VFL Round 7 - Collingwood vs Williamstown at Olympic Park Oval (Pies WON, replay OP #PrayForFrankston)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great day for the Pies! I'll have to be interstate more often, missed both games.
Bigfooty starting a collection to transport VP interstate next Sunday.
You will have a nice time, we will now win,
Everyone wins!

;)

Silly question?
But isn't it sensible to play the reserves after the seniors?
Just thought, you can have emergencies at the ready, then if surplus to senior needs, they can pop around to the magoos

Silly question?
But isn't it sensible to play the reserves after the seniors?
Just thought, you can have emergencies at the ready, then if surplus to senior needs, they can pop around to the magoos

That's probably what the club prefers.

Good to hear Cloke kicked a bag. Generally plays well against the Dogs. Anyone who was there, did he warrant a call up?
No, I don't think so.
I'm actually enjoying the seniors without him.

Good to hear Cloke kicked a bag. Generally plays well against the Dogs. Anyone who was there, did he warrant a call up?
Right on the edge, on form I'd play him, but the question remains "where does he fit in?".

The Dogs are a fast team, so don't want to go in too tall, and can't see a forward line of Cox, White, Moore and Cloke being able to hold that ball in.

No VFL game next week due to the bye (state game) makes it interesting also.

Siren.

Full Time.

Collingwood 13.8.86
Williamstown 12.9.81

GOALS - Cloke 4, Goodyear 2, Moloney 2, Wyatt, Macaffer, Sier, Gray, Witts

Collingwood have beaten Williamstown for the first time since the 2nd Semi Final of 2009 (6 years, 8 months and 10 days ago), and for the first time ever in a home and away match.

OVER TO YOU!!!
Or Round 7 1896 (20 June at Williamstown CG) if you count the pre-break away era. Our record over Williamstown from that era is 7-0, one of which was our first ever H&A win nearly bang on 124 years ago (R5, 28 May 1892).

I don't know who you'd drop for him.

Or Round 7 1896 (20 June at Williamstown CG) if you count the pre-break away era. Our record over Williamstown from that era is 7-0, one of which was our first ever H&A win nearly bang on 124 years ago (R5, 28 May 1892).

Now you're just being a nerd...:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I thought it was Bucks' fault, not mine.:'(

Sheesh VP, this board quickly descends to superstitious buffoonery.

Serious matter: may this thread regain its 'Frankston' reference please? It is a proud, hard-boiled city, home to statesmen like Geoff Shaw and the Harvard feeder school Frankston Primary (my alma mater). doodles98, sirlothie, and TradeDraft lobbied me to advocate.

Edit: haha - top title, cheers Vicky Park!

Last edited:
Sheesh VP, this board quickly descends to superstitious buffoonery.

Serious matter: may this thread regain its 'Frankston' reference please? It is a proud, hard-boiled city, home to statesmen like Geoff Shaw and the Harvard feeder school Frankston Primary (my alma mater). doodles98, sirlothie, and TradeDraft lobbied me to advocate.

The good, hard working people lining up at Centrelink demand it.

What's our usual mo with senior players, after 3quarters in the vfl, are they straight back in the afl or do they have to play a full senior game.

Depends on the player.

From memory, the last time Marley played VFL was a couple of days after his court day in 2014. Played 3 quarters that day, was back in the seniors the following week. Of course, he wasn't coming off a foot injury that day, though...

The VFL bye next week complicates things a little, but I think he's considered that important to the senior lineup that they may just bring him in off a 3 quarter so-so performance. Just whether or not he "deserves" it, well, you be the judge when they put the replay up...

While 4.1 looks better aside from more hard tackling his play wasn't much different to the fourth quarter against Geelong the week before. It's difficult to know what the club is after though. Perhaps a few goals will give him some confidence to be up and about on the track this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back