Preview Round 8, 2024 : Bulldogs v Hawks, 4pm 5th May, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chol has been far from our biggest issue this year, the supporters booing him this past weekend were ridiculous.
For me it’s not that he’s our biggest issue is that he can be the biggest difference if he plays to his strengths, ie use his speed and leap! To me he’s playing like he thinks he’s Tony Lockett and can just body his open out!

Yes, I’d imagine the club will have some better access to the footage.

There will be behind the goal footage at the very least.
I was sitting right in front of it. It's was a shove to the chest (is chest now classified high?) and the Swans player flopped. Dumb move on Chol's part, but if the umpire was awake to acting probably shouldn't have been a reversal, and there is no way that should be a week.

We are not contesting the Chol ban...
it was interesting and annoying to see Scott dob us in at 360 by saying AFL really don't like that kind of action and one of his players missed a game early in the season with a very similar act. Basically referring to evidence of precedence there and then. Mitch did not look happy and gave him the stink eye! lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's insane the number of people who want Nash out.

a) Bontempelli is his b!tch
b) Third in the crimmins just a few months ago
c) was equal best on two games ago.

They decided they didn't like him 3 years ago, and have no ability to learn any different.

When Nash is firing Hawthorn is firing.

View attachment 1975022

I doubt there are many better correlations between a players input and the margin.
There’s two ways of looking at this data.

I’m not sure which is the right way.

Personally I think Nash’s tackling has been really good this year but his ball use especially has really dropped off. He was a lot better setting up players last year.

I actually think the opposite would be true.
I'm not really in favour for Ward replacing Nash, but I think giving Ward a game in the guts would be a great way to instill confidence in the kid- it's what he was recruited to be and I think we'd see a resurgence in his form if we did.
His breakout games in his first year were through the guts, I'd love to see it again.
It will be good to see Ward back in the middle but I personally feel he needs to demand that spot with his performances at VFL level rather than it being gifted to him.

There’s a spot in the middle if he wants it. He just needs to give the club no choice but to pick him.

Can we fit all of Hustwaite, Ward, D'Ambrosio, Lewis and Phillips in? Maybe JOS too?

OUT:
Gunston
Nash
MacDonald
Serong
Maginess
Ramsden

IN:
D'Ambrosio
Ward
Phillips
Hustwaite
Lewis
JOS

Impey - Frost - Mitchell
Sicily - Phillips - Scrimshaw

Meek - Mackenzie - Newcombe
Amon - Worpel - D'Ambrosio

Moore - Lewis - Weddle
Ginnivan - Chol - Hardwick

Bench:
Ward - Hustwaite - Day - JOS

Sub:
Morrison
Savage

Gee, I cannot believe that. Calsher must be a chance now.

Milwaukee Bucks Basketball GIF by Wisconsin Sportscenter

If Lewis isn't fit why the hell aren't we contesting the Chol suspension?

Why aren't we contesting it regardless? Not much in it.

I think I've decided to watch less of our games live for my mental health. And for my family. I wasn't horrible on Sunday but I'm hindsight I was extra snappy at my 4 year old when he hadn't done a lot wrong.

My Mum and Nan are heading down to the game this weekend, so I just hope the effort is there and it doesn't become a wasted trip for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back