Review Round 8 (Q-Clash XXVI) Brisbane @ The GABBA - 5th May 2024 - 7:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

No wonder the stands are empty every week. This team makes it so hard for people and the local GC community to get behind. Whenever there’s an occasion to rise up to and make a statement we never do. Insipid performance that leaves you wondering what direction this club is heading in.

Not once mentioning lack of effort, pressure.

Look, we sucked tonight, no doubt about it. I will say it’s refreshing to have a coach that seems to have accounted for our inconsistency and has a plan for the future. More reassuring the Dew just saying a whole lot of nothing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not once mentioning lack of effort, pressure.

Exactly what I worried about. His own arrogance in his "system" being the be all, will limit us. Why the heck would you not try to limit Zorko or Neale who where clearly destroying us. Pure stupidity from Dimma and he has failed every single test put to him this year. Gonna be a long 6 years if he doesn't pull his head out of his ass.

Actually seems like a decent amount of suns fans here
Felt like we had a good contingent of Suns supporters show up tonight. Record QClash crowd of 30.2k confirms it.

Not many other positives to take from tonight but a big shoutout to the GC fans that made the trip up the M1. I know tonight's performance was disheartening, but stay on board because there are better times ahead.

Exactly what I worried about. His own arrogance in his "system" being the be all, will limit us. Why the * would you not try to limit Zorko or Neale who where clearly destroying us. Pure stupidity from Dimma and he has failed every single test put to him this year. Gonna be a long 6 years if he doesn't pull his head out of his ass.
Did anyone else have flashbacks to Scott Thompson running up and down with no accountability on the members wing in 2011?
I literally felt like Bill and Teds Time Machine had me back there last night but this time it was Neale AND Dorko
If Dimma had asked Spitta and Holman to put some work into the pair of them once they were rotations down I'm pretty sure we would have limited the damage and at least they would have been doing something

The Petals are back. Big crowd, big audience, big game, big derby and they don’t want to get even a bruise.
Very disappointing.

Most teams do have maybe two horror shows a season.

So I guess this is one of them I’ll cop. Bitterly.
The AFL attitude to bumps and hard tackles is just encouraging our little boys who just don't seem to want to get bruised at all. Embarassing to watch so I stopped at half time. Looks like I didn't miss much - excpet poor kicking for goal by Lions. We have to harden up and a tag on Neale would've helped!

Having a sleep on it, the young kids were just absolutely smashed. Rogers, Graham, Walter and Read all had no impact on the contest, while the majority of our senior players just had no impact to make up for the lack of effect our younger players had.

Last edited:
Having a sleep on it, the young kids were just absolutely smashed. Rogers, Graham, Walter and Read all had no impact on the contest, while the majority of our senior players just had no impact to make up for the lack of impact.
I think you're saying there was no imapct from anybody - and you'd be right. Soft as mashmallow.

Having a sleep on it, the young kids were just absolutely smashed. Rogers, Graham, Walter and Read all had no impact on the contest, while the majority of our senior players just had no impact to make up for the lack of impact.
Everyone man and his dog has seen that Read isn't ready for AFL. I have absolutely no idea why he was brought back in. Sam Day at least would be of been a body in the contest. King also leaving Walter or Read to play on Andrews was absolute crap. He torched him last year and now we have him playing away from him? Just silly decisions all around.

The lions are the most insufferable team in the league

It is a double up when they play us, which is fair enough.
If this is going to be a rivalry then our club is the one that needs to harden up and go to work.
They can be doubly insufferrable and still get a pass from me, b/c we are the ones that don't even turn up.
I actually love it when Zorks gives it to us b/c, you know, the players get to do something about it by playing better football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vent On.

Can't remember the last time I was angry watching the Suns play. Just fuming.

I guess that is a good sign b/c in the past I have just been accepting and almost laughing at how useless we can be in the first quarter and at the end of quarters. How many games have we played in our sorry history that have been over after 15 minutes?

