Preview Round 8 v Fremantle Sunday May 5th 1pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

prove me wrong gordon ramsay GIF by MasterChef Junior

Your suggestions on team selection :drunk: you think you are better than the match committee :D genuine afl nuffie
It's a forum, would be a pretty boring place if we all agree on all things related to the club and performance.
Heaven forbid a few of us want to call out some questionable decisions.

How is again kmac Pickett and Naismith all picked when they did * all again why isn’t mcauliffe getting another go and Ryan they are the future lost it again at selection look for Fyfe or Walters to kick goal after siren
I think Pickett is in the centre to support the kids against Fyfe. He did that pretty well last week against the Melbourne mids. The question is why isn’t Dusty in the centre playing that role. I think another bigger player up forward would be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ooozze is a gimp.

Needs to do better, Sonz, McAuliffe, Ryan should all be getting games ahead of the older players he tends to favour ATM.
Surely your sick of seeing the likes of McIntosh spudding it up? I know I'm over it.
He only played Brown because of our injuries and then realized the guy can actually play. How are we supposed to move forward by playing Sonsie as a sub or forward flanker and not where we drafted him as a mid.

He's coached 7 games, lost a heap of experienced guys and so has craved just a touch of experience and stability. Save the outrage... it's tiring. He's played Brown more than Dimma did and more than Mini did. He's made Macca the sub which is more than anyone else has done (and he's versatile as a sub). He actually moved Pickett into a useful position to do a job and has had to contend with his whole starting midfield and 75% of his spine being ripped out of him.

If anyone is a gimp, it's you for failing to understand the basics about the situation. He's going better than Dimma at the same stage of his career who didn't have the injury adversity. Yes there are minor things (Sonsie as a mid, Ryan maybe instead of Cray, KMac2 as sub etc) that could have gone a different way but he's in the position to make those calls. We can't just play all youth or it looks like Nth or Hawks. Yuck. Let's not be BigFooty nuffies and actually give him a minimum of 12 months to have a look at everything... I'd be happy to give him 24 months before sseeing significant improvement. I suspect there will be some solid list changes at the end of this season though.

Last edited:
No, you're expendable lol

They're premiership champions of the club.
Let’s bring back KB Flea and any other premiership hero if that’s what warrants getting a game. 😝
Team selection should be based on best performing players and not by what you previously achieved.
Kmac hasn’t played a decent game for nearly two seasons and mini even dropped him.
The other dribble you’re been trotting out is that the old guys are protecting our kids.
The only kid that’s getting a game is actually Campbell. Campbell should’ve been dropped three weeks ago bc he’s dropped off and could easily be replaced with a Green, KMac2 or Smith
The rest are made up of :
mature aged players in LeFau and Young
Or players that have had 3-6 seasons and preseasons under their belts in MRj,HRS , Miller, Mansell, Sonsie Brown Banks etc.
To everyone’s astonishment everyone of those players barring Sonsie have out performed most of the premiership heroes . Sonsie will make it and step up easily if he’s giving a license to play midfield for three to four weeks.
Ryan you’ve also criticised and I’m not a fan of, but he’s played three very good vfl games and should be rewarded over Naismith bc he’s just a list clogger and the games gone way passed him. I want to see if Ryan now with his tail up can transfer his VFL form into AFL . He played around a dozen games last year and was good in four early ones and then tired off , but he’s got another preseason under his belt and needs to be looked at . He's also more of a natural forward to Naismith so we need someone to support LeFau. Naismith was a joke in that role last week as he was leading to the boundary line and the ball was just getting smashed over the line. Even if he marked it the chances of him getting a goal was low as witnessed by some of his kicking. He is also slow as treacle.
The sad thing is if we didn’t have these injuries Brown, HRS, Miller, Sonsie, Banks wouldn’t be playing bc the tractor army would be still getting games. Even Ross would’ve missed out. On our injury list the blokes that woul get a game would be TT, Lynch ,Ross and Balta . Bauer would be in the mix and Hopper , but with Hopper it would make us very slow bc KMac and JGTI with Dusty are in the team. You can’t drop Dusty bc he’s still got some magic in him and can be a match winner on any given day.
I wouldn’t have rushed Short back as he’s been terrible this year and really needs to find form in the vfl and gain full match fitness. JGTI and Kmac shouldn’t have played a game as they’ve been ordinary for ages now . They are both total list cloggers bc they hardly win a contest or the footy and have very ordinary disposal. This is due to their lack of speed and they’re either chasing or under the pump with the ball in hand. Grimes is another list clogger and has been fumbling and making basic skill errors in defence, yet he’s still trotting around. We are now the slowest side in the AFL and starting to resemble our dark days in the mid 80s to 2010. The only thing we can gain from this season is by playing all the guys that can take us to our next premiership , not premiership heroes who have fallen off the cliff.
Dimma told us all he couldn’t cook the snag another way anymore. He knew and opted out bc the list was Shizen housen as the old timers were burnt. He’s not stupid he’s playing 8-10 kids a week seeing who can cut the mustard. We’re living back in the 80’s and starting to run the place with no urgency expecting miracles will happen. As we found out at the end of 2016 you’ve got to check every employee in the place and get the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back