Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 19 vs. Port Adelaide, AO 22/07, 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters groin is cooked. Dixons knee is cooked.

Genuine desperation if they're sending both of them out there Sat night.
You could smell the desperation last week, they were too concerned about the game with us, it lost them the game against Carlton.
McCreery is a weapon. Will not be dropped.
McCreery is a weapon, i'd just wish he'd hit the scoreboard a bit more.

You could smell the desperation last week, they were too concerned about the game with us, it lost them the game against Carlton.

I wish he'd get more possessions and feature in more passages of play. He started the year like he'd stepped up a level but hasn't sustained that level of performance.

Hope Butters gets a groin injection Micky McGuane style and can't kick the thing.

That was one of the funniest things I’ve seen on a footy field. Poor old Mick was air-swinging or dribbling it along the ground every time he tried to kick the pill. And getting more frustrated every time it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wonder if last weeks use of Mitchell and by extension Pendlebury as sub is a sign of things to come and we'll increasingly look to use the position of 23rd man as way to manage the load on our veterans or players carrying a niggle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if last weeks use of Mitchell and by extension Pendlebury as sub is a sign of things to come and we'll increasingly look to use the position of 23rd man as way to manage the load on our veterans or players carrying a niggle?

I think (at least with regards to subbing off) we'll only sub a veteran like Adams off if we have the game under control, like we did on the weekend against Fremantle.

If the game is close you sub your quietest off or do a complete tactical change (tall for a small etc)

I think we're running with one more mid than we need in the 22, now that Nick is playing there.

Bruz said pre game on MMM that he has 'hyper mobile' shoulders. Essentially they can dislocate and relocate more easily than normal. This causes impingement but settles rather quickly as well. He's a genuine maniac though so i can't see it keeping him out of the side over the next few weeks. Once top 2 is sown up then he is someone you'd put on ice and give a decent freshen up heading into the first final.
If Bruzzy dislocates a shoulder he'll just pop it back in like Mel Gibson does in Lethal Weapon

Not sure it’s desperation. A few of our players are cooked, I mean Dixon had a week or two off before the bye and seemingly going to be managed the whole way through.

Our form although we we’ve been winning seems to have been on a downward trend over the last month and the inevitable loss was coming, meanwhile Carlton’s form was getting better, maybe they placed resting players over trying to win 14 in a row. JHF didn’t do a full preseason and had surgery so nothing odd giving him a spell.

Not sure I can see us winning, just hope it’s a much better effort and closer game than last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back