Trades Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

With Wines out for a while im now reconsidering holding off on the Drew to Corbett trade

If Dangerfield is out ill hold as i have Drew and Miers on the bench.

Doubt Constables named this week unless Dangerfield is out and even then that means Jelwood isnt ready to come in.

Wilkie might go down to a Answerth or Lockhart and upgrade Constable to a premium.

I still think Corbett is the rookie to get this week i think he can avg enough to be ok ie 50 odd and has the best JS of any rookies along side Jay Lockhart

Alot depends on teams

2 of Wilkie, Drew, Constable will be out. Id love to keep Drew but he might just have to go

May want to check your facts on that one.
Took me a little while to understand what he meant, but I'm pretty sure he meant as in they didn't recruit him to be a regular, only as depth. Not that he's not on their list (which is what I first read it to mean).

If Danger is out (could even miss two weeks with that knee and then drop a bit more $) i'm very tempted to trade him out for Ziebell.

I can either go:

Duursma to Hind (or other 170K rookie named)
Libba to Treloar

OR

Danger to Ziebell
Libba to Fyfe

Second one is very tempting as will allow me to field Ziebell over a rookie and still get a gun mid in. Will need to use another trade to get Danger back in, in a few weeks though...

Is Ziebell likely to keep this midfield role up Roos fans?

Thoughts?

Took me a little while to understand what he meant, but in pretty sure he meant as in they didn't recruit him to be a regular, only as depth. Not that he's not on their list (which is what I first read it to mean).

Ah yep my mistake.

Was gonna say surely the Port supporter knows who’s on their list..

If Danger is out (could even miss two weeks with that knee and then drop a bit more $) i'm very tempted to trade him out for Ziebell.

I can either go:

Duursma to Hind (or other 170K rookie named)
Libba to Treloar

OR

Danger to Ziebell
Libba to Fyfe

Second one is very tempting as will allow me to field Ziebell over a rookie and still get a gun mid in. Will need to use another trade to get Danger back in, in a few weeks though...

Is Ziebell likely to keep this midfield role up Roos fans?

Thoughts?
Not sure I’ve ever seen a regular Roos poster in here unfortunately

Hoping Naish plays his first game for the Tigers this week. No idea about job security but he's quick with a good tank and a beautiful user.

Hi All,

What a terrible week! Dropped in the rankings from ~230 to ~760!

Anyway back to the drawing board.

Backs: Lloyd, Whitfield, Laird, Stewart, Smith & Hore (Emerg: Clark & Answerth)
Mids: Coniglio, Rocky, Cripps, BCrouch, Libba, Walsh, Ross & Stack/Hayes (Emerg: Stack/Hayes & Gibbons)
Rucks: Grundy & Gawn (Emerg: Cameron & Fort)
Fwds: Dangerfield, Telly, Boak, Worpel, Rozee & Drew (Emerg: Parker & Corbett)

I have about $250k in the bank so thinking the following trades as I really need to get back into top 100

I know my first trade, however, I don't know what to do with my 2nd

1st) Libba --> Yeo

2nd) Rozee --> Dunkley? or Drew --> Ziebell or downgrade a Clark or Parker for cash gen?

My midfield is very weak, but the only player that I can think of upgrading is Libba right now as Ross/Stack/Hayes still have more cash to make.

Thoughts?

I’d rather frampton comes in for Westhoff. Need someone with some aggression and someone who actually can kick a few goals. Westy has been absolutely shocking this year bar rnd 1 and constantly misses absolute sitters. My patience is done with him and frampton I believe would provide more to the team structure over westy. Agree Marshall must keep playing though.

You wanna take out a 250 gamer.. for a 1 gamer.. in a side with numerous injuries to experienced players.

Frampton wouldn't have anywhere near the depth of knowledge that Westy would have for a game like this, you think Frampton will be pushing back, or on a wing? or slipping forward when unnoticed? It's a rainy game, last thing we need is another tall forward spudding it up

Interested in how many rookies people will still have after this weeks trades.

