Review Round 5 vs Collingwood - 46 point victory (93,373) [In depth post match analysis]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
oh my god that was sweet

Carlisle is going to be the All Australian Full Back what a superstar especially when he took that mark while injured

Heppell is too classy I swear there were two Scott Pendleburys out there

Watson getting interviewed by timmy made me horny and also that goal wowee

Stanton run run run

Winderlich what a freaking gun

Bellchambers pissed myself everytime I saw him laughing he knows he got it good today by umps

Hooker 100% DE wtf i need to lie down

Davey is not a kpf stop kicking it on his head

Gumbleton awesome aerialist maybe the best at the club

Merrett looks calm and composed a good kid bright future for him

Dempsey cool calm and collected

Hibberd set us up he was the true quarterback for us he carved the pies up with his long kicks

Goddard proving he is worth the money

Howlett most underrated midfielder in the competition absolute workhorse

Zaharakis 34 disposals 4 goals what a star if Watson or Stanton get tagged and he is allowed to roam free like this then that is a bad mistake for opposition teams, he is our most damaging mid as proven today hope he stays injury free

oh my god that was sweet

Carlisle is going to be the All Australian Full Back what a superstar especially when he took that mark while injured

Heppell is too classy I swear there were too Scott Pendleburys out there

Watson getting interviewed by timmy made me horny and also that goal wowee

Stanton run run run

Winderlich what a freaking gun

Bellchambers pissed myself everytime I saw him laughing he knows he got it good today by umps

Hooker 100% DE wtf i need to lie down

Davey is not a kpf stop kicking it on his head

Gumbleton awesome aerialist maybe the best at the club

Merrett looks calm and composed a good kid bright future for him

Dempsey cool calm and collected

Hibberd set us up he was the true quarterback for us he carved the pies up with his long kicks

Goddard proving he is worth the money

Howlett most underrated midfielder in the competition absolute workhorse

Very interesting in depth analysis.
Continue....

Well done you blokes. Admire the way youve stuck at it after a pretty tough time off the field. Had us well beat today (but please, you were also gifted a couple by the umps), looking forward to our next match now

Well done you blokes. Admire the way youve stuck at it after a pretty tough time off the field. Had us well beat today (but please, you were also gifted a couple by the umps), looking forward to our next match now

Yeah that free kick to Belly was a joke, but theres been a few similar paid lately so I must have missed the memo....

What an outstanding all-round effort:thumbsu: I keep looking for holes to pick but there's none that stick out, other than, as per the OP, sitting the ball on Davey's head - give him space to run onto the ball! Surely thats what he's there for one out against some at least a foot taller than him. But I dont really care atm:)

& my MAN = star:hearts: (usual nohomo disclaimer of course)

Our midfield was just so good today i really think we are set for the future

Watson - dominant powerful inside midfielder who dictates what happens at stoppages and wins contests
Stanton - absolute running machine an 80 metre player
Heppell - slick, composed user to capitalise and reward the inside work of jobe
Howlett - beast inside a pack who can explode away with pace and a tackling machine
Hocking - our best defensive mid with an underrated left foot and a big body to take hits
Goddard - the cream, elite disposal to give our forwards the best delivery
Zaharakis - the pace we need, slick disposal, elite decision making, kicks goals easily, x factor
Myers - powerful impact when put into the centre square, can clear the ball quickly and very far and very mobile

Looked great in patches. Zaka loves an Anzac Day game doesn't he. Stanton looked disinterested early. Davey isn't a marking target. That goal of Jobes late in the 4th was sublime. Hooker has come on very nicely. Carslisle is gonna be a superstar full back. Dempsey is very underrated throughout the comp, his pace creates a lot of opportunity from half back. In the face of adversity our boys have been phenomonal, I'm very proud of the whole group at the moment. I love you all , no homo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked great in patches. Zaka loves an Anzac Day game doesn't he. Stanton looked disinterested early. Davey isn't a marking target. That goal of Jobes late in the 4th was sublime. Hooker has come on very nicely. Carslisle is gonna be a superstar full back. Dempsey is very underrated throughout the comp, his pace creates a lot of opportunity from half back. In the face of adversity our boys have been phenomonal, I'm very proud of the whole group at the moment. I love you all , no homo.

Davey needs to be told to literally 'not present'. Because he does alot and is good at it, then the player instinctively passes and when it's too late he realises he has put the ball on top of a bloke that is about 1.5m high.

Davey needs to be told to literally 'not present'. Because he does alot and is good at it, then the player instinctively passes and when it's too late he realises he has put the ball on top of a bloke that is about 1.5m high.

They need to kick the ball flat and low to him; doesn't matter if it hits the ground before it reaches him. Kicking it high to him is just asking for a quick turnover. Buthaving said that, I thought Alwyn was great today and put a lot of pressure on them.

There was literally so many contributors out there today. The best was Zaharakis (goal per quarter) reckon he just wanted to give Essendon fans a new ANZAC memory of him because he was sick of hearing about 'that' goal he kicked on a day where he scarcely got a touch. The next best was Watson who was just his normal contested ball winning awesome self.

Then after that I have no idea how you split Stanton, Winderlich, Bellchambers, Dempsey, Hibberd, Heppell, Carlisle etc. They were all bloody good.

Some positives that stood out for me:
Gumbleton despite being beaten kicked some absolutely clutch goals for us.
Winderlich 3 goals was huge, if he finally has some luck with injuries he will be enormous for us this year.
Zaharakis back to his absolute best, I reckon its taken him a bit to get back to full fitness and today he was back to his explosive best, really running through and breaking those lines.
Heppell are a shoddy disposal week last week, today he was all class. Reckon he has the cleanest hands in our side and a couple of times we passed to him where he was surrounded by opposition and he absolutely had to take the grab and did. His vision and poise really stood out and I reckon in another 2 years time may be capable of putting himself in brownlow contention.
Our team defense through the middle - best its been at any stage, the few times that Collingwood were able to go end to end, they had to have ridiculous disposal. We kept them very honest for the most part today, working both ways.
Hibberd and Dempsey - These guys are becoming the full package as backmen, they beat their men in the contest then run off them and get us going offensively. Love it!

Brillant win, shows everyone how much the tigers suck, as I said once before they will go into Dreamtime 4-4, barring an absolute disaster we will go into the game against Geelong 6-0 with Hurley, Fletcher, Ryder and Kommer all back. We are in amazing form, should deal with GWS by 80-120. Zaka a star, deserved it all the way. Now I'm going to rub this in the face of some Collingwood supporters. GO BOMBERS!

Colyer. Why was he picked and why wasn't he sub?

Love to see the Melksham and Myers hate club try and justify Colyer getting a game over either of those two?

Well done bombers, was a dominant performance from a club under siege. Looked very clean, composed and confident in close quarters and pressure situations, we simply didn't have any answers today.

Good luck for the rest of the year & with the witch hunt. Also hope Colyer pulled up Ok, he is going places the kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back