VFL Round 7 - Collingwood vs Williamstown at Olympic Park Oval (Pies WON, replay OP #PrayForFrankston)

Remove this Banner Ad

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
When and Where:
4:50pm this Saturday at our training base.

Broadcast:
Video - Streamed live via collingwoodfc.com.au and through the Collingwood FC smartphone app for iPhone and Android from 4:40pm.

Radio - Streamed live on Collingwood Radio via collingwoodfc.com.au (at this portal) and through the Collingwood FC smartphone app for iPhone and Android from 4:40pm. Data usage and charges apply, including for Telstra customers.

Internet - LiveChat at collingwoodfc.com.au, score updates at Nick's Bulletin Board and on Twitter at @VFLPies.

Replay:
First Quarter
Second Quarter
Third Quarter
Fourth Quarter

Team:
B: Golds, Marsh, R Pendlebury
HB: Goodyear, Hore, Williams
C: Phillips, Wills, Hellier
HF: Goldsack, Close, MacAffer
F: Wyatt, Cloke, Ferguson
R: Witts, Sier, Aish
I: Viola, M Smith, Lane, Moloney, L Howe, Borthwick, Gray, Kelly, Hinkley*

Where They Sit:
Collingwood: 9th (3 wins, 3 losses, 0 byes, 73.09%)
Williamstown: 2nd (5 wins, 1 loss, 0 byes, 177.81%)

Last Time They Met:
Round 16, 2015 at the Williamstown Cricket Ground
Williamstown 14.13.97, def
Collingwood 9.11.65

Head to Head:
Played: 15
Collingwood: 1
Williamstown: 14

How They Fared Last Week:
Geelong 6.8.44, def by
Collingwood 8.16.64

Williamstown 25.22.172, def
Northern Blues 3.11.29

Note:
- This game (which was originally set down for a 5:15pm start) will form the second act of a double header on Saturday afternoon. The AFL will finish at approximately 4:25pm, which will give Pies fans about 25 minutes to cross over to Olympic Park/Holden Centre before the first bounce in the VFL match at 4:50pm.

Trivia:
- Collingwood have not beaten Williamstown since the 2nd Semi Final of 2009. Or if you prefer, in 6 years, 8 months and 10 days by the time of the opening bounce...

- Following on from that, Collingwood's average losing margin against Williamstown over the 8 games since 2009 is 30.1 points.

- Should he take his place in the Collingwood side on Saturday, captain Jack Hellier will equal his predecessor Kris Pendlebury's games record of 69 matches as a VFL-listed Magpie. Congratulations, skip. Hellier is due to break Pendlebury's record in Round 9 against Werribee.

Over to you...

Last edited:
Another VFL game following the seniors at the MCG? Call me old fashioned, but I'm struggling with these.

Anyway, I'd better get used to it, as the times, they are a changin'. We have an American up forward kicking goals and Jesse White playing well. What's next?

Last edited:
Another VFL game following the seniors playing at the MCG? Call me old fashioned, but I'm struggling with these.

Anyway, I'd better get used to it, as the times, they are a changin'. We have an American up forward kicking goals and Jesse White playing well. What's next?

I don't like them either. I'd much rather this one be played the day after at Vic Park, but I suspect I'm in the minority.

I do like it that it will be played after the seniors have played, though. It means no mucking around with emergencies and denying them time on the field when a change doesn't need to be made (see Aish traveling to Subiaco a couple of weeks back). Now, that can't always be the case obviously, but we've caught a break this week. Just whether or not we have a semi-healthy list by this time Saturday is anyone's guess. Quite possible that we'll see a repeat of the shambles that cost us against Casey and Sandringham recently...:$

I'd expect Marley to play close enough to a full game. Next week the VFL team has a bye, so there's simply nothing to be gained by playing him in the VFL for a half this week, resting him the week after, then playing him for three quarters in the VFL the week after that. That, and we need him against the Dogs (need him against Geelong, really, but you play the hand that's dealt you).

I dread what Williamstown will do to us. They tore a prospective top 4 team in Werribee asunder and turned the Blues into mincemeat (granted the Blues are trash, but we couldn't put them away). Poor James Aish and Travis Cloke picked the wrong time to try get a kick in the twos...:eek::oops:

Hope Marley and Goldsack get through unscathed on return.

When and Where:
4:50pm this Saturday at our training base.

Where They Sit:
Collingwood: 9th (3 wins, 3 losses, 0 byes, 73.09%)
Williamstown: 2nd (5 wins, 1 loss, 0 byes, 177.81%)

Last Time They Met:

Over to you...

Scary percentage for Williamstown :eek:

Another VFL game following the seniors at the MCG? Call me old fashioned, but I'm struggling with these.

"Old fashioned" and Bob Dylan in the same post....kudos for that :thumbsu:

The danger, which we seen with the first one, is that even for an Olympic Park game the atmosphere is quite flat should the seniors lose. There's also the smaller issue of fighting against the crowd to get to the ground if you happen to sit on the opposite side of the MCG (Olympic or MCC stands) for the main gig.

a radical idea might be to play the VFL as a curtain raiser to the AFL at the G.

Either that, or play it at Vic Park starting @ 11.00-11.30am so people can still get to the G once the VFL is finished.

Well, Grundy took a pack mark last week, so look out for swarms of locusts next, I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can only go IF I can get a Lift home as I won't stay to end as Trains on Frankston line are too far apart.

Though good chance we will get Destroyed by a Very Very Very Good Williamstown side

I hate these double headers. VFL starts too late

The danger, which we seen with the first one, is that even for an Olympic Park game the atmosphere is quite flat should the seniors lose. There's also the smaller issue of fighting against the crowd to get to the ground if you happen to sit on the opposite side of the MCG (Olympic or MCC stands) for the main gig.

And very good chance the Seniors will have a heavy loss before vs Geelong

a radical idea might be to play the VFL as a curtain raiser to the AFL at the G.

Either that, or play it at Vic Park starting @ 11.00-11.30am so people can still get to the G once the VFL is finished.

I 100% Agree. Playing VFL before the AFL is way better Idea

Hi guys, FYI, we'll be live streaming the match on our website again this week (as well as the radio call). More details to come.

#gopies

Added.

Cheers Luke.

Hi guys, FYI, we'll be live streaming the match on our website again this week (as well as the radio call). More details to come.

#gopies

How much memory will Live Stream take up?

Team is out...

B 41. T Golds 17. J Marsh 55. R Pendlebury
HB 27. M Goodyear 70. M Hore 26. M Williams
C 21. T Phillips 33. R Wills 53. J Hellier
HF 6. T Goldsack 57. A Close 3. B MacAffer
F 47. D Wyatt 32. T Cloke 62. L Ferguson
R 15. J Witts 35. B Sier 14. J Aish
Int 74. J Viola 67. M Smith 77. C Lane 58. B Moloney 65. L Howe 63. G Borthwick 61. N Gray 60. J Kelly
23P 66. D Hinkley

Williams, Goldsack, Wills and Phillips all back, along with Ferguson from the VFL list. All very good returnees.

No Nathan Brown again. And still no Corey Gault...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back