Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 22 vs. Geelong, MCG, Fri 11/08, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have one of the smartest and most skilful crumbers in the competition in Sidebottom but we continue to play him on a wing where his impact is diminishing. Sidey reads the play so well, is beautifully balanced and a great kick on both sides of his body. He’s exactly who we need front-and-square to Cox, Checkers and McStay.

If I was coaching, I’d move Sidey forward and put Lipinski on the wing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
yes!

This in spades. Seems to be a much better fit physically and has a more rounded game.

I'm always nervous when Noble gets the ball if he has to do anything bar kick long to a contest down the line or hit a short sideways kick. His effort and determination is never in question, but that will only take you so far in the AFL.

Why not play both? Noble would have one of the highest Metres Gained ratings in our squad. He is the embodiment of Fly’s preferred “take risks and move the ball forward as fast as possible” game style. And he’s a tenacious terrier.

Personally I love having so many speedsters in our side with Noble, Markov, Hill and McCreery - all of whom have joined us in the past 1-4 years.

Our really big problem is our lack of speed and explosiveness in the centre square. To my eye that’s the thing most likely to kill our Premiership hopes. Losing centre clearances 3-18 to Hawthorn tells us all we need to know.

We have one of the smartest and most skilful crumbers in the competition in Sidebottom but we continue to play him on a wing where his impact is diminishing. Sidey reads the play so well, is beautifully balanced and a great kick on both sides of his body. He’s exactly who we need front-and-square to Cox, Checkers and McStay.

Completely agree.
I've thought for a couple of years that Sidey is best played closer to goal. His skills and endurance would mean he would just keep going all game, and would lead opposition defenders a merry dance.
Lipinski as a forward doesn't work, but on a wing his kicking skills would give us better F50 entries.

You under estimate Sidey’s Footy IQ especially when moving between wing and defence. It’s very hard to replace that experience, and now that our defence will be unsettled he becomes even more important IMO.

Preview thread open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back