Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 24 vs. Essendon, MCG, Fri 25/08, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
out: Ryan, Murphy
In: hill degoey

Sub I’m not sure tbh… I thought cox was good rucking at least.

Howe moves back.

Howe and Frampton down back. 2MP field day incoming!
I think Ruscoe will play. Has been consistently good at the lower level and performed commendably on Anzac Day. McCreery is also out, so I think the changes should be: In: De Goey Hill & Ruscoe. Out: Murphy, Ryan ( both injured) & McCreery ( susp.) Cox to come into the 22 and either Mitchell or Lipinski to be sub. Let's hope the Bombers are fired up after their recent ineptitude to enable us to have a real rev up for the finals. For them there is no tomorrow, but if we buckle down, it could be the ideal lead on to the as Ross Lyon calls it, "The real season.

out: Ryan, Murphy
In: hill degoey

Sub I’m not sure tbh… I thought cox was good rucking at least.

Howe moves back.
Beau.

Out: Ryan, Murphy (inj) Beau (susp)

In: Hill, JDG, Cox (moved in to 22 from sub)

Howe plays defence.

Reef sub.

Beau.

Out: Ryan, Murphy (inj) Beau (susp)

In: Hill, JDG, Cox (moved in to 22 from sub)

Howe plays defence.

Reef sub.
These are the exact changes I am hoping for. Have another look at Cox Cameron in 22 before finals , one of the hard decisions in finals is who will miss out of Cameron Cox or Frampton. Also good idea with sticking with to me, is the standout 26 with the four out injured/suspended this week. Reef sub as he as performed ok as sub and has been the best performer in VFL recently.

Murphy out now. As if our defence hasn't allowed enough goals the last three weeks! His absence will leave a big hole.

If Howe is going to move back and Johnson was carried off today with an ankle injury, Cox must surely stay in the team with Cameron. Only alternative would be to give someone like Ruscoe or Kreuger (if fit) a game.

Reef has to be at least sub.

Murphy out now. As if our defence hasn't allowed enough goals the last three weeks! His absence will leave a big hole.

If Howe is going to move back and Johnson was carried off today with an ankle injury, Cox must surely stay in the team with Cameron. Only alternative would be to give someone like Ruscoe or Kreuger (if fit) a game.
Will Kelly, come on down!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howe trained in defence. That’s clearly the way they will go this week.

5cacf4b5e80bccf63d955f18225d08b3.jpg
de4dd8eb67fcf69f6c98a639d31a464f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think Ruscoe will play. Has been consistently good at the lower level and performed commendably on Anzac Day. McCreery is also out, so I think the changes should be: In: De Goey Hill & Ruscoe. Out: Murphy, Ryan ( both injured) & McCreery ( susp.) Cox to come into the 22 and either Mitchell or Lipinski to be sub. Let's hope the Bombers are fired up after their recent ineptitude to enable us to have a real rev up for the finals. For them there is no tomorrow, but if we buckle down, it could be the ideal lead on to the as Ross Lyon calls it, "The real season.
Agree with these changes.

Hill straight swap for McCreery.

Cox in (from sub) for Lipinski or Mithcell (to sub). If both Cox and Cameron play then they'll be splitting ruck duties and spending some time forward. Their combined time forward replaces Howe's role as 3rd tall forward, as he moves back into defence to fill in for Murphy.

Ruscoe in to replace Ryan; with likely defensive match-ups: Frampton (taking 2MP), Ruscoe (taking Langford) and Howe (taking resting ruck).

JDG in to notionally replace Murphy. JDG in allows one of Mitchell or Lipinski to wear the sub vest. Other option is give Lipinski or Mitchell the week off and reward McInness' form with the sub vest.

Hill, jordy, cox into the 22
For Beau. Murphy. Ryan.

Howe to play back. And think we got back to one of the rucks playing forward when not in the ruck

Reef or Carmichael sub

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Really hope reef gets sub. Been well above vfl lvl. And could still be required come finals

In the same boat as others.

INS: DeGoey, Hill, Cox
OUTS: Murphy, Ryan, McCreery

Howe back.

B - Quaynor Frampton Maynard
HB - Markov Howe Crisp
C - J.Daicos DeGoey Sidebottom
HF - Hill McStay WHE
F - Elliott Mihocek Ginnivan
R - Cox Adams Pendlebury
INT - Cameron Mitchell Noble Lipinski

SUB - McInnes or Carmichael