Trades Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

YOLO.

Have $0k in the bank.

Libba and Adams to Ziebell and Liam Sheils. Don’t think either are keepers but can hopefully score well and run them to their byes.

Treloar this week is looking juicy thanks to no Beams and Adams and being against Carlton.
Fyfe this week is looking juicy thanks to no Blakely and being against the Tigers.
Too bad Mummy is a ****ing old man and decided to get injured!! All my plans out the window. I'll probably have to miss out on Treloar/Fyfe as I'll need to get Lloyd next week.

View attachment 670356

My Rocky > Yeo trade has been put on ice (Wines out better be worth it!).

So far have done Petru > Dunkley, with $160K bank. Unsure about my next trade, but thinking of either Parker/Constable > Lockhart/Moore. I like Lockhart, but I dont know if he's worth the extra 70K over Moore.

Any advice? I'm open to other trade suggestions!

You might want to consider getting more Crows

Which options boys?

A) Walsh -> Fyfe/Merrett

B) Scrimshaw -> Stewart

C) Parker -> Guthrie
I like C, Parker is maxed whereas Scrim and Walsh still have $$ to make. Guthrie should score well and his BE is 35

F U Geelong!!

You know well and good that Danger doesn’t have a chance in hell of playing and you still play your stupid game of cat and mouse and we all know he will be a late out an hour before the game and you are fooling nobody!!
Danger wanted this, he loves the attention. He'll probably play under duress and manage to kick 5.

Which options boys?

A) Walsh -> Fyfe/Merrett

B) Scrimshaw -> Stewart

C) Parker -> Guthrie

Assuming Parker isn't on-field I'd go B. Nets you a top 6 defender. Can see why Guthrie would be tempting though. I just don't see him as a top 6 guy so you're only really getting him for the cash gen.

I'm going to risk it and trade out Danger, aim to bring him back in a few weeks when he bottoms out. Even if he plays on the weekend, will likely play a fair bit fwd and could just get an 80. Will lose a lot of $ and have a high BE for the next week too.

Bringing in Ziebell is a risk too but hopefully he gets that mid time and can go 90+ again. Allows me to go Libba to Fyfe and Captain him this week.

Fingers crossed it doesn't backfire...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iv got so many trades I want to make this week for upgrades.

Constable > Bewley
Rozee > Ablett

I almost went Scrimshaw > Laird but Ill save that for next week. Laird historically scores poorly against Port and Ablett is likely to want to bounce back with a good game after his indiscretion. I think with a limited Dangerfield he will play a bigger role and has the better break even.

So basically I want to keep Drew now Wines is out. That makes Wilkie basically the only bloke I can trade out who isn’t making much more cash.

Currently doing Wilkie to Answerth but that only leaves me with 729k to use after getting rid of Libba.

Of the blokes I can afford Oliver appeals most to me as a POD, really want Treloar though so is it worth going Keilty over Answerth even though his JS and scoring potential is rubbish?

I'm missing Whitfield, Cunningham, Ebert and Mumford. Possibly also Dangerfield and Constable.

Mumford has to go as there is no ruck cover and so does Cunningham because he's out for 6-8 weeks.

Gee, the season started so promisingly.
Just noticed my Ruck emergencies - Flynn and Fort, are on extended benches. Never know your luck, as unlikely as it is.

Last edited:
So basically I want to keep Drew now Wines is out. That makes Wilkie basically the only bloke I can trade out who isn’t making much more cash.

Currently doing Wilkie to Answerth but that only leaves me with 729k to use after getting rid of Libba.

Of the blokes I can afford Oliver appeals most to me as a POD, really want Treloar though so is it worth going Keilty over Answerth even though his JS and scoring potential is rubbish?
Taking a rookie you don't want/trust to make the trade or taking a premium you don't want to make the trade. Doesn't sound too good.

The Def options (option) are pretty thin. If you have any ability through DPP, there are cheap fwds. Maybe better JS than Keilty but who knows?

Just noticed my Ruck emergencies - Flynn and Fort, are on extended benches. Never know your luck, as unlikely as it is.
Some on the Geelong board actually think Fort could come in if Ratu doesn’t get up!

Simpson likely to be GWS ruck though I think

preround8.PNG

Nothing but a fat 35k in the bank but was thinking I might be doing a double downgrade to build up a chest, can't see any way to squeeze anyone in without dumping the port boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back