Trades Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, was thinking that. Good to confirm I'm not that bias towards AFC players!

I took the punt on McAdam the week he debuted without knowing much about him and I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the bloke!
Great set of hands and seems to offer you guys a bit of much needed spark so JS should be pretty solid hey?

Ward back this week which is good but I really should be trading him out. Especially with Taranto potential returning this week.
Taranto in probably spells the end for Green and ends Cogs’ chances of being a top 10 mid.

Will just get Whit in this week with the Rowell cash.
Then next week hopefully get rid of Ward if I am allowed to.

Ward back this week which is good but I really should be trading him out. Especially with Taranto potential returning this week.
Taranto in probably spells the end for Green and ends Cogs’ chances of being a top 10 mid.

Cogs owners should be very worried... Those two will spend bulk time in the midfield you would think

Cogs owners should be very worried... Those two will spend bulk time in the midfield you would think
Yeah Cogs is cooked when Taranto is back, whether that’s this week or next. He can’t even kick goals this year. Only hope for him was the DPP but now he’s going to be more mediocre than Titch. Have to hold both though because of forced trades every week.

Is Taranto and Ward back also bad for Whitfield? Is there a chance he gets relegated back forward or back, once the core midfield group is back to full strength.

Rankine Update:

Izak Rankine:

Izak is continuing to build each week and was heavily involved in our forward half on the weekend. His defensive intent was very good and he is constantly putting opposition defenders under pressure. He was lively inside 50 with half a dozen score involvements and is one who is pressing to make his AFL debut.

Is Taranto and Ward back also bad for Whitfield? Is there a chance he gets relegated back forward or back, once the core midfield group is back to full strength.
Whit is an outside mid and he just roams around doing whatever he wants like JKelly. I don’t think he will be affected. It’s the inside mid players that are all going to compete with each other.

I think Macadam is far more likely to keep his spot long term but thats just me, Richmond are loaded with those small forward types.

Hmm. Interesting but will Aarts keep his spot given the injuries and form? At least for 4 weeks to make 100k or so?

Yeah Cogs is cooked when Taranto is back, whether that’s this week or next. He can’t even kick goals this year. Only hope for him was the DPP but now he’s going to be more mediocre than Titch. Have to hold both though because of forced trades every week.

Hmm do you think so? TT played every game last year and Cogs was ok?
Will make it interesting. Tom Green another in the mix this year that wasn't.

Dylan Stephens and Chad Warner to debut.

That's McInerney likely done. Tyler Brown also probably done. Rowell is done. That one bloke you selected in R1 that hasn't played since is still done. Brander is a week away with injury...if he can get back into the side - he's done. And your plans to move Budarick on...done.

We've been pretty blessed with the job security of the common rookies so far this season. The whips are cracking now!

How goods a bit of rookie carnage?

Last edited:
I took the punt on McAdam the week he debuted without knowing much about him and I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the bloke!
Great set of hands and seems to offer you guys a bit of much needed spark so JS should be pretty solid hey?
When we recruited him, I thought he was earmarked for the 3rd tall position (i.e. McGovern MKII). He's a bit older (best rookies are), has great goal sense, where his 2015 Combine testing results seems unreal:
  • Equaled the running vertical jump record (102cm) set by West Coast star Nic Naitanui;
  • First in the 20m sprint (2.89s); and
  • Second in the agility test (8.04s).
The only thing that was keeping him out last year (aside from AFC senior management issues), was his lack of fitness. He's improved quite in this area since joining. Adversely, he may get rested later due to being gassed out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's McInerney likely done. Tyler Brown also probably done. Rowell is done. That one bloke you selected in R1 that hasn't played since is still done. Brander is a week away with injury, if he can get back into the side - he's done. And your plans to move Budarick on...done.

We've been pretty blessed with the job security of the common rookies so far this season. The whips are cracking now!

I'm just glad I did a triple rook fixup last week.
Could be chaos coming and some may struggle to field a competitive 22 this weekend!

That's McInerney likely done. Tyler Brown also probably done. Rowell is done. That one bloke you selected in R1 that hasn't played since is still done. Brander is a week away with injury...if he can get back into the side - he's done. And your plans to move Budarick on...done.

Really hope Bennell plays.

Also Stephens and Warner are both inside mids yeah?
McInerney is playing a pure outside game so not sure if he is the one to be dropped?

McInerney is playing a pure outside game so not sure if he is the one to be dropped?
Stephens is outside. Warner is inside. Horse is mad.

Both to play forward and back pocket, respectively.

Last edited:

I've liked McInerney, seems to be always around the mark, just lacking the final important bit of actually getting his hands on the pill. Watched him closely on the weekend, lad looked cooked in third quarter onwards though, hopefully gets up, otherwise I could have all 4 rookie mids out (Green, Pickett??, Brown, McIn)

I've liked McInerney, seems to be always around the mark, just lacking the final important bit of actually getting his hands on the pill. Watched him closely on the weekend, lad looked cooked in third quarter onwards though, hopefully gets up, otherwise I could have all 4 rookie mids out (Green, Pickett??, Brown, McIn)

Pickett will surely suit up. In fact I'd be shocked if he didn't. Brown gets the chop before McInerney because even if they do rest McInerney this week he'll be back in a week or two. You're right, he did look a bit cooked but he busted his ass all game, just lacked a bit of polish which will come with more games.

Richmond could be a treasure trove for rooks and under riced players the next few weeks. Also, dusty, please do something this weekend.

Fingers crossed that Brander might play. Has to pass a fitness test
Eagles are floating with the idea of playing in forward not as their defensive winger, may restrict his scoring. Don't know how that would work with Kennedy, Darling, Waterman, Allen.

Think it will come down to Thursday selections before I make my trades again this week. Got too many question marks for who is in or out and what I will do.

Really only have Rowell as a forced out but who else I trade out depends on who plays

Will Hamill will get you 140k, should probably play in adelaide side
got him already, have Rivers, Young, Starc with Brander and Hamill on bench

Running basically all the defensive rooks since defense premos are shocking this year so there are points to be made getting other rooks off the field first.

May have to cash in another rook early like I did with Bennell and Pickett last week, just need that cash to get Rowell to Whit while he has bottomed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back