I could see it, I assume you could all see it to. It was done early. I kept waiting for a response, something to reset the game and settle into the contest, but yet again, nothing. We scored 3 behinds in the 2nd quarter. They had 22 fit players (Cameron was struggling with a cork, Logan Morris was spewin' up Maccas) and made us look like witches hats.

Yet again, where are the on field leaders? MIA, again. It happened when Swallow and Witts were captains, it is happening now when Miller and Witts are captains. You might be good off-field boys, but on-field you are just not up tothe role. The rest of the leadership group? Ando and Collins. Thanks for nothing, again.

I don't know who should be in the job, but the evidence is piling up. These guys don't get it done on-field when we need it on the road against good teams. DO SOMETHING TO TURN IT AROUND, FFS!!!!!!!!

The vision of Touk standing next to Neale in the middle of the ground in the 1st quarter, then Touk is ball watching while Neale breaks away, Touk is 10m away and out of it, Neale gets an easy mark, and kicks it to a player running back to goal. Easy. This was after Touk missed the same kick at our end. I threw my hat and said the f word followed by the c word. Not proud.

Is is too much to ask that 5 of your best 10 players actually turn up on the road in a much hyped game and play average. I mean, that would be a miracle atm. 1/2 of our best 10 playing OK would be a massive improvement.

So I got angry, then got disappointed myself for getting angry, but went straight past disappointment to angry again, and the cycle continued. I made myself watch every second, and I made myself read every word in this thread. Proud of that.

Anyway, this is all on the 12 most experienced players out of the 22, by games played.
Swallow, Witts, Miller, Atkins, Ainsworth, Ballard, Holman, Collins, Luko, Fiorini, Powell, Ando.

Did any of them show up and play well in the first half? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
What is the point of playing all those games, all those road games, and dishing up that? Mirror time boys, and I don't mean before you go out, I mean when you get home.

Vent Off.

Vent On.

I guess that is a good sign b/c in the past I have just been accepting and almost laughing at how useless we can be in the first quarter and at the end of quarters. How many games have we played in our sorry history that have been over after 15 minutes?

I could see it, I assume you could all see it to. It was done early. I kept waiting for a response, something to reset the game and settle into the contest, but yet again, nothing. We scored 3 behinds in the 2nd quarter. They had 22 fit players (Cameron was struggling with a cork, Logan Morris was spewin' up Maccas) and made us look like witches hats.

Yet again, where are the on field leaders? MIA, again. It happened when Swallow and Witts were captains, it is happening now when Miller and Witts are captains. You might be good off-field boys, but on-field you are just not up tothe role. The rest of the leadership group? Ando and Collins. Thanks for nothing, again.

I don't know who should be in the job, but the evidence is piling up. These guys don't get it done on-field when we need it on the road against good teams. DO SOMETHING TO TURN IT AROUND, FFS!!!!!!!!

The vision of Touk standing next to Neale in the middle of the ground in the 1st quarter, then Touk is ball watching while Neale breaks away, Touk is 10m away and out of it, Neale gets an easy mark, and kicks it to a player running back to goal. Easy. This was after Touk missed the same kick at our end. I threw my hat and said the f word followed by the c word. Not proud.

Is is too much to ask that 5 of your best 10 players actually turn up on the road in a much hyped game and play average. I mean, that would be a miracle atm. 1/2 of our best 10 playing OK would be a massive improvement.

So I got angry, then got disappointed myself for getting angry, but went straight past disappointment to angry again, and the cycle continued. I made myself watch every second, and I made myself read every word in this thread. Proud of that.

Anyway, this is all on the 12 most experienced players out of the 22, by games played.
Swallow, Witts, Miller, Atkins, Ainsworth, Ballard, Holman, Collins, Luko, Fiorini, Powell, Ando.

Did any of them show up and play well in the first half? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
What is the point of playing all those games, all those road games, and dishing up that? Mirror time boys, and I don't mean before you go out, I mean when you get home.

