Autopsy Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Harley Reid will win Rising Star because the Media and so called footy experts have a raging hard on for him .... but ..... Wilson gee whiz ..... BOG today ..... 20+ and 3

Mc Kercher has had a good season so far. Wardlaw is still in the running too.

It's interesting having a little read of the North autopsy. They are really bitter, so many bagging our club saying how s**t we are etc. At the ground there was a guy near me constantly paying out Mason Wood saying "footsteps Wood". I mean how bitter and twisted can you get?

I feel for them it must be horrible watching your team lose every week (well actually I know from experience), but also let's not become that ourselves after a few losses. Max had a s**t game, ah well let's get behind him and show some support rather than pile onto him. He will get back to his best but maybe our expectations of him are too high especially after being out for a few weeks injured. We know how good he can be.

As for those North supporters, why they feel the need to degrade us, a fellow battling club that have been to hell and back ourselves, is a pretty strange study in human behaviour. Like I said, I have some sympathy, but after reading some of the comments maybe they can get stuffed.
I've had some care for North over the years, but these last 2-3, especially on here, are just poor-quality supporters, While I don't wish they fold, I'd be very happy to see them mired for a few more.

There attack on Jimmy, like their players, were and are, pretty lame

We looked like a different team, with Mason Wood, Max King, Jack Hayes & Jimmy Webster back in the team. Admittedly North tend to make any opponent look good. Now we know we are better than North.

King & Membrey were next to useless, We should have had a witches hat instead Philippou, at least then an opposition player might have tripped over it or had to avoid it. Why was Hastie subbed out instead of him . Seb Ross surprised me, his best game for some time. Hill filling his quota of clangers again. He is so hot & cold.

Wilson was amazing... everyone else was good

Yeah even though it’s North and sorry north but I feel so great after a win. What a difference it makes. I’ve dug out a bit of some frozen stuff out of the freezer and fired up Les zeppelin
I went to Les Zeppelin's caberet show a few years ago; a few blue jokes, a few old classics and whole gotta sweating, he really is the fattest singer in showbiz, as advertised

As for those North supporters, why they feel the need to degrade us, a fellow battling club that have been to hell and back ourselves, is a pretty strange study in human behaviour. Like I said, I have some sympathy, but after reading some of the comments maybe they can get stuffed.
I reckon its just a coping mechanism, if the AFL ever put a line through one team, the options are a short list and everyone knows both our teams would be on it. What better way to feel better than to convince yourself the other guys are a mess.

When you have hand a handful over wins over 4 years you'd say some wacky things. Remember when rebuilds were meant to take 5 years, now imagine being at the end of it and being 0-8 to start the new season after handouts and winning the contract of the 'dream' coach. Not a lot to hang your hat on.

Sure we have been average for a decade but we've made finals and have been competitive for the most part.

I've known many of these guys, the private school boys who always had everything go their way because they were smart or attractive or good at footy or whatever. Never facing adversity until you're 20+ and in a pressure cooker elite sports environment isn't the best for building resilience.
Max has been a St Kilda fan his whole life.
Pretty sure he’d have had the resilience already.

As someone posted earlier, he needs to get a consistent run of games. This in /out business is not helping.
He’ll be fine, just needs no interruptions from now on.

I’d like to bookmark the posts talking about trading him and bring them out end of next year.

LDU looks checked out, probably feeling like Ben Mckay. If he is gone next year he is exactly what we need.

We didn't have a recognised small forward today and we were going through the motions and we still easily accounted for North. I think they might be the biggest basket case I've seen since Melbourne 09-11

We get bullied in the midfield all the time.

We need a contested beast in there.

We have one... but he spends very little time there.

Back him in. In a year, we'll be really glad we did.
To play in the midfield fulltime you need to have certein, skills Mitch doesn't possess, yes one of his strengths is his physicality, but he is slow and lacks agility to be a full time midfielder. He's had a growth spurt and is as tall as RoMa and Hayes and the coaches are possibly aware he could still grow even further and as such can see what many with eyes can see...he's going to be anything but a full time midfielder, possibly not even allowed to enter the midfield unless to contest the ruck.

I think he's looking like he is best suited to a forward role that roles up the ground and through the midfield which is pretty much most forward positions but here's the dilemma, he looks like an Auskicker when taking a set shot.

Contested beast yes, fulltime midfield bull No...you need certain skills to apply for that postion. Mitch got a fair bit of developing to do just to stay on an AFL field, we should let the coaches do their work with him.

