Preview Round 6, 2024: North v Hawks, 4pm 21st April, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping this is the death of the Amon defensive experiment - not a moment too soon!

Paul Bearer Dance GIF by Jason Clarke

Hoping Ward keeps his spot.

Bench:
Mitchell, Serong, Ward, Gunston/Morrison

Sub:
Morrison/Gunston

I doubt that will happen though.
I'd like to see Ward go back to Box Hill and dominate the level for a few weeks.

In the long run I think it could help his confidence knowing that he's far too good for VFL level. Obviously short term confidence knocked by being dropped.

Thank f**k we've finally brought back Gunston. Morrison too. Some much needed experience sorely missed in the past few weeks.

Edit: extended bench i can now see, so let's see
Hope it pays off.

With the team announced I hope it goes:

Ins: Serong, Morrison
Out: Butler, Macdonald*

*On form I wouldn't be surprised to see any one of Macdonald, Nash, Mackenzie make way.

Want to see:
1) Maginess to go straight to Sheezel
2) Dimma to start forward with Serong taking his spot down back
3) Amon to actually play on the wing
4) make a statement early physically and dominate the tackle count
5) connect with our handballs
6) sort out the centre square clearances (sick of seeing us get turned around the other way)
7) have some fun out there

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the team announced I hope it goes:

Ins: Serong, Morrison
Out: Butler, Macdonald*

*On form I wouldn't be surprised to see any one of Macdonald, Nash, Mackenzie make way.

Want to see:
1) Maginess to go straight to Sheezel
2) Dimma to start forward with Serong taking his spot down back
3) Amon to actually play on the wing
4) make a statement early physically and dominate the tackle count
5) connect with our handballs
6) sort out the centre square clearances (sick of seeing us get turned around the other way)
7) have some fun out there
Have to say I love maginess role forward, stops runs, defends like a mad man and works so hard he finds space when we’re attacking.

His pack mark was a revelation, now he just needs to do it again.

I’d still love dimma to be a swingman, unsettles oppositions teams as well and will always do the job in defence - we need it when theirs runs against to.

Get used to it, the next 3 are at Sunday 4pm
It's one of the reasons us "oldies" aren't as enamored of the game as we used to be. Personally, I like my football on a Saturday afternoon. After Thursday nights, Friday nights, Saturday nights, by the time it gets to Sunday at 4pm, I really don't feel much like footy. As for this game, if we lose to North Melbourne, I'm not sure what I'll think.

Did we outsource match committee to Fox Footy this week?
Hawks socials very slow on the posting of teams this week .

It's one of the reasons us "oldies" aren't as enamored of the game as we used to be. Personally, I like my football on a Saturday afternoon. After Thursday nights, Friday nights, Saturday nights, by the time it gets to Sunday at 4pm, I really don't feel much like footy. As for this game, if we lose to North Melbourne, I'm not sure what I'll think.
Mate... get the biscuits and cheese...
Feet up in your favourite armchair....
Take the teeth out and enjoy a shandi watching Sunday arvo footy

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate... get the biscuits and cheese...
Feet up in your favourite armchair....
Take the teeth out and enjoy a shandi watching Sunday arvo footy

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Also, might want to turn the hearing aides down a bit. The D grade callers are abundant at this time slot.

Sicily has enough judiciary history that it's probably not wise to have him go over the edge. I'd get Hardwick to deliver some closer to the edge treatment - I have often seen Dimma absolutely go after players if they have had a late bump or unfair push on one of our players. Give him licence to get in the opposition player's face a bit. He's got the 15 for a reason.

Yeah good point

Not really - Channel 7 is bizarro land for commentary where clowns like Brayshaw and BT get the prime time games and genuine callers who, you know, actually call the game like Nicholson and Bennett get the less prestigious slots. It’s one of the few benefits of the twilight game on Sunday - guaranteed no Fox footy muppets and no BT or Brayshaw.
It is a Fox game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back