got caught up many times in incidents against the cats.

Sam was also very sharp on the tongue and not short on words .

Scott will be taking great please in watching him and us struggle big time.

Sam really does need to tell him to shut the F up in whatever is the PC way these days and put him on notice .

Don’t forget the history is there with Mitchell as a player Vs Scott the coach and his entire playing group.

Mitchell was a tough little bugger and got caught up many times in incidents against the cats.

Sam was also very sharp on the tongue and not short on words .

Scott will be taking great please in watching him and us struggle big time.

Sam really does need to tell him to shut the F up in whatever is the PC way these days and put him on notice .
Sometimes when Clarko would fire up at the AFL, or a commentator or opposition coach it would seem great at the time.

But the only real meaningful wins are the ones that bring home the 4 points.

I thought the bowl of noodles explanation o Fox Footy was a lot worse, and when Nicks pointed out they don't waste time on that rubbish it was a bit humiliating for Sam.

Sometimes when Clarko would fire up at the AFL, or a commentator or opposition coach it would seem great at the time.

But the only real meaningful wins are the ones that bring home the 4 points.

I thought the bowl of noodles explanation o Fox Footy was a lot worse, and when Nicks pointed out they don't waste time on that rubbish it was a bit humiliating for Sam.

Yeah Nicks gave him a little jab for sure .

Concerning for me is that Jai and Moore have had pretty poor starts to the year.

I was hoping to see them excel this year.
The biggest concern is that unless these 2 play blinders we are getting flogged. No one else is good enough to step up and have meaningful impact on a game. (Day has been very solid but hasn't hit the scoreboard or been damaging by hitting targets inside 50).
We lack star quality.

What?

R1: 18 disposals, 3 tackles, 3 clearances - hit every kick into the 50
R2: 12 disposals, 3 tackles, 3 clearances - was OK in the contest but not given time to use his attributes
R3: 20 disposals, 9 tackles, 3 clearances - fantastic physical game
R4: 16 disposals, 4 tackles, 4 clearances - absolutely nothing went his way from kicking to fumbles to getting caught

He's had two good games and two bad games adjusting to the pace of things. Perfectly acceptable for a first year midfielder given how badly our entire unit capitulates. Did have an absolute stinker yesterday though.

Not to mention he only attended two CBA's for the game.

Honestly, this needs to be flagged with the AFL so they actually read their own rule book…
Nathan Buckley made the same case this morning, said Blicavs is trying to impede Meeks jump by crossing the drop zone
and that as a result, Meek should have recourse to protect himself. Essentially Blicavs is not a ruckman and
his clumsiness leads to the outcome.

The whole ruck thing seems like it would be an easy fix.

If the umpire just threw it up instead of bouncing it then it would be reliably fairer to both sides.

On top of that just adjudicate the contest with the same principles of a marking contest.

I don’t see why a ruck contest should need to be judged any differently. The only material difference is that the ruckmen are tapping it rather than marking it.

Nathan Buckley made the same case this morning, said Blicavs is trying to impede Meeks jump by crossing the drop zone
and that as a result, Meek should have recourse to protect himself. Essentially Blicavs is not a ruckman and
his clumsiness leads to the outcome.
This is so correct. Blicavs has nothing to complain about and went on about it all f…ing day. And then Chris Scott deflected so perfectly. Typical Chris Scott and his players AND Geelong fc. They are tools and the Media just lap it up. F…ing challenge them.

This is a brilliant post. Scott is a whingeing tool, and do not hold your breath about footy media, they love him because he provides them with plenty of quotes. I wish our coaches got away with his comments.
And more importantly Sam, play him for the fool that Scott is. Stand up for your players Sam, because only Scott wins. The media, and Whately in particular, just love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back