Preview Round 8 v Fremantle Sunday May 5th 1pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
reckon kmac2 can be mr olympia if he got on the roids like rhys mathieson

How are Steely Green and Seth Campbell the solution to our inability to kick a winning score.

Steely has kicked 8 goals from 19 VFL games (only 2 goals this year), averages less than 2 tackles a game

Campbell hasn't kicked a goal since round 1 and the last three weeks is averaging 7 possessions without kicking a single behind (also laying only 4 tackles and a single one % in total over the last 3 weeks)

They don't tackle, they don't pressure and they don't kick many goals ...

but gee don't they run good
Forrest Gump Running GIF

Last edited:
How are Steely Green and Seth Campbell the solution to our inability to kick a winning score.

Steely has kicked 8 goals from 19 VFL games (only 2 goals this year), averages less than 2 tackles a game

Campbell hasn't kicked a goal since round 1 and the last three weeks is averaging 7 possessions without kicking a single behind (also laying only 4 tackles and a single one % in total over the last 3 weeks)

They don't tackle, they don't pressure and they don't kick many goals ...

but gee don't they run good
Forrest Gump Running GIF
Campbell needs a run in the 2s

Last week I posted that Campbell and Mansell needed a spell in the ressies due to underperforming.
Campbell who I do believe will be a very good player hasn't kicked a goal in his last 5 games. You heard correctly 5 games.

Mansell there is no defending this guy. Hasn't hit the scoreboard in 3 games. If this was Cumberland the haters would be pointing this out and gunning for him and probably with good reason but tend to go silent on Mansell's underperforming games.

So we have two small forwards who haven't kicked a goal in multiple weeks but still retain their spots :think:

What irks me is some harp on if Cumbo plays consistently good he'll get a game well how about Campbell and Mansell who aren't playing well and still getting games.

Happy for Green but doubt he makes the final cut when the teams are announced tomorrow.

I was hoping 2 from Cumbo, Coulthard and Green due to all having a good game V Casey would replace Campbell and Mansell.

Noah Cumberland (11 disposals, eight contested possessions, three inside-50s, six tackles, one goal)

Steely Green (17 disposals, 10 contested possessions, 76% disposal efficiency, five marks, four inside-50s, three clearances, one goal)

Matthew Coulthard (13 disposals, three marks, three goals)

Last edited:
To those demanding that Cumberland get a game here are his average VFL stats for this year:
10 disposals
1.75 marks
3 tackles
0.75 goals

People talk about rewarding good form at VFL level and punishing poor form at AFL level, well on the stats shown above there is no way Cumberland should be in contention for the AFL side.

The game he played last week where he had 11 disposals, eight contested possessions, three inside-50s, six tackles & one goal is the type of level that he needs to produce for a month. Not saying the exact same stats but a good blend of offensive and defensive work while hitting the scoreboard will get him back in the mix.

As for Green getting a spot, the kid is a 2nd year player who hasn't had a game yet but has played some good footy the last 2 games at VFL level averaging 15 disposals 5 marks 2 tackles & 1 goal so has deserved a possible debut in a season where we're taking a good look at a lot of unproven kids.

It's quite possible that Green could replace Campbell when the final team is announced tonight, although I suspect he'll just miss out along with McAuliffe and Ryan.

To those demanding that Cumberland get a game here are his average VFL stats for this year:
10 disposals
1.75 marks
3 tackles
0.75 goals

People talk about rewarding good form at VFL level and punishing poor form at AFL level, well on the stats shown above there is no way Cumberland should be in contention for the AFL side.

The game he played last week where he had 11 disposals, eight contested possessions, three inside-50s, six tackles & one goal is the type of level that he needs to produce for a month. Not saying the exact same stats but a good blend of offensive and defensive work while hitting the scoreboard will get him back in the mix.

As for Green getting a spot, the kid is a 2nd year player who hasn't had a game yet but has played some good footy the last 2 games at VFL level averaging 15 disposals 5 marks 2 tackles & 1 goal so has deserved a possible debut in a season where we're taking a good look at a lot of unproven kids.