We don't want Wilson to win the Rising Star, we need to keep him underneath the radar,

We're just too small to make a fuss about it.
Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max has been a St Kilda fan his whole life.
Pretty sure he’d have had the resilience already.

As someone posted earlier, he needs to get a consistent run of games. This in /out business is not helping.
He’ll be fine, just needs no interruptions from now on.

I’d like to bookmark the posts talking about trading him and bring them out end of next year.
This is such an underrated thing. How can we expect someone to play consistent if they have had no consistency in their availability and training?

To play in the midfield fulltime you need to have certein, skills Mitch doesn't possess, yes one of his strengths is his physicality, but he is slow and lacks agility to be a full time midfielder. He's had a growth spurt and is as tall as RoMa and Hayes and the coaches are possibly aware he could still grow even further and as such can see what many with eyes can see...he's going to be anything but a full time midfielder, possibly not even allowed to enter the midfield unless to contest the ruck.

I think he's looking like he is best suited to a forward role that roles up the ground and through the midfield which is pretty much most forward positions but here's the dilemma, he looks like an Auskicker when taking a set shot.

Contested beast yes, fulltime midfield bull No...you need certain skills to apply for that postion. Mitch got a fair bit of developing to do just to stay on an AFL field, we should let the coaches do their work with him.
You must pretty flexible ruler if Owens (191) Hayes (194) and Marshall (201) are all the same height.

If you've ever watched a game where he has rucked you'll know he can win midfield clearances - full time mid maybe not just yet to to suggest he hasn't the skillset is nonsense.

On a secondary point - watching the game last night made me think - what would we be doing with Marshall if we had of snared Xerri who we chased fairly hard.

maybe our expectations of him are too high especially after being out for a few weeks injured.

I'm not giving a player who is meant to be our marquee player that excuse, absolutely there is meant to be high expectations on Max, don't put your hand up to be selected at 4DP if you don't understand or want the expectations.

How long has Hayes been out of the game, comes in a delivers from the first bounce. That's why everyone loves Jack.

You don't need skill and fitness to bring the right attitude to into a game.

It's his poor attitude that is frustrating.

I'll be very surprised if Lyon doesn't do something about it if it persists, I believe Lyon had stern words with him at 3Q time so he's already on Lyon's radar for all the wrong reasons.

You must pretty flexible ruler if Owens (191) Hayes (194) and Marshall (201) are all the same height.

If you've ever watched a game where he has rucked you'll know he can win midfield clearances - full time mid maybe not just yet to to suggest he hasn't the skillset is nonsense.

On a secondary point - watching the game last night made me think - what would we be doing with Marshall if we had of snared Xerri who we chased fairly hard.
Just too slow and lacking agility to ever be a full time midfielder. Still probably has another growth spurt left him so will most like never be a full time mid. Just doesn't have the attributes.

I heard something funny on the sen radio broadcast yesterday.
Hanners was on special comments and at one point in time the saints fumbled the ball a bunch while transitioning from defense and turned it over and he clearly said 'heck me'.
Had to apologize for it. Was very funny

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn't mind seeing the media give King a bit of a rocket this week. It's his 6th year now and he isn't taking that next step. Something has to fire him up.

Yep. We need to know what his ceiling is, if he's reached it then the honest conversations can be had with him. Not necessarily trade but possibly postion change like Ruck or CHB. Also the conversation that goes something like we can't continue on with you as number 1 key forward and have the game plan built around that.

It's time, he and the coaches are running out of wriggle room and the excuse "he's still young" has expired.

Got to the game today. Might be my only one for the year.
Great that you got there H.

I was absolutely gobsmacked when the attendance figure was posted.

27K........incredible.

I was expecting a sub 20 number........15K to about 20K if we were lucky.

Lucky I was sitting in between 2 loud Sainters or I would've fallen off my seat.

Yep. We need to know what his ceiling is, if he's reached it then the honest conversations can be had with him. Not necessarily trade but possibly postion change like Ruck or CHB. Also the conversation that goes something like we can't continue on with you as number 1 key forward and have the game plan built around that.

It's time, he and the coaches are running out of wriggle room and the excuse "he's still young" has expired.
When you say he has reached his ceiling, you mean the ceiling now when he's out of form or his best games? He has kicked 6 on multiple occasions, if that is his ceiling we'd be happy. His first two games of this season were good.

I just don't get why we have to smash him whenever he's down on form. He often starts slowly after an injury and then inevitably starts killing teams and everyone goes quiet again. He's a classic whipping boy in that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back