Preview Round 6 vs Gold Coast Suns @ SCG, Sunday 21 April, 1.00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure our backline does need help.

It’s been holding the fort admirably. And whilst Jed Walter is going to be a Charlie Curnow style beast - he’s a first year player.

I’d rather see Errol freed up to do damage on the outside.

And we all know who could help there ……
Our defence is letting in too many goals. Probs due to us losing centre bounces but that's the way its going at the moment

Syndey are one of the worst teams at conceding scores off of turnover.
Does that mean we get a lot of goals scored against us on turn over or we don't get a lot of goals scored against us on turn over? The wording is confusing me, sorry

For those of us attending the game on Sunday - donate and get your Redkite rally towel

It was on Redkite day last year that I won the Qatar flights to anywhere in the world, another incentive to dig deep.

IF they think he's good to go, maybe an outside chance for the sub spot?

Could also come back through the 2's
I'm not sure Sheldrick is in Horse & co's best 22 plans at the moment. And that's not even accounting for the fact he hasn't had any match practice at all since early March, which is a fair while for a young player, so I suspect he'd need a few games in the VFL just to even be in the frame again.

Feels redundant even saying things like "we need (insert name) in the midfield" because realistically I don't think there's been a more talented and capable Swans midfield group than the one we've fielded in the first five games. It's not a personnel issue IMO.

I'm not sure Sheldrick is in Horse & co's best 22 plans at the moment. And that's not even accounting for the fact he hasn't had any match practice at all since early March, which is a fair while for a young player, so I suspect he'd need a few games in the VFL just to even be in the frame again.

Feels redundant even saying things like "we need (insert name) in the midfield" because realistically I don't think there's been a more talented and capable Swans midfield group than the one we've fielded in the first five games. It's not a personnel issue IMO.
And with Adams recently in, Parker and Mills to come there is no room.

Champion data agrees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as it pains me, I (reluctantly) agree.

And yet somehow AFL posts a rubbish article saying our mids are ranked 1 in the comp which is completely off

Individually they perform OK but theres no synergy as a group
To be fair that was based on ranking points or something. And obviously they all do well in that regard as they're attacking, goal-kicking mids.

So it really should've been an article on 'which midfield has the best players in it', not 'which midfield is best.'

It was interesting, I saw on Twitter a few days ago a few neutrals talking about our midfield. The one comment that stuck out to me was something like "they're okay but they're not physical, they just run around attacking." Thought it summed our mids up well.

I shudder of thinking about every centre bounce with Witts, Rowell, Anderson, Miller and ors.
Yeah, maybe I underestimate our own midfield a bit, but theirs going head to head with ours worries me. Rowell is an absolute beast and there's not much you can do to stop his influence. He can dish the ball out from anywhere.

This will be a very tough game.

I'm not expecting us to look great, but if we get the 4 points I'll be very happy.

Sometimes we come out a bit flat after a bye in the past but I’m sure we all agree the bye came at a good time
For the team reset both on the field and dare I say internally.

Will be interesting to see what transpires on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back