Discussion Round 4 "Gather Round": Photos and Discussion

Not going to enter the Navy vs Royal Bluer debate

But that eagle logo just needs to be the permanent eagle on the jumper ASAP!!!!
Couldn’t agree more on the old eagle, it’s weirdly both outdated and timeless at the same time. 😂
I don’t know if the navy should be their home but it should definitely be in their jumper set.

Wonderful in theory

Terrible in practice.

Unless they are going to make the purple 10 times lighter scrap the idea

And the fact you have to use white numbers should tell you the purple isnt going to work.

I've always liked that guernsey for WCE. It's strong. Their best. Never thought I'd see the AFL allow a team to wear the old logo. Is this a first? Also another maybe unpopular opinion, that older AFL logo is better than the current one.
AFL must still own the rights and trademark to the logo - it as probably a five minute phonecall lol

call me crazy but the navy wings look better than the royal
It looks great, but royal stands out in crowds as opposed to generic dark clothes, and overall stands out more on the field.

We also wore Royal blue in all 4 flags. Navy isn't our colour, but good for throwback jumper alternative

I've always liked that guernsey for WCE. It's strong. Their best. Never thought I'd see the AFL allow a team to wear the old logo. Is this a first? Also another maybe unpopular opinion, that older AFL logo is better than the current one.
Think that is a very strange decision.

Just thought the blue stitching down the sides breaking up the yellow wings was a bit weird.

1712402110508.jpeg

It's strong. Their best.
Our best jumper is the one we've worn in our 4 premiership wins, IMO.

I've never been a fan of the white outline on the logo and wings either, I think it detracts from the overall look.

I don't mind navy for off-field merch and the occasional throwback like this one, but royal blue is our most iconic, and best look in my humble opinion.

how's the vibes there? cracker game
It's a unique footy experience. Mount Barker is quasi-rural but there's quite the community vibe amongst it all. Also helps that I managed to secure a good spot.

Actually thought I’d like the candy stripes guernsey but not a fan. I can’t put my finger on why.

Actually thought I’d like the candy stripes guernsey but not a fan. I can’t put my finger on why.
I like it a lot even in game, the shoulder stitching is a bit of a dampener but not a dealbreaker for me. I think being a white based clash jumper though it doesn’t have the same sort of effect that a black base jumper would, so I think I get what you mean.

I wouldn't be surprised if no team bothered to ask until now.

Back