Prediction Round 6 to 9 Fixture Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

So say a player from a Vic club is positive, fly's in on the day of the game and plays WC on that day and then flys home. WC players then walk around the community.

If the Vic clubs are only coming into contact with each other during the 14 day quarantine they aren't going to be spreading anything into the community, so it's been deemed safe for them to play a game between themselves.

They can only play the WA teams after the 14 day quarantine period.
If this is the case,why not just come to Melbourne? Surely a lot simpler than making Melbourne clubs lock down for 14 days. At least you guys can roam free over here.

If this is the case,why not just come to Melbourne? Surely a lot simpler than making Melbourne clubs lock down for 14 days. At least you guys can roam free over here.

Wow, really? Simpler for who?

You realise they can roam free over here too (after 14 days)

We can roam so freely that as of the 18th July we will have 60000 people at the footy.

And it's the WA clubs that will have already done a month in a hub....but sure, make them travel to Melbourne to play in front of no one instead.

Lucky for us it seems the AFL enjoys money so they'll probably pick the crowds.

Confirmed- We will be the only club that hasn't played at home by the end of round 6.

Confimed- Gil the dill will somehow make us believe last week's game vs Port on the GC was actually Freos home game.

Predicted- Fremantle will have to pay a price next year to make up for Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon and Hawthorn having to travel this year.

Last edited:

For rounds 7 - 9 two Vic clubs go to each of Perth, Adelaide, Syd & Qld. All four team play each other once in front of crowds. To solve the issue of BL/GC and Ad/PA having already clashed, the remaining two Vic clubs play each other here in Rnd 7, then fly to SA & Qld in weeks 8 & 9.
Sorted.

I'm not sure everyone understands the real financials. Pretty sure Geelong is on record saying each lost home game due to Covid is 1 million dollars lost.
Which leaders within the AFL organisation can justify losing literally millions of dollars due to incorrect decisions and mistakes regarding Hubs? As of this coming weekend, in effect RIGHT NOW, clubs can be saving millions of dollars and staff livelihoods, whilst simultaneously gaining better control of player interactions and competition safety.
They claim an ability to learn and be nimble; Jack be nimble.

Last edited:
If they can get away with rd 4 and 5 without any fixture changes because of the VIC Covid spike, then:

Rd 6 transition round to different hubs while finishing off the first Gold Coast hub. Three hubs from round 7, no travel needed for any team for rds 7-10, no games in Victoria after round 6. Can move the QLD hub to NSW for fairness reasons

Round 6:

Adelaide v West Coast (QLD):

Fremantle vs Richmond (QLD):

Brisbane vs Gold Coast (QLD):

Port vs Sydney (SA):

St Kilda Vs GWS (VIC):

Melbourne vs Hawthorn (VIC):

Essendon vs Geelong (VIC):

North vs Collingwood (VIC):

Carlton vs Bulldogs (VIC):

Round 7:

West coast vs Fremantle (WA):

Collingwood v Hawthorn (WA):

Geelong v Bulldogs (WA):

Sydney v Brisbane (QLD):

Gold Coast v St Kilda (QLD):

GWS vs Richmond (QLD):

Adelaide vs Carlton (SA):

Essendon vs Melbourne (SA):

Port vs north (SA):

Round 8:

Brisbane vs st Kilda (QLD)

GWS vs Sydney (QLD)

Gold Coast vs Richmond (QLD)

West coast vs Geelong (WA)

Fremantle vs Collingwood (WA)

Hawthorn vs Bulldogs (WA)

Adelaide vs Essendon (SA)

Port vs Melbourne (SA)

Carlton vs North (SA)

Round 9:

Brisbane vs GWS (QLD)

Gold Coast vs Sydney (QLD)

Richmond vs St Kilda (QLD)

West Coast vs Bulldogs (WA)

Fremantle vs Hawthorn (WA)

Collingwood vs Geelong (WA)

Adelaide vs North (SA)

Port vs Carlton (SA)

Essendon vs Carlton (SA)

Round 10:

Gold Coast vs GWS (QLD)

Richmond vs Brisbane (QLD)

St Kilda vs Sydney (QLD)

West coast vs Hawthorn (WA)

Fremantle vs Geelong (WA)

Bulldogs vs Collingwood (WA)

Adelaide vs Melbourne (SA)

Port vs Essendon (SA)

Carlton vs North (SA)

Round 11:

Sydney vs Richmond (NSW)

GWS vs St Kilda (NSW)

West Coast vs Collingwood (WA)

Fremantle vs Bulldogs (WA)

Essendon vs North (SA)

Carlton Vs Brisbane (NT)

Melbourne Vs Gold Coast (NT)

Hawthorn vs Port (NT)

Geelong vs Adelaide (NT)

I actually didn't mind your prediction, but I doubt the AFL will allow us to play Saints twice in a 17 round competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weirdly they’ve just changed this, Hawks vs Suns is now 6:05pm Saturday. That was a very fast change 😂
And also made the 2 Queensland games a half hour earlier.
3 changes in an hour after 1 round is released gives great confidence that they will get the rest of the fixture right

Do we know when Round 7 will be announced? I thought they were being announced at the same time!
They apparently pulled round 7 minutes before release, it should now come out on the weekend. Travis Auld said they were just working out some issues about the WA Hub, I’d guess about the timing of when they can stage the matches between the WA teams and Collingwood/Geelong

They apparently pulled round 7 minutes before release, it should now come out on the weekend. Travis Auld said they were just working out some issues about the WA Hub, I’d guess about the timing of when they can stage the matches between the WA teams and Collingwood/Geelong
With the confirmation that we will have a Channel Seven match, it is doing my head in waiting for the Round 7 fixture to be released!!

How the * do we have to stay a week longer in the hub to play GWS when we could easily play them in Sydney with no restrictions? And to top it off it's classed as our home game which means we lose another one we can play back in Adelaide.

And the final kicker. Apparently we're playing in COVIDtoria on the way home in round 7.

fe15bb598a0de733bd46b7330c140f3d.jpg

With the confirmation that we will have a Channel Seven match, it is doing my head in waiting for the Round 7 fixture to be released!!
Will be a qclash I reckon. A good old pineapple grapple at the gabbatoir

Fremantle vs West Coast for Round 7 as a Fremantle home game. Will be interesting to see how that rabble down the road will play, after all it's their grand final!! /s

My understanding of how the WA hub will work is this:

Rd 7: Cats v Pies, Freo v WCE
Rd 8 and 9: Cats/Pies v Freo/WCE round robin
Rd 9: Two vic clubs in WA
Rd 10 and 11: Two Vic Clubs v Freo/WCE round robin
Rd 11: Two vic clubs in WA
Rd 12 and 13: Two (new) Vic Clubs v Freo/WCE round robin

So there will be three games in WA round 9 and maybe round 11 (if 3rd hub is needed).

This is because you can't play 3 derbys as much as we'd all like there to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back