Trades Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidearse another one I'm closely looking at to fix the shittruck Rowe/Waterman F6 position, a decent score and I'll probably jump on
Another one? Has sidearse posted a good score this year? I must have missed it.

Odds Warner and Gulden go for a combined 145-150 vs GCS'?
Reckon they'd need around that to ensure getting Neale in in rd 7 if he looks OK. Tight

I don't have enough trades to fix my s**t show.

Dropped from just inside the top 5k to just inside the tip 10k in one poor round.

Jones in for somebody. Would like to trade half my side if i'm being honest.

I want Grundy in. Last week I was $100 short of getting him in with a downgrade upgrade, so I called the cash for this week.

And now I'm $800 short of going him and Jones with a downgrade upgrade. For *s sake.

So it's either skip Jones, go Macrae instead, wait and see the prognosis for Ridley/Houston/Cerra and sideways one instead. Any updates on that crew yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Target targets:

Lachie Jones
- Seems like he is a must have. I think his baseline scores will be 60+. What separates him from someone like Campbell scoring wise is he is good defensively and he gets a bunch of spoils + dash and run. And I think he has a 90-100 in him. But are we sure he even plays? Injured his ankle, came back on and injured it again and could barely run. Wait and see...they won't risk a 2 gamer.

Neale - Lots of people rushing him in but he has had 1 great game AND now he's going to cop a hard Curnow tag this week. Lions should smash the Blues but would we really be surprised if he drops another 80 score given he won't be able to run around by himself? BE around 100, I will wait at least one more week on him.

Oliver - Seems the go with no downsides but this week but I have Clark in the mids so it's not an easy downgrade like others have to Jones and upgrade from Phillips. I would need to prioritize getting Lachie Jones in for Murray or Highmore (RIP) or doing a premo upgrade from Phillips to Oliver and a rookie downgrade to baby Macrae instead.

Brayshaw - 482k for his scoring ability doesn't come around often. May not fit into my plans but will into others. It is tempting to sideways Cripps or Taranto to a guy who more of a lock to be a M7-M8 but that is very, very sideways. Will the tag threat continue?

Trade out potential:

Phillips -
is really weighing my side down. He has to go but is at an awkward price where he limits other trade plans. 54 from a mid pricer is unacceptable. I guess my trades will be centered around if Jones plays or not. Of course Jones is on a Sunday game.

Cripps - Looks a shell of himself. Might have to hold given other plans but watching him is infuriating. One half or quarter he will look elite (42 point 1st quarter on the weekend, 75 points half vs Richmond) then the next he looks like a massive spud and has no idea what to do with the ball.

Taranto - He's playing okay but CD hate him. I might have to hold as he's not losing money and producing okay scores compared to price point.

J.Clark - I think a lot will be getting rid of him but surely he plays this week? Geelong are old and slow. He still has $ to make and it would allow me to play him over a midfield rookie. Another wait on teams call. But upside to to keep if others get rid of him, he plays and scores a 70-80+.

Last edited:
Yeah McCreery looks alright, loves a tackle, will get games. Have Macrae the week after though, so unless you're planning 3/4 downgrades over the next couple weeks, might need to skip one
Going early on Macrae .....just looks a footballer in his brothers mould ....took a while to get the pace of the game, but when other Rookies have gassed it in the last Qtr ....Macrae played his best footy

Feel like I need to upgrade this week especially since I’m benching Ridley to hold overall but don’t have enough cash to get any of my ideal premos:

Clark > Jones (via Laird DPP)
Campbell > Brayshaw

Brayshaw the only premo I can afford so not sure if it’s worth waiting the extra week to pick up F.Macrae so then I can go up to Neale instead of Brayshaw.

Target targets:

Brayshaw
- 482k for his scoring ability doesn't come around often. May not fit into my plans but will into others. It is tempting to sideways Cripps or Taranto to a guy who more of a lock to be a M7-M8 but that is very, very sideways. Will the tag threat continue?

Why would anyone trade Cripps/Taranto > Brayshaw now? Such a pointless sideways trade. Even more pointless now then when people did Taranto/Cripps > Brayshaw in Rd3 and lost 70 points already since making that blunder. Brayshaw plays low TOG, has lower CBA's than the other 2 and clearly can't handle a tag at all which is unsurprising since he's fairly small and not particularly strong or fast. I'll give him better d/e than the other two. Cripps and Taranto will both average more than him.

Rds 3-5 (since oppo teams started paying attention to Brayshaw)
Cripps 109, 99, 83 = 291 (97 av)
Taranto 114, 67, 107 = 288 (96 av)
Brayshaw 66, 48, 117 = 321 (77 av)

Last edited:
Thinking of:

Warner ----> Jones (via Cox)
Berry -----> D.Martin (via scott)

too soon on Warner though? but he has served his purpose i guess.
Yes too soon on Warner .....didn't play badly, ball just alluded him .....he'd be the last SYD Rookie to cull IMO

Why would anyone trade Cripps/Taranto > Brayshaw now? Such a pointless sideways trade. Even more pointless now then when people did Taranto/Cripps > Brayshaw in Rd3 and lost 70 points since making that blunder. Brayshaw plays low TOG, has lower CBA's than the other 2 and clearly can't handle a tag at all which is unsurprising since he's fairly small and not particularly strong. I'll give him better d/e than the other two. Cripps and Taranto will both average more than him.

Rds 3-5 (since oppo teams started paying attention to Brayshaw)
Cripps 109, 99, 83 = 291 (97 av)
Taranto 114, 67, 107 = 288 (96 av)
Brayshaw 66, 48, 117 = 321 (77 av)

True. I am just saying I trust Brayshaw to be a better M7-M8 than Cripps or Taranto. Most teams don't play a tagger and when not tagged Brayshaw has gone 125, 132, 117.

So that's 3 scores better than anything Cripps or Taranto have produced already. I am not going to do it but Brayshaw will be a good trade in for others with different plans. I think Brayshaw goes 105-110. From what I've seen from both Cripps and Taranto it is very possible both don't average better than mid to high 90's which is disappointing. That is going to weigh down my side all year.

But you're right. Higher priorities first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back