Review Round 6, 2018: Casey Demons v Box Hill Hawks, 13 May 2018, 2.00pm @ Casey Fields

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks go back on the road for their fourth away game in five fixtures (remembering that the Hawks had a bye in round 4). Chris Newman's men will be keen to keep their winning streak alive, having won all four games so far this season to top the ladder by a game and with a considerable percentage (178.52%).

The Demons have won two and lost two in their first four games of the season, and will be coming into the game fresh from the bye. Last time the Demons played, they went down by 22 points to Geelong at home under lights, and they'll be keen to atone for their loss against the ladder leaders.

The last time these two teams played each other was in round 10, 2017 when the Hawks hosted the Demons at Box Hill City Oval. Unfortunately, the Demons led all afternoon and ran out 26 point winners over the Hawks. Vickery kicked four, while Stewart and Brolic each kicked two, while Chris Jones, Adduci and Willsmore had a goal each for the Hawks. For Casey, Weideman had a day out with six goals, Fritsch kicked three, Scott two, and single goals to Morris, Cox and Gent.

As per usual, 3WBC 94.1FM will provide live coverage of the game from 1pm. You can stream coverage over your device from 3WBC's website (www.3wbc.org.au) or using the TuneIn app.

Teams to follow later this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our first TV game is May 26th v North Melbourne at Avalon Airport Oval.

(Not the streamed game this week either :( )

Cheers Bumps,
I will try and watch that game on catch up tv. It's poor here on the Gold Coast for coverage.
I do listen to Box Hill games on the net when i can.
I've even had to stream from my phone the last 3 or 4 Hawthorn games. Friday nights all good though.

Thanks guys for all the Box Hill reports.

BOX HILL HAWKS 18.11 (119) d SANDRINGHAM 8.7 (55)

The Hawks lost the counts for contested possessions (by five), clearances (five) and inside-50s (six) to Sandringham, but didn’t need to control the stoppages to create good scoring opportunities. Box Hill kicked 18 goals from 41 inside-50s (44 per cent efficiency) while the Zebras could only manage eight majors from 47 entries (17 per cent).

This is from our last game, don't wanna let Casey have that many inside 50s because they'll dominate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back