VFL Round 7 v Western Bulldogs Punt Road Oval Sunday May 12th 2.05pm - LIVE ON 7

Remove this Banner Ad

BacksJacob Bauer43Tom Brindley61James Trezise36
Half-BacksKaleb Smith49Lachlan Street55Chad Harris54
CentreAustin Johnson51Joel Garner53Kamdyn McIntosh33
Half-ForwardsMatthew Coulthard26Steely Green48Sam Davidson73
ForwardsSamson Ryan32Cam Olden58Jacob Koschitzke20
FollowersSam Naismith24Lachlan Wilson82Kane McAuliffe28
InterchangeNicholas Collier81Tom McCarthy76Archie May71
Nick Guiney62Jed Feneley64
EMGLiam George67Luke Haddara80Harrison White56
In: Sam Naismith, Kamdyn McIntosh, Jacob Bauer

Out:
Mutaz El Nour, Noah Cumberland, Liam George (omitted)

This week is a big game for the VFL program as they take on the top of the table Western Bulldogs in a big Mothers Day clash at Punt Road Oval. The Tigers side who has had limited access to AFL listed players as we've battled an injury crisis will be boosted by the returns of Jacob Bauer from injury, while Sam Naismith & Kamdyn McIntosh both come into the side after being omitted from the AFL side this week. It will be the first time in weeks that there have been 10 AFL listed players selected in the VFL side. The Dogs on the other hand will have 15 AFL listed players running around including last years R1 pick in Ryley Sanders. Unfortunately the Tigers have been dealt a blow with highly regarded defender Mutaz El Nour suffering an injury which will see him miss an extended period.

The Tigers have been playing some pretty good footy this year despite being undermanned when it comes to AFL listed players, with their only loss being against last years runners up in Werribee. This game should be a very good game, with the Tigers looking to secure their spot in the top 8 as we head into the guts of the VFL season. There are a few Tigers to keep an eye on, with young ruck/forward Samson Ryan knocking on the door of a senior return, while young guns in McAuliffe Coulthard Green Trezise & Smith will also be keen to push for senior selection. I'm really looking forward to seeing Sanders & McAuliffe go head to head in what should be the first of many encounters the pair will have at senior level.

As much as I'd like to tip the Tigers here, I just think the Dogs will be too strong with their AFL listed players and should get the win by about 3-4 goals.

Great to see Bauer is finally back. Limited minutes tomorrow, eeze him back in .
Just hope he gets through the game unscathed and builds some fitness to challenge for a spot in 3 or 4 weeks
Trezise was the steadying ship last week when he came on and i think he was stiff not getting a game in the Seniors. I hope he tears it up and starts to make a statement he's best 23. Bauer will probably get similar minutes.

Trezise was the steadying ship last week when he came on and i think he was stiff not getting a game in the Seniors. I hope he tears it up and starts to make a statement he's best 23. Bauer will probably get similar minutes.
Maybe they want to get another game or 2 into him TI.
I’m a huge Tresize fan too, love his one on one stuff in the back Half. Think he could be the guy that gets the oppositions most dangerous small/ medium forward

Maybe they want to get another game or 2 into him TI.
I’m a huge Tresize fan too, love his one on one stuff in the back Half. Think he could be the guy that gets the oppositions most dangerous small/ medium forward
Yeah i fell in love with him pretty early on bc he's rarely beating one on one at ground level or in the air. He doesn't take any nonsense from his opponent no matter how good the bloke is, he makes him earn every possession. He is my old fashioned footballer who goes out and does his job every week and some will say he's had a quiet day, but they miss his opponent had a quieter one. I'm more hoping he can fulfill the Wing duties as he's so fit, strong, doesn't fall over and good both in the air and at ground level. Smith wouldn't be a bad option getting the small forward as opening apprenticeship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i fell in love with him pretty early on bc he's rarely beating one on one at ground level or in the air. He doesn't take any nonsense from his opponent no matter how good the bloke is, he makes him earn every possession. He is my old fashioned footballer who goes out and does his job every week and some will say he's had a quiet day, but they miss his opponent had a quieter one. I'm more hoping he can fulfill the Wing duties as he's so fit, strong, doesn't fall over and good both in the air and at ground level. Smith wouldn't be a bad option getting the small forward as opening apprenticeship.
Rarely does he go to ground in a contest. Has a huge vertical leap and great sideways movement. Certainly has the tools to play contested style AFL football. Kicking is prob his main weakness, but it’s not horrendous by any means.

Smith excellent contested player too

Can see both these lads in the side by season’s end

Good luck to the boys tomorrow. No injuries please. Fascinating watching how Morro has this team playing strong competitive footy week in week out.

Whoever is the sub tonight should play at least a half in tomorrow’s game

Awesome it's a Ch 7 game too as i can watch it on the big screen rather the 24" LCD on the PC. lol
WTF don't you have a smart tv ffs? Are you still in the dark ages? I watch on tv no ads why watch crap c7. Last night nearly turned it off not because we were crap but because the ads were nonstop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back