Autopsy Round 4, 2024 : Hawks get Pied

Remove this Banner Ad

Meeks biggest strength is his follow up work after a ruck contest and can win a clearance which he did a number of times tonight.

His biggest weakness is his marking and reading of the ball in the air, Tom Mitchell out marked him. And when he does get his hands on it he drops most of them.

And I think that’s the biggest problem with both our rucks as they offer very little offensively and don’t take marks around the ground.

He will definitely get a block of games now as he’s played better than Reeves so far this season
I knew when that mark was taken that someone would bring it up on here.

It was a high, virtually straight up in the air kick. The hardest ball to mark & more luck than skill to whoever takes that mark.

Personally, I wouldn’t be putting shit on any player for not taking that mark, but you go 👎🏻

You missed some important facts like it was his 3rd game and he kicked a goal at an important time of our come back.

I feel you just like to stick your boots in to players. It’s called development!
You know that Meek was up against a 2nd gamer against Geelong as their PRIMARY ruck last week. What is your point.

Just saying, stop overstating his output. It creates backslapping comfort

Unfortunately, I believe Reeves is finished. Hit Outs don't often lead to a clean break at the Bounce and it's all he has got.
So you believe a 25yr old ruckman is finished ??
I’m glad you are no more than a poster on here. As a list manager, you’d be worse than Eagles list managers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometime when we play well, he doesn’t actually get that involved.

He has been great this year, but in three losses. There’s plenty of players in the competition who do that (have great games despite the team not winning).

I’m not being critical, but James not having much influence doesn’t mean we can’t win games. In fact it may mean the other players around him are doing more, which is exactly what we want.
Yeah I think he's playing really well this year. Great that Nuke lifted too. We just need 4 quarters out of them

Our forward line is a big problem but I think a part of that is that neither Chol nor Ginnivan have really found their place and groove yet. They are both working hard but I reckon they are still finding their way a bit. Our entries into F50 can be slow and very poor which doesn't help.

Also, I think Ward played the best game I have seen him play and really worked into the game when the rubber hit the road. I hope he (and the team) can build on that intensity because the team needs to bring it every week. It shows that they are competitive. I also liked McKenzie's game and he was very busy for most of the game. He is positioning himself very well and providing an option. Weddle has had better games but he was working hard and I wonder if he is finding playing different positions a bit of a challenge. He is very young and seems to be a bit of a swing man for the team already.

You know that Meek was up against a 2nd gamer against Geelong as their PRIMARY ruck last week. What is your point.

Just saying, stop overstating his output. It creates backslapping comfort
What’s my point? 😂 you are the one who’s gone off topic!!

Since you brought it up, Conway was pick 24 in the 2021 national draft and Ramsden pick 6 in the 2022 mid season draft. There’s a reasons for this…. Conway was rated higher.

Some big player don’t have rammers impact in 50 games at alone 3 games.

According to the broadcast the Hawks had 10 players under 21 and the pies only 2.

Rammers is playing his role in an under manned team. He is developing nicely!

Our forward line is a big problem but I think a part of that is that neither Chol nor Ginnivan have really found their place and groove yet. They are both working hard but I reckon they are still finding their way a bit. Our entries into F50 can be slow and very poor which doesn't help.

Also, I think Ward played the best game I have seen him play and really worked into the game when the rubber hit the road. I hope he (and the team) can build on that intensity because the team needs to bring it every week. It shows that they are competitive. I also liked McKenzie's game and he was very busy for most of the game. He is positioning himself very well and providing an option. Weddle has had better games but he was working hard and I wonder if he is finding playing different positions a bit of a challenge. He is very young and seems to be a bit of a swing man for the team already.

Forwards aren't the issue really.
It's slow ball movement from the wing that forces the ball onto of a contest, rather than to a lead/space.

Hardwick commanded the forwardline. He did what we have been crying out for breust/gunston to do. Not kick goals (that's a bonus), but to actually direct the forwards where to run

Forwards aren't the issue really.
It's slow ball movement from the wing that forces the ball onto of a contest, rather than to a lead/space.

Hardwick commanded the forwardline. He did what we have been crying out for breust/gunston to do. Not kick goals (that's a bonus), but to actually direct the forwards where to run
We need two of him

Meek had his best game for the club. It's great to have a ruckman that can throw his weight around.

It's now his ruck spot to lose.

#JusticeForSimonCrawshay
I don't often get them right but I pretty much nailed this one 100% 😜

Big props to Meek for taking his chance and running with it though. He plays like that every week and he's gonna be a favourite on this forum very quickly.

Bring in Serong, move Weddle up the ground. I’m not a fan of the current back six. It’s all over the place right now.
100%. Or bring in Phillips.

Some thoughts:
  • Meek can be a dominant ruck force in the comp in the coming years
  • Ward will be a serious player
  • Frost again was outstanding
  • Newk is back
  • McKenzie is building nicely
  • Amon very good
  • Dimma stays fwd now that Seamus is back
  • Scrim becoming an elite defender.

A lot to take out of that. Mainly the spirit that we believed we could win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back