Trades Round 4 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be avoiding him. He's played decently well in a winning side. If you expect Port to keep winning then it could be a good pickup, but I'd expect scoring to drop if Port loses. It's why I'm also avoiding those Gold Coast traps like Weller
Fair enough on Mckenzie, but don’t see Weller as a trap at all. GC won’t keep winning every week. But Weller has a great midfield role, is a young gun who’s breaking out. Even in losses I can still see him getting 85 BCV type scores. He’s a top 6 defender imo. Backline is a mess. Docherty, Lloyd and Houli the only 3 that you could be sure of. Weller at 647k is much cheaper than Lloyd/Houli

Any Geelong fans that can give us insight on Fort. Seems like everyone will trade in Gawn this week die to the fact they are expecting him to monster Fort. Do u guys think it will be like what grundy did to english in rd 1.

Hey lads! Fairly new to this so anyhelp would be great.

Good trades? What third trade or any other trade would you reccomend?
Keen to get simpkin or McGrath but might give d smith 1 more *ing week. Want Houston gone but no idea who to trade him for in the backline.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200624-230344_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20200624-230344_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20200624-230347_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20200624-230347_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20200624-230352_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20200624-230352_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20200624-230357_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20200624-230357_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 47
anyone debating naismith to pitt?

Sinclair will affect naismiths score right?

I don’t see Sinclair affecting Naismith’s scoring much to be honest. With no Buddy the Swans have been keen to have Sinclair playing forward when Naismith has been available. Naismith is not a natural forward at all whereas Sinclair is fairly good up there (West Coast supporters familiar with Sinclair 1.0 may well disagree with me on that mind you :$). Naismith/Sinclair is likely to be a Grundy/Cox or Grundy/Cameron type setup where Naismith does most of the rucking and Sinclair mostly sits forward barring the occasional chop out when Naismith needs a rest.

The fly in the ointment is McLean who can also ruck a bit but he’s in the side mostly as a forward and to be honest I can’t see him playing much around the ground at all with the other two in the team.

I’ve got Naismith and Pittonet so thankfully don’t need to choose, but I wouldn’t be put off Naismith just because Sinkers is in the side. Swans have made it clear (more through actions than words) that Naismith is their number 1 fancy in the ruck.

I brought Ridley in last week as a BCV avg of 84 is D6 material this year, plus he should go up to $600k.
He is also very unique!! I also have Aish who although struggled in the torrential rain, has been pretty good.

I love the Aish and Ridley picks, wish I'd had the courage! (I picked Noble over Ridley a couple of weeks back.) What did you base the Aish decision on if you don't mind me asking? (I think I probably had him higher up my list than most people, but never high enough for me to really take a deep dive into him; I wish I had have now.)

Also anyone else got an eye on Dan Butler??

Although he is kicking goals to get his score, he is also tackling like a beast!!

I have definitely noticed him in the games I've seen, and he's scoring, but this feels like the classic midpricer-going-through-a-purple-patch thing, where you're just counting down the weeks to a 30 or something horrible like that. And because goals and tackles are specifically the highest scoring categories, if he has an off day with those it could be a real bad outlook. In short, I understand why but I couldn't.

Is a good point.

I am going all in on a midpricer strategy. Have traded out a lot of "super" premiums and hunting for points. Using that cash to upgrade rookies. If Naismith doesn't get named then that's a bit tricky as there isn't really a middle ground like there is for the other 3 positions - only Pitt.

were you interested in any other midpricers? eg houston to doedee?

Now i'm

Cumming/Roberton/Davis to Doedee/Hamill/Butler.
If Naismith scores well i could swap Grundy for Cameron in utility.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on Doedee. The Traders love him, but I've never watched enough of the Crows to see why (well I've seen enough to like him as a player, just haven't seen the fantasy upside others apparently do). He's pretty KPDish isn't he? And while going from a 26 to 80-something in a week after returning from a lay-off is exciting...26 is pretty rough. For anyone who saw that 26, was it just teething? And the Crows are awful. 400ish k though...

I love the Aish and Ridley picks, wish I'd had the courage! (I picked Noble over Ridley a couple of weeks back.) What did you base the Aish decision on if you don't mind me asking? (I think I probably had him higher up my list than most people, but never high enough for me to really take a deep dive into him; I wish I had have now.)
I started with Aish due to his good scoring in P/S and Acres being injured. Also Freo looked like they wanted to play a high possie game style.
I must say I was concerned after rd1 but he's been good since.
If him and Ridley can average 75 then I'm happy for them to be D5 and D6 until i get luxury trades later.

Hey lads! Fairly new to this so anyhelp would be great.

