VFL Round 7 - Collingwood vs Williamstown at Olympic Park Oval (Pies WON, replay OP #PrayForFrankston)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cloke is our best forward. We will be more likely to win when he plays. We need him back ASAP and in form.

Moore's development wont be hurt by some VFL time. Especially for young KPFs I think it can help. Less pressure, can learn to dominate and control a game at a lower level. Valuable lessons for his future.
Interesting points.
Whilst I have been staunch Cloke, I have to admit this kick in the pants should do him the world of good.
More than happy for him to return (pun intended) but just can't let go of Moore, he just seems right in our side.
Who goes out,I leave that for greater minds.
Will be interesting how we go at selection

What I seen this Year. Cloke in does not = Better Chance of Winning. We looked Fantastic without Cloke.

I say White is more the Postion he would take as Cloke would also go in the Ruck
No obvious person for Cloke to replace unless Cox or Moore get injured. White can play upfield on the wing or half back which Cloke can't do and I don't think Cloke will be rucking if he gets back into the senior side, as that didn't work before he got dropped. Crocker is also a different type of player to Cloke, as he (Crocker) complements the talls.

What I seen this Year. Cloke in does not = Better Chance of Winning. We looked Fantastic without Cloke.

I say White is more the Postion he would take as Cloke would also go in the Ruck
The ruck is irrelevant, as Cox is doing the relief ruck work, not White.

To be honest, if prefer to see White out over Moore if Cloke were to return, purely because Moore seems to get to, and impact more contests in the forward line, despite his low disposal numbers.

As good as White was in the first quarter, he went missing for large chunks of the game on Saturday. He did do some good things though, and our forward line seems to be functioning reasonably well, so I doubt Cloke will come in to consideration this week.

I have serious doubts that Moore would be dropped anyway unless he has a really bad game. He's progressing really well in the seniors, and seems to be the type to elevate his game with better players around him. The club won't sacrifice his development to keep a guy like White, who has a fairly low ceiling, in the side.

We looked great on Saturday because our midfield smashed theirs. Once that happens life on the forward line becomes infinitely more attractive.

When Cloke was in the side first 4 rounds our mids were terrible, delivery to our forwards was haphazard and opposing backlines were given great latitude to apply pressure. Cox and Moore are getting a little bit of the ball and kicking a few goals but don't threaten anywhere near what Cloke can. Going forward we need Cloke back

We looked great on Saturday because our midfield smashed theirs. Once that happens life on the forward line becomes infinitely more attractive.

When Cloke was in the side first 4 rounds our mids were terrible, delivery to our forwards was haphazard and opposing backlines were given great latitude to apply pressure. Cox and Moore are getting a little bit of the ball and kicking a few goals but don't threaten anywhere near what Cloke can. Going forward we need Cloke back

I don't think Cloke Been Threatening like he did in his Prime for at least 1 and Qtr Seasons

The Pies need to smarten up how they present their product, this so called media set up and no decent replay ( based on people's opinions ) and no stats from the game yet???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Stats from the game have to be submitted and approved I believe, so the hold up may not be our fault.

Also, we are one of the only clubs to live stream so hiccups are expected in a new venture.

The Pies need to smarten up how they present their product, this so called media set up and no decent replay ( based on people's opinions ) and no stats from the game yet???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well it is Sunday and I doubt anyone from the Media would be at the Holden Center today

I'd play more week in week out unless the wheels fall off. He has a big future and even when he doesn't get a lot of it he does all the right things. he is body development and experience from dominating games. Cloke on for Greenwood or a similar mid sized plodder would be my preference. 3 tall forwards - Cloke, Moore and Cox would be our ideal set up.

Outmarking Joe Bloggs who is 186cm, 68kg, played 12 VFL games, on the rookie list is no big accomplishment. He obviously just camped 30m out and waited for them to bomb it in, but he is not moving...

It would be terrible if Trav came back and just sat in the hole, it would ruin our forward line.
Did you actually watch the game?

We're going into our first bye inside the 8...:)

VFLLadderRound7.jpg

In fact you could say that we're within spitting distance of the top 4, with only a touch under 46% between us and 4th spot...:drunk:

But, after the catastrophic systems failures we suffered early in the season, I'll happily take a 4-3 record at this stage of the year any day.

Only one game in the whole comp next week (Essendon and Richmond), so if the Tiges can knock off the Dons, we'll go into our next game vs Werribee still inside the 8 and a game clear of our nearest competitors...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bx0Wu9G.png

cMLuIQV.png

Goldsack had one of the best 6 possessions games you'll ever see.

Not kidding either, we lose that game without him.

A couple of pages back someone had him BOG, was it you?
Can't remember if I had him best on ground but he was definitely the difference in the end so I had him up there.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using Tapatalk

Can't remember if I had him best on ground but he was definitely the difference in the end so I had him up there.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using Tapatalk

I miss his intensity in the senior team - don't miss his ball handling. It'll be interesting to see whether he can make it back into the seniors as a regular. I only like him as a defender. The way I see we're likely to have 5 spots for non KPP defenders and the competition is high. If Howe keeps his form up, we've got he and Williams as definites, then I think we will continue to play a mid like Adams down there. Which leaves Toovey, Maynard, Langdon, Sinclair, Oxley and Goldsack competing for the last 2 positions.

Goodyear had very good stats, did appear that good on the ground?
Yeah was very good, does a lot of work that probably goes unrecognised. His contested game is elite. Worked hard in defense-6 rebound 50s, 7 tackles, but also starting to hit the scoreboard. Second or third week he's led our possession count, a lot to get excited about him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back