Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 23 vs. Brisbane, Marvel, Fri 18/08, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persisting with Darcy Cameron will cost us a flag. Cox in as he can actually get more than 5cm off the ground at centre bounces.

Imagine a grand final matchup with Cameron against Gawn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT of the 23: Cameron & Moore
IN to the 23: Cox & Sidebottom

Howe back to defence.

Leave Lipinski in mids and play Sidey up forward.

I’d like to swap Ginni and Hoskin-Elliott in sub role but think we might need WHE’s height and run from the start so Ginni unlucky to be sub again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Out: Moore
In: Depends on the VFL really, but I'm guessing that we might bring in Cox or Johnson and move Howe back again. Also, there might be a few with nigles who might be replaced....

On another note, it's fascinating that Wil Kelly is about 3 inches taller than his dad and about 300% less tough.

Would like to see us try Cox rucking a whole game pre-finals. Darce is in ordinary form and the mids just aren't getting first crack at it.

Ginnivan and Frampton must play the rest of the regular season at least. Ginni was pivotal in our forward cohesion tonight. Not sure who starts sub, but it ain't him

Out: Moore, Cameron
In: Cox, Sidebottom

So for me this is a no brainer change.
In: Cox
Out: Moore

So here’s my reasoning, it was obvious that Billy was bought in as the second ruck option and spare back as it turned out we needed that spare back. McStay had to second ruck and the less said about that the better. So Cox comes in and he and Cameron share the ruck because we definitely need good rucks against the big O and Joe. Howie stays forward and is the spare back if needed and Cox is that spare big forward. We cover all 3 tall positions that we need. I’d be scared to bits of a DC and McStay duo against Brisbane that would be very ugly. The big Texan gives us cover.

I’d like to see something done to improve the mids like Finn or Ed but it won’t happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back