Preview Round 8, 2024 : Bulldogs v Hawks, 4pm 5th May, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really buoyed for this match. I think we can win, we just need to curb the influence of a few players,
Marcus Bontempelli, Lachlan Bramble, Bailey Dale, Caleb Daniel, Sam Darcy, Taylor Duryea, Tim English, Harvey Gallagher, Riley Garcia, James Harmes, Jason Johannisen, Liam Jones, Buku Khamis, Rory Lobb, Jack Macrae, Aaron Naughton, James O'Donnell, Ed Richards, Adam Treloar, Laitham Vandermeer, Cody Weightman, Rhylee West, and Bailey Williams and we win it easily.

I take it we took advice from our usual lawyers.....

I swear our lawyers must have standing dinner plans on tuesdays, or squash or something, hence our refusal to go to the tribunal. Must have been a bye week when Sicily’s was challenged

Logical option this weekend is that Scrimma plays forward. He was a forward as a junior and played forward at times last year. He is good on the lead and has a good mark on him.

With the hole down back in defence, Ethan Phillips comes in to take one of JUH or Naughton.
Not sure it’s logical to move our best player so far this year out of his preferred position when he’s already playing up a weight division and still performing strongly

I swear our lawyers must have standing dinner plans on tuesdays, or squash or something, hence our refusal to go to the tribunal. Must have been a bye week when Sicily’s was challenged
Would have thought the lawyers would have been suggesting a challenge just to charge a monstrous fee

My theory for our forward line this week. Gunston, with Ginni, Moore, Watson and bruest (hopefully both fit) and camas, and even bring in O’Sullivan or Bennets, and simply instruct the players to just scrub the ball in. No long bomb, just grabbers and dribblers and see if our smalls can compete on the ground.
Firstly, with some of our midfielders forward entries, where not far off this at times.
Changes the dynamics, plays to a strength.

Feel it’s better than what I fear will be bombing into the f50 over and over and Jones takes 20 marks

Ramsden hasn't shown anything at AFL level, he's nowhere near ready.

I saw Dear against Ladhams on Sunday. Man Vs Boy.

Libba would be licking his lips at running through him after a ball up.

Neither of them are anywhere near ready at this level.

At least Phillips is a grown adult. If back, then Frosty or Sicily can go forward with Weddle or he can go up front himself.

Wingard isn't fit enough yet and Dear and Ramsden aren't at that level yet.
Sending Frosty forward is the absolute definition of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I get it’s hard for us now we have a pretty young list lots of gaps many injuries etc but Dear is miles off. Ramsden 2 years ahead and not quite AFL ready.
Leave frost and scrimshaw 2 of our very few positives this year. Keep Serong in as 3rd defender.
Ramsden and Gunston and I would move Sicily forward he needs a circuit breaker just tell him to play deep forward and launch at everything.
Likely this gets ugly but we have to cop that as we chose this path to rebuild (correctly). we simply don’t have the talent experience and now player availability to compete with the better sides and dogs at marvel off a loss will touch us up. Inside 8 goals a win.
I have fond memories of Sic forward against the Dogs at Docklands in, was it, 2016? The game Murphy did his leg and missed the flag?

Last edited:
I'm really buoyed for this match. I think we can win, we just need to curb the influence of a few players,
Marcus Bontempelli, Lachlan Bramble, Bailey Dale, Caleb Daniel, Sam Darcy, Taylor Duryea, Tim English, Harvey Gallagher, Riley Garcia, James Harmes, Jason Johannisen, Liam Jones, Buku Khamis, Rory Lobb, Jack Macrae, Aaron Naughton, James O'Donnell, Ed Richards, Adam Treloar, Laitham Vandermeer, Cody Weightman, Rhylee West, and Bailey Williams and we win it easilIy
“So Finn, you’ve proved you can tag one player. How about something more challenging?”

Last edited:
I think he looks better then Ramsden as a prospect but his nowhere near Ramsden's physical size and Ramma isnt even that big

If Dear comes in his probably going to get Liam Jones, he will get destroyed (not his fault)

We have to be careful given we don't want to destroy the mans confidence or his body
He is bigger than Ramsden in terms of muscle mass in correlation to his height. Definitely more filled out than Ramsden albeit Ramsden is heavier and bigger because he’s 203cm and been in the system longer.

If you look at both you can clearly see Dear, shorter but more filled out, albeit not majorly but similar enough. Ramsden is just skinny too.

Second half of 2020.

The difference then was that I had completely checked out due to our list management decisions and essentially welcomed the poor form to validate my feelings.

At least this time I understand the plan. Just wish it was moving at a faster pace.
Not to go over old ground again, but the 2020 form can be at least party attributed to what was going on in our hub.

Players falling out with each other, coaches not talking, administrative people falling out with coaches. An absolutely clusterheck. They could write a book on it one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure it’s logical to move our best player so far this year out of his preferred position when he’s already playing up a weight division and still performing strongly
If we are wanting a marking option without a big key forward there , he actually is the best option for that.

Either way this week we are going to need to be a little creative . I could see a smaller forward line plus Scrim working and it may simple be easier to do that and bring in Phillips to defence.

Rather than go totally small or expect Dear to come in and contest ( which I think is totally unrealistic )

Weddle forward. He went forward last week every time Chol went into the ruck. I fear we might end up playing both rucks and have one of them play forward along with Ramma. That's the way I think they will go.

I think we’ll go the Reeves / Meek combo this week. Reeves does okay against English and Meek to start forward.
Reeves went off with another head knock on Sunday. Hopefully all ok.

I'm just hopeful we we're in with a sniff at quarter time. Sick of it being done and dusted by QT and the rest being playing for pride. Would love Dear to come in but agree that Jones will probably thrash him around.

Hey let's throw a 19 year old kid who has played 5 VFL games into the seniors!!

Bigfooty thread: F'N AYE!!!!

Hey maybe instead we should put two mature rucks in the side to provide targets and let the small forwards do their thing.

Bigfooty thread: BOOOOOOOOO

In - Reeves, D’Ambrossio, Phillips, Hustwaite, Breust
Out - Chol, Morrison, Serong, Ramsden, Gunston

Nash to tag Bont, Maginess to Libba

Sub - MacDonald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back