Preview Round 5 2019: Richmond v Sydney, Marvel Stadium | Saturday 20/4 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m glad Graham was dropped. His skills just don’t cut it against the big boys. Needs to lose a few KGs as well. If your best asset is pressure then you’re going to struggle to retain your spot in a quality side. Needs to work on his offensive game.

Both dropees extremely stiff but Duz and Bach are pretty decent ins.

Interested to see how Bach goes considering we have a stupidly small turnaround. Would've thought that they'd have given him an extra couple of days to prep for the Dees, and we could've fit him around Ellis and Stack a bit easier with more of a view of the two.

Brandon named on wing. Interesting. So I'd assume our back six is:

Vlas Grimes Broad
Stack Astbury Houli

With Shed mopping up and Ellis pushing onto a wing.

A nagging worry: I do think we're betting a lot on Rossy here. JG34 had six tackles last Saturday and I doubt Dustin will have that sort of defensive impact. Ross will have to make up for it I'd expect. I like the confidence in the kid (buys into the "investing in you" that Dimma mentioned when he announced Stacky's debut in the club video) but sheesh. Cotch and Graham are usually our midfield pressure barometers. Now its Ross and...Dion? Caddy? Not quite sold.

Regardless we should get the win but a little more nervous now.

you need to learn to understand the true power of the chaos then you will understand the selection of the george each week
Except he’s not very good at the chaos anymore. :(

Ah well what’s done is done.

He’s got another chance this week, hope he takes it and shuts us naysayers up.

I really hope it is just a rest. I think our VFL team have a bye so he won’t be able to play at all.

You usually don't get named as a emergency if you're dropped. Managed for the clash v the Dees. We'll need some tough hard bodies for that against the cheese platters

I felt like he was better last week than previous weeks. Plus he's just come back from injury (excuse I know) but I think it was an ankle (correct me if I'm wrong here) and it's bloody hard to get back from something that limits your running ability. 6 tackles last week is a good sign so I guess we're investing for a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

still has a very high chaos level

both oppos and our own side have no idea what he's gonna do which is a sign of a true chaos merchant

with graham out we need dusty to have at least 4-6 tackles though, but he did that against gws so don't see why he can't against swans who are the slowest side in the last 20 years

Don’t know what selection committee are thinking dropping a big body against a big bodied midfield, I’d understand dropping him if Cotchin were coming back as well but what the heck are they thinking?
straight swaps really.... houli upgrade on menadue and dusty a massive upgrade on jack, no brainer really... pacy side selected against a s l o w side on a fast track, jack and menadue slot back in v melbs if injuries, a couple dont perform and if rioli, prestia, higgo, lynch, balta types, are too sore to get up after short break. soldo prob comes in v melbs too to halve nanks workload.... its a bloody pleasure these days seeing good sides picked every week with a blend of youth, stars and role players with the 3 or 4 left out, ready to step straight into back into the mix as required.

Last edited:
Guys melting over Graham being out need to go back and watch the last quarter of the Port game. He was hobbling around at stages and with the Melbourne game effectively 4 days after we play Sydney I'd say they have 'omitted' him as a means to freshen him up. With no VFL game it means he gets a full rest and can return against the Dees if need be.

I’m glad Graham was dropped. His skills just don’t cut it against the big boys. Needs to lose a few KGs as well. If your best asset is pressure then you’re going to struggle to retain your spot in a quality side. Needs to work on his offensive game.
I tend to agree. We may as well have just kept conca.
Jack needs to work hard at his game. Was AA captain because he was in a man's body against boys.

menadue dropped big fella

reckon we have enough fast short people still anyway

Right you are. I've had my doubts on Menadue but he was very serviceable last week. Without short we need that guaranteed run out of the back half that Houli brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back