I will have the same amount as you but a different setup.

DEF - Hore, Rozee, Scrimshaw/Duursma
MID - Walsh
FWD - Miers
5 for me. Could have been 4 this week but have to upgrade Libba.

Hore, Scrim
Walsh, Ross
Baker

Just the two over here. Upgrading Walsh this week and I don’t classify ROB as a rookie.

DEF: Hore
MID: Constable/Ross

(Log in to remove this ad.)

damn it - depending on team lists ive decided to go all in this week. taking a chance and bringing in both guthrie and ziebel.
my trade options were:
A. Libba + either danger / billings -> Tim Kelly + Boak. 20k ITB with an expected 50 point on field gain
b. Libba + parker -> guthrie + ziebel. 40k ITB with an expected min 60 point gain on field. gets a rookie off field and helps with byes and cash gen

Option A is definitely safer. both must have gun keepers. both appearing in nearly all top 100 sides, and both have a decent run coming up
but both at premium price, no POD, no real cash to be made and dont address the rookies

option b - super risky but could be a great move if it works (ie they hold their new roles). Lots of $$ to be made. total POD, keeps the fwd line cash gen ticking over and gets a rookie out.
Chose parker over Wilkie because of dangerfields suspected late out this week and the fwd line has no downgrade targets, whereas parker can be swapped out easily next week

my head says option A. heart says B
Someone talk me out of it !

I think I'll be going

Libba to Guthrie
Burgess to Answerth

Hopefully price changes work out for me so next week I can go

Drew to Dunkley
Parker to Corbett.

This allows me to get rid of libba and burgess this week and also upgrade next week to only have 4 rookies on ground, assuming Guthrie keeps scoring well which he should given his cba's and role.

This allows me to get rid of libba and burgess this week and also upgrade next week to only have 4 rookies on ground, assuming Guthrie keeps scoring well which he should given his cba's and role.

gutherie should maintain CBA's as long as constable is out of the side.
this week might be different with Danger in doubt, but geelongs depth in mid is strong. selwood's been playing on the wing, ablet up fwd, kelly danger guthrie in the guts. they can shuffle without the need for constable coming back

ziebel on the other hand - will need to watch team lists tonight. Larkey being named fwd will be key to JZ CBA's. Larkey +zurhaar did well last week up fwd so no reason that should change (but it was only carlton). That and keeping an eye on Jacobs, LDU and Tyson in the side (tyson to test this week and LDU was dropped may be back). Brad scott seems to be trying different combos to see what works best. I think he's found something hes going to stick with in Ziebel.

So is there ANYTHING on Danger yet?
Medial ligament damage for Dangerfield, however minor, has to leave him in doubt. Will need heavy strapping @7NewsMelbourne

gutherie should maintain CBA's as long as constable is out of the side.
this week might be different with Danger in doubt, but geelongs depth in mid is strong. selwood's been playing on the wing, ablet up fwd, kelly danger guthrie in the guts. they can shuffle without the need for constable coming back

ziebel on the other hand - will need to watch team lists tonight. Larkey being named fwd will be key to JZ CBA's. Larkey +zurhaar did well last week up fwd so no reason that should change (but it was only carlton). That and keeping an eye on Jacobs, LDU and Tyson in the side (tyson to test this week and LDU was dropped may be back). Brad scott seems to be trying different combos to see what works best. I think he's found something hes going to stick with in Ziebel.
I reckon Ziebell will do a shut down role on Kelly this weekend. Did the same to Cripps in the first half on the weekend and Rocky for most of the game the week before

Centre Bounce Attendances

.. or in Libba's case for the previous 2 weeks a number of options exist..

Centre Bounce Apathy
Clear Ball Avoidance
Can't be Arsed

I'm sure there's others..

Any news on whitfield coming back?

And if dangerfield is out, should i trade either him or whitfield (if they are both out)

i'd much rather hold if it's viable.. trading out 1 premo for another is like robbing peter to pay paul

Remove this Banner Ad

Back