Game Day Round 1 vs. Sydney, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 15/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking at the stats, Pies tackling and inside 50s are way down to their norm... so this is literally a definition of a bad game... but Swans look good.

GWS I think has higher ceiling.... as a team.

But I think both NSW teams are top 4 material... and deep into September if healthy.

I said last week that grundy is always good for one game after he has the pressure put on him, always stinks it up for the next 10. Ahh well, that's the only positive I have

It looks like one team is busting a gut and the other team is just cruising.
Pies look strained while Swans look like they're playing witches hats to be honest.

fitness and vacation mode is still switched on.... maybe next week they're back to game time.

then the Hawks before our bye
if we're 2 wins/3 losses at our bye, having played Giants, Swans and Lions, you'll take that after this start

I mean what did you all expect? We started our preseason late and have come up against 2 premiership favourites.

That excuse doesn't hold much water when you consider that GWS started on 26 Nov (after only wrapping up their 2023 season one week earlier) and both Sydney and Collingwood started Nov 28.

We managed to do the same as last week though getting the margin back to 5 goals so not a total disaster scoreboard-wise.

We'll need to come out hard and make a statement against the Stains next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the stats, Pies tackling and inside 50s are way down to their norm... so this is literally a definition of a bad game... but Swans look good.

GWS I think has higher ceiling.... as a team.

But I think both NSW teams are top 4 material... and deep into September if healthy.
Academies.....

This is why you need to give
I couldn’t disagree more

I think you’ll see more of the same. In fact, you’ll see worse.

Then we’ll “switch on” with 8 minutes left in the last quarter.

F**king called it lol

Can't recall anyone in a while who has looked less of an AFL player than Dean. When you pin your hopes on big men picked up as rookies, you're going to be disappointed nearly every time.
Yeah like Mihocek….

Last edited:
32 points last, 33 points tonight. Not the start I was hoping for but we don't need to panic. In McInnes, Frampton, time & space.

Nick daicos and Darcy Cameron can hold their head high

Well, what a shitshow that was.
Turnover central - even Pendles was doing it.

It's almost as if Heeney is one of the best athletes in the league. Your dedication to assassinating whichever particular player bothers you is intriguing in its irrationality. Standards you apply to Dean don't seem to apply to any other
Oh stop it!!!!
That’s a rubbish call and you know it.
Imagine if Murphy was in the same contest and Henry went to ground…

Like that you want Dean to succeed…and we all do. But that was a deplorable effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back