Preview Round 4, 2024: Richmond v St.Kilda - Norwood Oval, Sunday 7th April, 3:20PM AEST *GATHER ROUND*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharman has put in 3 stinkers to start the year, what makes you think he could do OK on the wing? Its probably the last position I'd play him in. Our large injury list probably saves him this week but Hayes coming back will force him out.

He's still only averaging on good game every 20 and needs to find consistency quickly.
I don't know about 3 "stinkers", but you must be the happiest you've been in a year or so!! Don't get too used to it though, I'm sure the Titanic will go back to making you look silly fairly soon.....

So to all the track and sandy watchers
Has Garcia done enough?
Wet day so I watched the Sandy v Essendon game.

Reckon Garcia should get a run as the sub. Collard kicked 4 but Garcia would be a better choice as he can play as a pressure fwd and run through the midfield..

Fast, loves a tackle, good skills and can kick a goal.

I don't know about 3 "stinkers", but you must be the happiest you've been in a year or so!! Don't get too used to it though, I'm sure the Titanic will go back to making you look silly fairly soon.....

If he keeps up his average I've got about 17 games to go then before that happens...

Not sure the coaches have shown any genuine leaning towards using Owens in the middle apart from as ruck relief.
They seem determined to use him as a forward despite the fact he’s a very ordinary shot at goal.
Really, really needs some work on his goal kicking if he’s playing anywhere near the forward line.
Or, in fact, anywhere.

No, he was moved because wood got KOd and he has the tank and height to play the wood role. That's why he was moved, but that's OK, you keep your narrative going
Only has mark and kick as his only trick and can only run in straight lines, has zero agility and ability at ground level. The wing is the last place for a player with those attributes. He's a forward that isn't kicking goals.

Don't expect us to win this one. Injuries are just diabolical, too hard to overcome. Add to that we are not in great form.

I am treating this year as a learning year. Get more games into kids, get Owens onto the ball.

I am normally pretty pessimistic, but a decent run with injuries and I see us as a genuine top 4 threat next year.

Right now, we are not quite there. Unfortunately this year could get away from us very quickly. Lose this week, we could very easily lose the next 4 looking at our draw. It's a must win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because RTB has put him on the wing

You're not very bright are you
Clearly not.

8 disposals 60% ToG screams Winger...how dumb am I.

Week before 11 disposals 75% ToG

Against Cats, 14 disposals 75% ToG

...1 tackle in 3 games, I'm not that bright can someone tell me if wingman are meant to tackle.

He's a Natural wingman, or is that forward...or backman, I'm not thst bright I get confused...

2 goals in 3 games and a Natural forward, sorry I meant wingman, see this is what happens when you aren't thst bright.

Hey thanks for reminding me how dumb I am and how good our new wingman is.

I’m convinced the fate of our season depends on someone coming out of the woodwork and becoming a crackhead for the midfield hardball a la Liberatore Viney or Rowell. It seems a bit much to ask Owens or Windhager to do that in season 3. But unfortunately beyond them the list of blokes who can seemingly do it becomes very thin

Clearly not.

...1 tackle in 3 games, I'm not that bright can someone tell me if wingman are meant to tackle.

He's a Natural wingman, or is that forward...or backman, I'm not thst bright I get confused...

2 goals in 3 games and a Natural forward, sorry I meant wingman, see this is what happens when you aren't thst bright.

No one said that he is a natural wingman

That is just where he is playing...how are you not getting this? It's not about his stats, it's about the reality that the coach has him lining up on the wing since the first quarter vs collingwood

Too much sun in the far north it seems

Clearly not.

No one said that he is a natural wingman

That is just where he is playing...how are you not getting this? It's not about his stats, it's about the reality that the coach has him lining up on the wing since the first quarter vs collingwood

Too much sun in the far north it seems

Now ya making stuff up....Careful you don't fall over backpedalling too hard there grass hopper.

I’m convinced the fate of our season depends on someone coming out of the woodwork and becoming a crackhead for the midfield hardball a la Liberatore Viney or Rowell. It seems a bit much to ask Owens or Windhager to do that in season 3. But unfortunately beyond them the list of blokes who can seemingly do it becomes very thin
Just accept that we're screwed. Dow and Hunts are probably a month away and Crouch probably the bye. Not that any of them would make us that much better anyway.
The extra midfield time for Windy, Chito, Pou, perhaps Byrnes and others will give us a kick along that will pay off next year. We might have a decent second half if we can battle through this period.

Now ya making stuff up....Careful you don't fall over backpedalling too hard there grass hopper.
Backpedalling over what? I said he's bene playing in the wing position.

Because that's what he has been doing, mason Woods defensive wing role.

Is he as good as wood? No. But that's what he is doing atm.

You're slaying him because he hasn't been a very good forward. Pretty hard to be a very good forward when you're on the wing....

Backpedalling over what? I said he's bene playing in the wing position.

Because that's what he has been doing, mason Woods defensive wing role.

Is he as good as wood? No. But that's what he is doing atm.

You're slaying him because he hasn't been a very good forward. Pretty hard to be a very good forward when you're on the wing....
He just hasn't been good at all in his first 3 games, in ANy position. Like a few others is getting a game because of the lengthy injury list. Is very overrated and is currently only putting in one ok game every 20 games on average...I'm not very bright so I'll let you do the math.

So anyway.

Scared about this one with the state of our list at the moment. He'd be unlucky but I think Caminiti goes out for King. Seems less likely that he stays forward and they decide to keep Owens in the middle to cover for the loss of Windy. Otherwise I think Garcia has put a few good games together and has earned a call-up if we want to lean that way. Would like to see Hastie stay in as well but not sure that'll happen.

I'd never paid too much attention to it but after watching him practice his set shots from level 3 before the game on Saturday, his ball drop has to be one of the worst in the AFL. It's a miracle the ball even manages to hit his foot.
The set shot goal he kicked was a miracle of physics. The ball came down sideways off the drop and somehow hit his foot at enough of a vertical to go straight but helicopter through the air straight through. A piece of modern art.

My goodness I love what he does, roaming a full AFL paddock is what he was born to do. Not make him stop and think. That's not for the bull that he is. Leave that forward malarkey to those that lap it up and let the bull be a bull and rip to shreds the whole ground.

So anyway.

Scared about this one with the state of our list at the moment. He'd be unlucky but I think Caminiti goes out for King. Seems less likely that he stays forward and they decide to keep Owens in the middle to cover for the loss of Windy. Otherwise I think Garcia has put a few good games together and has earned a call-up if we want to lean that way. Would like to see Hastie stay in as well but not sure that'll happen.
I can't bring myself to invest at the moment. Win, lose or draw, just no more injuries please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back