It's quite possible that Green could replace Campbell when the final team is announced tonight, although I suspect he'll just miss out along with McAuliffe and Ryan.
I don't think anyone is demanding Cumberland gets a game, (Groupie, but piss taking me thinks), more inquiring why not.

We have forwards who haven't kicked a goal in 3 and 5 weeks. We kicked 5 in total last week, so you'd think that trying something new in the forward line might be a good idea. This week Green maybe, but he's kicked 2 goals in total this season. Not against giving him a crack, but he's not a goal kicker, 8 goals in 19 VFL matches most as a forward.
Maybe they will give Ryan a crack this week, which would good to have a look at.

Meanwhile Cumberland, who has at least some AFL credits up his sleeve, is nowhere to be seen. I would not be normally putting his name up after average form, but he is worth a look at again.

I think the loudest voices here are the detractors, which is weird.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what I'm really excited about?

It's rivalry round! All the teams get to play their greatest rivals!

All year I've been looking forward to taking on our great historic rivals, Fremantle!

What a storied fixture this is every year.

Just love have the AFL treats us with so much respect, reserving this one great fixture that defines Richmond so much, for this year's rivalry round.

It'll be awesome.

Last week I posted that Campbell and Mansell needed a spell in the ressies due to underperforming.
Campbell who I do believe will be a very good player hasn't kicked a goal in his last 5 games. You heard correctly 5 games.

Mansell there is no defending this guy. Hasn't hit the scoreboard in 3 games. If this was Cumberland the haters would be pointing this out and gunning for him and probably with good reason but tend to go silent on Mansell's underperforming games.

So we have two small forwards who haven't kicked a goal in multiple weeks but still retain their spots :think:

What irks me is some harp on if Cumbo plays consistently good he'll get a game well how about Campbell and Mansell who aren't playing well and still getting games.

Happy for Green but doubt he makes the final cut when the teams are announced tomorrow.

I was hoping 2 from Cumbo, Coulthard and Green due to all having a good game V Casey would replace Campbell and Mansell.

Noah Cumberland (11 disposals, eight contested possessions, three inside-50s, six tackles, one goal)

Steely Green (17 disposals, 10 contested possessions, 76% disposal efficiency, five marks, four inside-50s, three clearances, one goal)

Matthew Coulthard (13 disposals, three marks, three goals)
What are we selecting forwards based on? .... clearly not performance the week previous ... Mansell and Campbell didn't kick a goal in April ... Coulthard and Kosi kick seven between them but we select Green and Samson who kicked two between them last week

Clearly we are tanking, right?
Campbell needs a run in the 2s
Campbell is just fine at running lol ... needs to kick some goals and lay some tackles in the 2s

10 disposals
1.75 marks
3 tackles
0.75 goals

thing is cumbo never shoulda been out of the afl team. it was dimmer's cooked brain that pointlessly started that

plus all the alternatives also do diddly squat at both levels so may as well give him a 4-6 week block while we have no other uninjured forwards on the list

10 disposals
1.75 marks
3 tackles
0.75 goals

RT your post would have merit if this was applied across the board, did Mansell, Campbell, Banks and Lefau play consistently good in the ressies before being promoted. The short Answer is no. All gifted games.

Even Rioli Junior did nothing in the preseason to warrant being picked. But last few games has played well and deserves his place but i cant say the same for Campbell and Mansell.

Cumbo's defensive has been very good. He has effectively played 3 games. 1 game was the bye and the other injured and out since 2nd quarter. So 3 goals in 3 games. Ave a goal a game.

Hows Mansell going in his 6 games = 3 goals. Campbell 3 goals in 7 games.

Last edited:
You know what I'm really excited about?

It's rivalry round! All the teams get to play their greatest rivals!

All year I've been looking forward to taking on our great historic rivals, Fremantle!

What a storied fixture this is every year.

Just love have the AFL treats us with so much respect, reserving this one great fixture that defines Richmond so much, for this year's rivalry round.

It'll be awesome.
I dunno, I must admit I enjoy beating Freo a little extra compared to some other clubs because of Mr Ice man Mundy
campaigner has stolen victory’s from us a few times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back