Vent Off.
I like your vent. Yes, I could see it too in the first minutes despite the first goal. Both teams looked very nervous early on but Suns did not come to play. No response at all was most disappointing. I wonder if Dimma sprayed them during the game. It does not look like. His presser did not impress me.

Lions had only 20 fit players for 3 quarters including Cameron (cork) and Morris (debutant with 13k in legs from VFL) and yet, Lions players were left open all over the ground.

Where was our supposedly hard running team? Effort was not there. Lack of pressure was shocking. To dish out 160 in first quarter and similar during the game against decimated opposition, just shows how horrible we were.

Not sure why you left out Rowell from your list. He was as bad as others and has enough experience now.

Last edited:
I like your vent. Yes, I could see it too in the first minutes despite the first goal. No response at all was most disappointing. I wonder if Dimma sprayed them during the game. It does not look like. His presser did not impress me.

Lions had only 20 fit players for 3 quarters including Cameron (cork) and Morris (debutant with 13k in legs from VFL) and yet, were left open all over the ground. Where was our supposedly hard running team?

Not sure why you left out Rowell from your list. He was as bad as others and has enough experience now.
As much as I love Rowell, he is a one trick pony. You put a body on him at stoppages and he is invisible. He has no ability to get outside ball, so he just becomes a nothing player. Worried teams will see it as a blueprint going forward. Dunkley absolutely smashed him.

I think we can all agree that Dimma’s “system” has some holes. The selection process has some holes. The list has some holes.

Which one is the biggest hole? Dunno. But whatever tactics we employed last night were abysmal.

Plenty of time to fill them or at least paper over the cracks, but I am just as frustrated today as I was last night.

We can start by playing the players that are obviously better than the players we are playing, or at least will make the players that are playing earn their spot!

But our biggest issue is that we just can’t turn up to big games and turn to puss when pressure is applied (either on the field by tackling or scoreboard, or off-field by the media).

Sigh. I thought a nice sleep-in would make me feel better, but this game has killed my Suns vibe and it will take more than a win against North in Darwin to get it back.

Vent On.

Vent Off.
110% l'm even more pissed off this morning

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we can all agree that Dimma’s “system” has some holes. The selection process has some holes. The list has some holes.

Which one is the biggest hole? Dunno. But whatever tactics we employed last night were abysmal.

Plenty of time to fill them or at least paper over the cracks, but I am just as frustrated today as I was last night.

We can start by playing the players that are obviously better than the players we are playing, or at least will make the players that are playing earn their spot!

But our biggest issue is that we just can’t turn up to big games and turn to puss when pressure is applied (either on the field by tackling or scoreboard, or off-field by the media).

Sigh. I thought a nice sleep-in would make me feel better, but this game has killed my Suns vibe and it will take more than a win against North in Darwin to get it back.
I feel the same, haha.

'this game has killed my Suns vibe' covers it well. It was not a standard loss for me.

Maybe 2 wins in Darwin will cheer us up :) We can only hope. But only 6 and 5 days breaks while both oppositions will have an extra day don't give me much hope. We could receive spanking from Cats.

Just listened to First Crack. Pretty fair assessment by Montagna.

King believing more and more that Dimma will put line through Lukosius at the end of season. Hm, he could be correct.

Everyone man and his dog has seen that Read isn't ready for AFL. I have absolutely no idea why he was brought back in. Sam Day at least would be of been a body in the contest.
Was it part of the signing on package?
Also the really weird thing about sporting institutions is they get caught up in player hype maybe more than we as fans do
It gets really unprofessional
It happens in all walks of life
I remember sitting in Michael Gudinski's office at Mushroom one day and he said
"Hang on i have to take this ******* call."
He proceeded to wax lyrical about an upcoming album by a Melbourne pub band called Sacred Cowboys
"Mate, this ******* album is going to blow the whole ******* industry ******* wide open"
Spoiler:they were s**t and it didn't

I wrote down the 12 most experienced and was so annoyed I just stopped counting.
Ando at 89 games and Vice Captain, figured that was far enough down.

Also, Ben King next at 81 games. He got a pass mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back