Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 24 vs. Essendon, MCG, Fri 25/08, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pendlebury, Mitchell and Adams together in the centre square.

son yard GIF
That's old footage - the one wandering off in the wrong direction is Jesse White.

The doomsayers here are contradicting their weeks of work.

1. The Pies are going so bad they cant expect to flick a switch and turn on the form

BUT

2. The Bombers have scrapped over the line against WC and Nth then beaten by 20 goals!! Yes, 20 goals

HOWEVER

The Bombers could beat us this week. They could flick that magic switch.

🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

1. The Pies are going so bad they cant expect to flick a switch and turn on the form

BUT

2. The Bombers have scrapped over the line against WC and Nth then beaten by 20 goals!! Yes, 20 goals

HOWEVER

🤣🤣🤣

Everyone can flick a switch. Except for us. Apparently.

BUT

HOWEVER

🤣🤣🤣

My concern is there was no media belting after the WCE and NM games for Essendon because they won. This week there's people pleading for them to show heart. That, and they match up well against us.

We should win, and I suspect we will. But it's definitely not a certainty!

Collingwood $1.19 Essendon $4.70
First place Collingwood have won 6 more games than 10th place Essendon and have have 30 percentage points more than the Bombers. Last week Essendon got beat by 20 goals whilst playing for a finals spot!

We could send the VFL side out to win this. Wake the duck up.

We are absolute certainties against the witches hats.

The only reason we may only win by 8 goals is if we decide to practice some finals drills and let a couple of goals leak.

Playing this bunch of losers now is a gift.

Go pies.

If Murphy joins Moore on the sidelines I think we have no choice but to move Howe to defence as neither Frampton nor a Ruscoe has the intercept game he can provide.

If Murphy is out and Howe goes back do we still look to shore up our defence even further with Ruscoe or do we look to replace Howe up forward with McInnes?

If Murphy makes another miraculous recovery Howe shifting back in place of Ryan could yet be considered and we go with a bunch of smalls to compliment Mihocek, McStay, Cox/Cameron.

BUT

HOWEVER

🤣🤣🤣

Person A: Collingwood are in bad form and it won't be easy to turn it around

Person B: Essendon are in bad form but could turn it around.

You: Lol omg stop contradicting yourself.

Person A: Collingwood are in bad form and it won't be easy to turn it around

Person B: Essendon are in bad form but could turn it around.

You: Lol omg stop contradicting yourself.

I said thats what has been happening on this board!!!

Anyway we smash them Friday night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This needs to be a dress rehearsal for our full ground defense game. We can go into a final off another game where we were witches hats without the ball.

Is it possible we could have been playing with a slightly different defensive structure once we nailed the top 2 spot so that we don’t show our hand before finals? Could we be waiting til finals to revert back to the defence that had us number 1 up til a month or so ago?
That's what I've been hoping too. Just mixing it up, trying new stuff because we can (& of course injuries didn't help)...but mostly so teams can't continue to practice working us out.

Is it possible we could have been playing with a slightly different defensive structure once we nailed the top 2 spot so that we don’t show our hand before finals? Could we be waiting til finals to revert back to the defence that had us number 1 up til a month or so ago?

Think this is the theory most are hoping is true. That and we get it at HB and don't even look in-board at the moment. We just go to the wing, similar to when Bucks was the coach.

Pendles on Jock N Journo yesterday was relaxed about it. Perhaps too relaxed. Maynard too. Simply "have a few easy things to fix defensively and we'll be super fine" type stuff.

I actually reckon we have learned from the QF loss last year. If we won that game we had a week to recover into the preliminary final and probably go just as hard again. It was the hardest game a lot of Geelong players had ever played in. This year we're going into the QF with more steam which hopefully results in us getting over the line. Hopefully.

I've been thinking like that for years or everytime my sports team loses. "They are losing on purpose to save their plan during the finals or playoffs".

And here I am yet to throw a party for my team winning it all... since 2010 lol

Collingwood $1.19 Essendon $4.70
First place Collingwood have won 6 more games than 10th place Essendon and have have 30 percentage points more than the Bombers. Last week Essendon got beat by 20 goals whilst playing for a finals spot!

We could send the VFL side out to win this. Wake the duck up.

We are absolute certainties against the witches hats.

The only reason we may only win by 8 goals is if we decide to practice some finals drills and let a couple of goals leak.

Playing this bunch of losers now is a gift.

Go pies.

especially because they play a chip mark high possession game
its the exact thing we need to practice against before finals

Unlikely. More likely that other teams have gotten better at changing angles to attack our zone and we've been a bit dozy and thus some players aren't switching quickly enough. Zones require everyone on it to be switched on.

If Murphy joins Moore on the sidelines I think we have no choice but to move Howe to defence as neither Frampton nor a Ruscoe has the intercept game he can provide.

If Murphy is out and Howe goes back do we still look to shore up our defence even further with Ruscoe or do we look to replace Howe up forward with McInnes?

If Murphy makes another miraculous recovery Howe shifting back in place of Ryan could yet be considered and we go with a bunch of smalls to compliment Mihocek, McStay, Cox/Cameron.
If they want to play Howe up forward in finals, I doubt they'd move him back to improve the chance of winning a meaningless game. A lot will come down to the 2nd ruck plan for finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back