Round 7 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I've settled (for now anyway) on:

Long to McPherson (I like Day as well but think they have similar prospects so will go the cheaper option)
Pittonet to Gawn (shoulda started with Max but better late than never hey?)

Leaves me with plenty of $$ to go one up one down the week after getting the best available rookie and Bailey Smith.

Please rate.
Zorko vs cogs vs menagola vs Smith.
I'm going one up one down this week.

Boat starting to sail on menagola.
He likes to beat up the sh1t teams.

Baz smith DPP handy.
Duncan a option in 2 weeks time.

Duncan over menagola.

Unsure how to rate..cogs v zorko.
Both been up and down.

Baz smith DPP handy.

Duncan over menagola.

Both been up and down.
Duncan is an absolute lock at 470k for me
Hoping it stays a relative pod
Like him over danger tbh
Less said the better
Smart people will figure it out but yeah good call

Baz smith DPP handy.

Duncan over menagola.

Both been up and down.
Similar to my thinking.
Menagola seems to be getting tellys mid minutes from last year. Has scored well in previous seasons.
Smith I plan on getting next week anyway.
Zorko has been a top 10 mid before. Only one of the bunch who has. Susceptible to a tag. I think neale gets tagged first these days.
Cogs will have a game each year he scores less than 10 points dropping his average. He also has 180 plus games. Has never averaged 110.
Picking a mid for 500k is hard. They are never perfect.
Thanks for the reply.

Similar to my thinking.
Menagola seems to be getting tellys mid minutes from last year. Has scored well in previous seasons.
Smith I plan on getting next week anyway.
Zorko has been a top 10 mid before. Only one of the bunch who has. Susceptible to a tag. I think neale gets tagged first these days.
Cogs will have a game each year he scores less than 10 points dropping his average. He also has 180 plus games. Has never averaged 110.
Picking a mid for 500k is hard. They are never perfect.
Thanks for the reply.

I already got Baz smith.

Will grab one of the cheaper mids next week.

Duncan.
Shuey.
Zorko.
Types...etc etc.

View attachment 912344
5ab5a00c9f90ae7e4383d76419b848eb.jpg

Here you go. Appreciate the feedback.

If Fyfe out this week, might pull the trigger on trading him and pick him up on the cheap in a few weeks.

Could look at doing Fyfe to Treloar, Taylor to Rankine and pocket a healthy 200k for next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You're gaining a bit more cash but you're losing a Top3 mid and replacing him with a Top20mid in Telly as well as passing on a 2nd much needed cash cow and bench cover.

The clever (and boring) moves are to downgrade Tyler Brown > Simpson and sideways one of your many bench doughnuts say Barry O'Connor > Rankine.

You would then have 137k in the bank to turn Taylor > Bailey Smith next week whilst still holding your Mid asset in Fyfe, as well as 2 new revenue streams in Simpson and Rankine that are there to help with cash gen to complete your starting team. Maybe even upgrade Pitto > Gawn in a 2-3 weeks time. With your second trade in Rd8, I would suggest Gould > a playing def rookie for some much needed Def bench cover and another cash gen stream.

Last edited:
You're gaining a bit more cash but you're losing a Top3 mid and replacing him with a Top20mid in Telly as well as passing on a 2nd much needed cash cow and bench cover.

The clever (and boring) moves are to downgrade Tyler Brown > Simpson and sideways one of your many bench doughnuts say Barry O'Connor > Rankine.

You would then have 137k in the bank to turn Taylor > Bailey Smith next week whilst still holding your Mid asset in Fyfe, as well as 2 new revenue streams in Simpson and Rankine that are there to help with cash gen to complete your starting team. Maybe even upgrade Pitto > Gawn in a 2-3 weeks time. With your second trade in Rd8, I would suggest Gould > a playing def rookie for some much needed Def bench cover and another cash gen stream.

Thanks mate. Really appreciate the breakdown! Makes sense to rectify my bench-cover issue in a week like this week. I guess it'll depend on team selection on who goes first. Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno man. I have Big Bad Baz O'Connor in my team and he's become a bit of a cult hero. No idea what he looks like of course, but his DPP has meant that he's been swinging positions in my team so much that he's forgotten where his car keys are.

Having said that, I ditched Tyler Brown & Brander last week , so have no idea who I'm culling for 2 rookies this week out of: Taylor, Starc, Buda, McInerney, Noble, Rivers, Pickett, King, Etc...

I dunno man. I have Big Bad Baz O'Connor in my team and he's become a bit of a cult hero. No idea what he looks like of course, but his DPP has meant that he's been swinging positions in my team so much that he's forgotten where his car keys are.

Having said that, I ditched Tyler Brown & Brander last week , so have no idea who I'm culling for 2 rookies this week out of: Taylor, Starc, Buda, McInerney, Noble, Rivers, Pickett, King, Etc...

The poster I was replying to doesn't have another def/fwd swing so O'connor is F8 only

Out of those guys I'd be inclined to move on Noble or Starce this week. Probably Noble if he's not selected again.

OK I've settled (for now anyway) on:

Long to McPherson (I like Day as well but think they have similar prospects so will go the cheaper option)
Pittonet to Gawn (shoulda started with Max but better late than never hey?)

Leaves me with plenty of $$ to go one up one down the week after getting the best available rookie and Bailey Smith.

Fatal Damage Done

Bullet Bitten this week.

So its RIP Gawn

Cant do McPherson though.
Too many Crows in def. 2 is bad enough with Lard and Doodoo

Any discussion about going sideways and cutting dead rookies like Deven Robertson? Is he still on Brisbane's list? lol
I've got the same dilemma with Gould. I guess it depends on how many dead rookies you have. As this is SC you can be sure they get selected the week after you trade them out.

I've got the same dilemma with Gould. I guess it depends on how many dead rookies you have. As this is SC you can be sure they get selected the week after you trade them out.

I have Gould too, and Rivers, and Bailey Williams, plus Robertson, Cameron, and an injured Sturt. And I forgot Brander...who I think has slid down the order at the Eagles.

It feels like Gould is close, but I'm not seeing Robertson's name even coming up in the "In the Mix" articles.

Shorter turnarounds between games might see more of these guys get games, but this is the week to move on rookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back