Good trades? What third trade or any other trade would you reccomend?
Keen to get simpkin or McGrath but might give d smith 1 more f*n week. Want Houston gone but no idea who to trade him for in the backline.
I'd personally go Houston or Williams to someone like Ridley/Doedee.
Then next week one go one down and then Houston/Williams to Lloyd and get Simpkin in.

You have a good selection of rookies playing so from there you need to start doing the one down/one up to get rookies off the field.
What I have done first is get in midpricers who I am happy to be D6/M8/F6 at seasons end, then I will get more premiums in as the rookies fatten up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on Doedee. The Traders love him, but I've never watched enough of the Crows to see why (well I've seen enough to like him as a player, just haven't seen the fantasy upside others apparently do). He's pretty KPDish isn't he? And while going from a 26 to 80-something in a week after returning from a lay-off is exciting...26 is pretty rough. For anyone who saw that 26, was it just teething? And the Crows are awful. 400ish k though...
Just had a look and interestingly, even though they were thumped by Port, there was very few marks taken by Adelaide defenders in that game.
Against GC he took 8 marks.
Now I don't know which one is the new normal. I'd be waiting a week

I'm pretty big on him. Score obviously very dependant on marks but when he gets 6+ marks he tends to go 75+ (BCV). Backend of his rookie season he averaged 82 (BCV) (removing an injury effected game) and his avg marks where 6.8. As shown this year (small sample size), 1 mark = bad score (first game back in 18 months), 8 marks = yummy score.

For 400k priced at 42 (ACV), JS solid as rock and ability to hit 80 (ACV) he's a lock for me. Could see him hit high 500s

Thoughts on L.Butler as a rookie defender

Allows me to go

Smith - L.Butler
D.Smith - Simpkin
Sturt - Neale

$1 left

Should have every-one playing unless maybe Pickett gets dropped (or another surprise). Still not sure about A. Brayshaw, D Houston (unless Lienert/Watts comes in for Duursma)

Thoughts on L.Butler as a rookie defender

Allows me to go

Smith - L.Butler
D.Smith - Simpkin
Sturt - Neale

$1 left

Should have every-one playing unless maybe Pickett gets dropped (or another surprise). Still not sure about A. Brayshaw, D Houston (unless Lienert/Watts comes in for Duursma)
Butler has very good junior numbers

anyone debating naismith to pitt?

Sinclair will affect naismiths score right?
If i had the choice this week. Pitt over Nai everyday of the week. But i already have Naismith and I don't want to unnecessarily burn a trade so i'm telling myself that Sinclair will just play key forward and Naismith will mostly ruck.

I'mhedgin my bets a little by putting the Emergency on Naismith and leaving Xerri on field. If Naismith spud up. I'll completely change my trades and try and get Xerri up to Pitt. If Naismith scores 60+ i'll leave Naismith there and use my trades to fix up Brayshaw and Houston.

If i had the choice this week. Pitt over Nai everyday of the week. But i already have Naismith and I don't want to unnecessarily burn a trade so i'm telling myself that Sinclair will just play key forward and Naismith will mostly ruck.

I'mhedgin my bets a little by putting the Emergency on Naismith and leaving Xerri on field. If Naismith spud up. I'll completely change my trades and try and get Xerri up to Pitt. If Naismith scores 60+ i'll leave Naismith there and use my trades to fix up Brayshaw and Houston.

Sounds like a good strategy to me.
Naismith would have to stink up pretty bad to justify upgrading Xerri to World wide though!
Spanner in the works if Xerri is named or extended bench though! haha.

Getting in Pittonet this week at R2.

Currently have Ceglar at R2 after switching him into the rucks when Naismith was out.

Question is, do I just trade Ceglar to Pittonet which makes $197k, or do I trade out Brayshaw (switch Ceglar back to fwd line) which makes about $129k?

So basically, who would you prefer to have sitting in your fwd line? Ceglar or Brayshaw?

Currently have Ceglar at R2 after switching him into the rucks when Naismith was out.

Question is, do I just trade Ceglar to Pittonet which makes $197k, or do I trade out Brayshaw (switch Ceglar back to fwd line) which makes about $129k?

So basically, who would you prefer to have sitting in your fwd line? Ceglar or Brayshaw?
Ceglar a million percent.

I think Ceglar (reasons below)

Ceglar avg TOG 78% v Brayshaw 69%
Ceglar is benefiting from being the sole ruck and has had 2 recent impressive games (74, 80) also has a lower b/e than Brayshaw.
Brayshaw isn't getting enough time in the guts and only had the 6 CBA's last week. I think he'll struggle to score past 70 whereas Ceglar has a higher ceiling due to role and TOG. Hopefully Cegs can continue scoring 75-95 and then he'll be a great swap to a falling Whitfield once the seagull finds some form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back