Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 17 vs. Western Bulldogs, Marvel Friday 07/07, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
When we played the Dogs in Round 9 last year, it was also a Friday night encounter at Marvel Stadium.

We got flogged by 48 points.

Not to make excuses (I am) but this was the week after our Richmond loss which was around when we supposedly had huge illness issues. That, and the following players played: Aiden Begg, Callum Brown, Tyler Brown, Fin Macrae, Jack Madgen, Ollie Henry and Caleb Poulter. Bloody hell, it's no wonder we lost 😂

Bailey Smith had 41, Jack Macrae had 37 and Treloar had 35 & 3 goals. Dunkley who's no longer around kicked 3 as well.

We seemed to handle Marvel OK against North a few weeks ago. I know it's North but they've troubled a few teams there this year (see Sydney, Essendon for examples). Interesting to see how we handle it this week, especially with the Brisbane clash on the horizon.

Ins and outs

JDG returns.

McStay could come in.

Mccreery could be in doubt? Watching live so don't know the extent of the injury. 6 day break with a trip back may make it tough.

Cox out after today’s performance for McStay.
Low possession game by Cox but only 2 less hit outs than Cameron (despite less time in ruck), 8 pressure acts and 4 tackles.
Wait and see how McStay goes in the VFL as Cox competes hard and is important for structure. The marks didn't stick tonight but he still takes 2 key defenders in most forward contests which frees up Mihocek, Elliott and co to shine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine if no injuries… then like for like, one of Adams or Lipinski is demoted to sub for De Goey

Harrison out.

Not sure how it plays out with mcstay potentially available 🤔
Don't reckon McStay will come in next week if he's on restricted minutes tomorrow, there is no real need to yet. I think they might give him another game in the 2s first.

Low possession game by Cox but only 2 less hit outs than Cameron (despite less time in ruck), 8 pressure acts and 4 tackles.
Wait and see how McStay goes in the VFL as Cox competes hard and is important for structure. The marks didn't stick tonight but he still takes 2 key defenders in most forward contests which frees up Mihocek, Elliott and co to shine.
Cox isn’t important for structure if McStay plays.

Frampton can’t be dropped after today.

So it’s Cameron v Cox and Cameron is the the preferred ruckman.

Cox out after today’s performance for McStay.

JDG in for somebody.
shade smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back