VFL Round 7 - Collingwood vs Williamstown at Olympic Park Oval (Pies WON, replay OP #PrayForFrankston)

Remove this Banner Ad

While 4.1 looks better aside from more hard tackling his play wasn't much different to the fourth quarter against Geelong the week before. It's difficult to know what the club is after though. Perhaps a few goals will give him some confidence to be up and about on the track this week?

Spent some time in the ruck late too.

... all of his goals came from one out marks 30m out directly in front...

Isn't that where he's usually struggled most?

#JeSuisFrankston

How did Aish not get listed in the best? I thought he played a blinder. Same goes with Witts. What a great day yesterday was. Great facilities down at Magpie land too. Was a bit bummed with less Vic Park games this year but not minding it at all now..

Who else thought Aish was BOG?

How did Aish not get listed in the best? I thought he played a blinder. Same goes with Witts. What a great day yesterday was. Great facilities down at Magpie land too. Was a bit bummed with less Vic Park games this year but not minding it at all now..

Aish and Witts played brilliant, Clokey was BOG though, Just did what he needed to do. Hope he gets another couple weeks of consistent VFL footy.

Yep Clokey was great. I've never seen him kick better in front of goal. Goodyear & Goldsack stood out as well. I just love the way Aish has responded. I thought he maybe didnt care but he is looking so determined in the 2s. Seemed to get a shitload of the ball and his tackling/pressure is next level. Marley was involved plenty too.

Aish and Witts played brilliant, Clokey was BOG though, Just did what he needed to do. Hope he gets another couple weeks of consistent VFL footy.

Certainly not me, sometimes I wonder if we're all at the same game. I understand the temptation of pumping up one of our prize recruits, but we need to be a little objective ( maybe honest) when we're posting for those who couldnt get to the game. Aish was good without being great, he came in and out of the game, did a few really good things but definitely far from bog!
Witts, Marsh, Goodyear and Goldsack we're all outstanding. Bog would be one of Marsh, Goodyear or Witts. Caff very good, Clokey very good, Aish good, Golds ok, Phillips ok, Sier ok, Wyatt ok, Williams a bit off the pace but ok (as you'd expect coming back from injury).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I was on 'Aish-watch' a bit ill admit. Loved his game agains the Cats last week. I dunno just thought he had a lot of important touches. Whoever does the Pies best, I really wonder about. Like someone gets a 30 touch game and doesnt even get in best but then club.. Or Witts for example
Be interesting to see the stats they become avail.

Certainly not me, sometimes I wonder if we're all at the same game. I understand the temptation of pumping up one of our prize recruits, but we need to be a little objective ( maybe honest) when we're posting for those who couldnt get to the game. Aish was good without being great, he came in and out of the game, did a few really good things but definitely far from bog!
Witts, Marsh, Goodyear and Goldsack we're all outstanding. Bog would be one of Marsh, Goodyear or Witts. Caff very good, Clokey very good, Aish good, Golds ok, Phillips ok, Sier ok, Wyatt ok, Williams a bit off the pace but ok (as you'd expect coming back from injury).

So he got 3 in 3 minutes and all of his goals came from one out marks 30m out directly in front...

Like to see him do more, you don't get that in AFL goals like that much.
LOL. He got them from contested marks and it's not translatable. If he got them on the lead it would have been due to a lack of pressure and extra space in the VFL and therefore not translatable. If he got them crumbing - not translatable. How were you hoping his goals came? Or were you hoping they came in a way that you could claim was was not translatable.

LOL. He got them from contested marks and it's not translatable. If he got them
on the lead it would have been due to a lack of pressure and extra space in the VFL and therefore not translatable. If he got them crumbing - not translatable. How were you hoping his goals came? Or were you hoping they came in a way that you could claim was was not translatable.

Outmarking Joe Bloggs who is 186cm, 68kg, played 12 VFL games, on the rookie list is no big accomplishment. He obviously just camped 30m out and waited for them to bomb it in, but he is not moving...

It would be terrible if Trav came back and just sat in the hole, it would ruin our forward line.

Outmarking Joe Bloggs who is 186cm, 68kg, played 12 VFL games, on the rookie list is no big accomplishment. He obviously just camped 30m out and waited for them to bomb it in, but he is not moving...

It would be terrible if Trav came back and just sat in the hole, it would ruin our forward line.

I'm not suggesting that Cloke should automatically come in on the basis of beign in the right spot and winning 4 one on one contests, but it's beyond me how you can conclude that it is somehow evidence that he should not come back in and somehow proves that he didn't move around.

You asked if his goals were 'cheap'. When shown that they weren't, you have still concluded that they were not good enough goals. I think you've got an agenda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back