Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at Daniel Gorringe...

All players that take the field deserve time and respect given to them. However, if we're worrying too much about Matty Cottrell then we may as well throw the towel in now.

We'll get them the same way Geelong did and that's by exposing their fragile defence.
Of course. Close-minding though isn't necessarily worrying too much about a player; it's more about getting the right match ups on the right players in order to take something away from the opposition.

Cottrell to me is someone who has featured in some big moments for Carlton already in his career. He's not likely to win them the game off his own boot (like a Cripps, Curnow, Walsh or McKay might), but he's someone worthy of putting some extra time into.

We are missing 3 best 22 players and they're missing around 8. Surely that's enough to be optimistic about. We have to take our chances in front of goal.
It’s not just how many but where. I mean, if you are missing a spread of different players it’s easier to cover. Our two biggest bull mids missing at the same time is not ideal. Was going to be a tough game made a lot tougher

We are missing 3 best 22 players and they're missing around 8. We have to take our chances in front of goal.

Carlton's injury is slightly overblown

Why?

Cripps, Curnow, Weitering, Walsh, McKay all still there.

Cripps in particular holds their fate in his hands almost single handedly. As long as that core is there, any other injuries are kinda meh honestly.

We're missing a pillar up forward in McStay
We've lost a pillar down back in Murph
We're now going to be missing literally the core nucleus of the midfield

Their pillars are still there and so is their midfield. Even Cerra will be back this week

In - Leggy, Sully
Out - Titch, JDG

Sub - Sidey

Crisp to pull his finger out and go onball, Naics to put in a blinder and have 38 and kick 3. Moore to have his way with the Umpires pet Chaz. Leggy, JFN and IQ to mob up the crumbs all night and get that ball pinging from HB. Our small forwards to run them off their legs all night. Bobby and Shoota to kick 4 each.

LFG.

It will be interesting to see who’s named as an emergency for the game. It might give us some clues about where players stand.

Prediction: Sullivan, Bytel and Carmichael?

If Carmichael isn’t named, then his chance for being cut increases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F-ed up my backside! He knew precisely what he was doing! Clickbait generator of the highest order!
Probably hoping all the Pie supporters would try to sell their tix to the game on mass so more Blues supporters could attend.

I almost thought about it.

I'm not a huge Fin Macrae fan but if he isn't selected when Titch and JDG are out at this point you may as well say it's curtains on his AFL career
He has to be selected. He got the coaches votes in the last VFL match & the only player from the VFL group who's been getting selected more than any other.

His kicking efficiency is below average... like what are you arguing against? That he is good at handballing so he's a good kick?
no its not ... his disposal efficiency is average at 66 percent last two years not below average so go and educate yourself with afl statistics .His goal kicking is 55 percent also

Spot on. Don’t think Sullivan will be considered.

Markov as the sub makes sense. Sidey can consider himself very lucky

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
They may think it would be too inexperienced if we had both fin and sullivan.
And they tend to make a fuss out of debuts at training and there was nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back