Review Round 5 vs Collingwood - 46 point victory (93,373) [In depth post match analysis]

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree re: weak links. We still lack that gun forward who can kick 50+ goals a year. The only player I can see doing that is Gumby. Crameri is a 30-40 goal forward, as well as Ryder and Davey at best. Winderlich and Hurley are 40-50 goal forwards at best. We need JD/Gumby to develop into that

I'm happy having Davey, Winderlich, Crameri, Crameri, Hurley and Gumby all kicking close to 40. Lets not forget we have a lot of goals coming out of the midfield and even off half back with Dempsey.

Lets just say from ranked 7-52 for goals per game in the entire competition we have 8 players within that group.

Gumbleton, Crameri, TBC, A.Davey, Hurley, Howlett, Watson, Winderlich

That group is yet to entail Ryder and the Derp :cool:

Plus guys like Stants, Goddard, Merrett arent too far behind

Our forward line when up running is not going to be a problem, you dont win flag with a one dimensional forward line. It isnt whether the forward line is good enough its whether they can be fit at the same time in regards to (Crameri, Zaka, Hurls, Winders, Gumby, Ryder (Suspensions))

... The Derp .... LOL!!

Was my second ANZAC game. First was 09 and we all know how good that was. I think I might have to get to these games more often.

You really need to get yourself organised and either join Essendon football club or better still the AFL with Essendon support. You have a better chance of getting into the blockbuster games.

You really need to get yourself organised and either join Essendon football club or better still the AFL with Essendon support. You have a better chance of getting into the blockbuster games.

Home and away membership was the main reason for me moving across the country to Melbourne.

This year is well and truly covered.

Come to think of it, I've never been to an Essendon loss.

Was at the Freo's first ever final where we beat them at subi, was at the magical hird last quarter when we knocked off WCE at Etihad, was at the 09 Anzac game, the subi game last year where we beat freo again and this years games.

You could be on to something though. I might have to be at more games in the future.

Home and away membership was the main reason for me moving across the country to Melbourne.

This year is well and truly covered.

Come to think of it, I've never been to an Essendon loss.

Was at the Freo's first ever final where we beat them at subi, was at the magical hird last quarter when we knocked off WCE at Etihad, was at the 09 Anzac game, the subi game last year where we beat freo again and this years games.

You could be on to something though. I might have to be at more games in the future.
Or just go to all of them and ensure that we never lose again :)

Had us well beat today (but please, you were also gifted a couple by the umps), looking forward to our next match now
Haha, nah, both were there.

You guys were easily favoured by the umpiring overall, anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media is so Collingwood biased it is laughable! I mean they even get their own special team to call the games.. which isn't such a bad idea.. shame the other teams don't get a chance to hear their own panels of champions!

If it was a game decided by 12 you would understand the whinging.. but 46 points pretty much is a no brainer.. surely!

Also they don't show the ridiculous deliberate OOB that was payed in the first quarter or the stupid push that was paid against watson...

I don't think anyone would suggest that those two decisions were 'soft' at best... but 46 pts later...

Have to say, it's been a long time since i've seen the opposition continually go sideways and backwards during general play against us. Them structures are working nicely at the moment.

It was great getting up against the pies. I think we have now beat every team in the last couple of years.
Hawthorn are the only side we haven't beaten under Hird

I'm a bit late on this (been in the bush for the past week) but I've just gotta say, what I *in amazing performance. Well done boys. We are a force to be reckoned with!

Hird needs to keep the boys wanting more. They could easily get ahead of themselves, right now that would be the worst thing that could happen, plus injuries like last year when we were 9-1

Hird needs to keep the boys wanting more. They could easily get ahead of themselves, right now that would be the worst thing that could happen, plus injuries like last year when we were 9-1

Get Hirdy to tell the players that apparently the AFL are going to strip us 8 wins (32 points at the end of the year) and he has good word of it from AD (head boss). Then we win 21-22, the above is actually just a lie and we sit first on the table ready to take the pies in the first final of the year on a friday night and an ANZAC 2013 repeat happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back