Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 24 vs. Essendon, MCG, Fri 25/08, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon they will.

It does feel that way with Nick

I recall (hopefully not mistakenly) reading that they keep him on crutches longer than needed to help the knee heal quicker by keeping pressure off it as much as possible.

Going to lengths like making him bone broth lol

Would bone broth actually do anything to help his bones heal? Surely not. But it definitely feels like there's a goal internally to have him back for the Qualifying Final

Out: McCreery, Murphy, Ryan
In: Hill, DeGoey, Ruscoe

Howe to return to back line, but pinch-hit up forward if required

It does feel that way with Nick

I recall (hopefully not mistakenly) reading that they keep him on crutches longer than needed to help the knee heal quicker by keeping pressure off it as much as possible.

Going to lengths like making him bone broth lol

Would bone broth actually do anything to help his bones heal? Surely not. But it definitely feels like there's a goal internally to have him back for the Qualifying Final

Whatever it takes!

Don't know, but I'll put on my Sherlock Holmes hat

To do list:
1. Buy hat
2. Interview KinderSmock
Oh come on.

Elliott copped a head knock in the last quarter, was seen on Instagram in some place that wasn't training. There was discussion on here he wasn't going to be playing. Never made it up. But clearly, it would seem he's fine.

Oh come on.

Elliott copped a head knock in the last quarter, was seen on Instagram in some place that wasn't training. There was discussion on here he wasn't going to be playing. Never made it up. But clearly, it would seem he's fine.
I didn't even know you it was you. I was just guessing. Says a bit that it was easy to guess.

But if there was an Instagram photo...

Last edited:
He has gone away
This post here was what led me to believe Elliott was injured.
The fact Elliott isn't training screams concussion protocols does it not?
And this was some speculation that made me feel Elliott was out.

KinderSmock realises now that I was pretending to be a journalist for the Herald Sun and therefore was too dramatic without substantive fact.

On Another Note:
I find it interesting that he wasn't tested for concussion because it looked like a fair hit.

trump fake news GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This post here was what led me to believe Elliott was injured.

And this was some speculation that made me feel Elliott was out.

KinderSmock realises now that I was pretending to be a journalist for the Herald Sun and therefore was too dramatic without substantive fact.

On Another Note:
I find it interesting that he wasn't tested for concussion because it looked like a fair hit.
This is why I'm such a world famous detective. I knew you'd be involved and also willing to name some other suspects.

Fly made a big deal about us qualifying and we've done that as well as you can.
Exactly. Fly is a smart media operator. Stays positive without giving too much away and has his lines which he repeats. After every post-match presser this year a journo asks about next week and Fly always says something like "we're not thinking about next week now, we live in the moment. We enjoy our wins deeply. We'll get back to work on X day and look at Y team then"

He's not going to come out and say:
We've had heavy training loads to prep for finals.
We're guaranteed top 2 and couldn't care less about these games.
We're pissed about the timing of injuries to our best players and that Naicos got sniped by that cheating campaigner from the poos and wees

Last edited:
They were lovely. Totally true. But if taps don't go directly to Pendlebury, he's too slow to play in there with Mitchell/Adams. When Cameron is rucking the ball just ends up in our defence otherwise.
Pendlebury, Mitchell and Adams together in the centre square.

son yard GIF

McStay was down back extremely late the other night, something to watch for this week and possibly beyond
Out of necessity with Murphy down. I wouldn’t expect him in defence unless we were desperate like we were last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back