Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 19 vs. Port Adelaide, AO 22/07, 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure it’s desperation. A few of our players are cooked, I mean Dixon had a week or two off before the bye and seemingly going to be managed the whole way through.

Our form although we we’ve been winning seems to have been on a downward trend over the last month and the inevitable loss was coming, meanwhile Carlton’s form was getting better, maybe they placed resting players over trying to win 14 in a row. JHF didn’t do a full preseason and had surgery so nothing odd giving him a spell.

Not sure I can see us winning, just hope it’s a much better effort and closer game than last week.
before the carlton game they were being rested, after the loss they were injured, then a couple of days later they’re cleared to play. Sounds a bit like arse covering to escape selection criticism to me.

Bookmarking this so I can give you credit when it happens

I just don't know how people keep panicking over this stuff still

The Club has been super militant on players displaying cold/flu/COVID symptoms staying away from the group/club and yet week in/week out, we get the chicken littles worrying about it.

I understand the concern when it's like the Melbourne game where you hear it's sweeping through the whole group.

But why people still get all panicky over a player or two? Spare me

Elliott did the exact same thing last week. Was ill, trained away from the group. Played a blinder.

Johnson in white white both checkers and Cameron on the main team.
Frampton played in defence for the main side.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Think it'll be Checkers and Cameron for Frampton and Johnson.

Hard to drop Johnson but Cox's ability to pinch hit and bring the ball to ground might have him ahead of Johnson.

Unless someone like Howe is in line for a rest? In which case Frampton could retain his spot.

Think it'll be Checkers and Cameron for Frampton and Johnson.

Hard to drop Johnson but Cox's ability to pinch hit and bring the ball to ground might have him ahead of Johnson.

Unless someone like Howe is in line for a rest? In which case Frampton could retain his spot.

Murphy was in white (which is not unusual) but the rest were in the main side 🤷‍♀️
It’ll be tough selection

Murphy was in white (which is not unusual) but the rest were in the main side 🤷‍♀️
It’ll be tough selection

Interesting. Maybe the Adelaide Oval gives Murphy some PTSD issues. Knocked out against the Saints, broken nose against Adelaide 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. Maybe the Adelaide Oval gives Murphy some PTSD issues. Knocked out against the Saints, broken nose against Adelaide 😂
I think they'll play Frampton in the main team for most match Sims from here on in. Need him to build some cohesion with the defenders in case he is needed in the finals.

IMG_4025.jpeg
Collingwood always click bait. Just like Moore getting the sniffles during the week. Or the week when Josh was sick apparently Nick too but Nick was at training 😳

You could smell the desperation last week, they were too concerned about the game with us, it lost them the game against Carlton.

McCreery is a weapon, i'd just wish he'd hit the scoreboard a bit more.

Not sure it’s desperation. A few of our players are cooked, I mean Dixon had a week or two off before the bye and seemingly going to be managed the whole way through.

Our form although we we’ve been winning seems to have been on a downward trend over the last month and the inevitable loss was coming, meanwhile Carlton’s form was getting better, maybe they placed resting players over trying to win 14 in a row. JHF didn’t do a full preseason and had surgery so nothing odd giving him a spell.

Not sure I can see us winning but
before the carlton game they were being rested, after the loss they were injured, then a couple of days later they’re cleared to play. Sounds a bit like arse covering to escape selection criticism to me.

Ask the great Kenneth Hinkkey.

Leading by 28 pts in the last qtr early probably should have been enough but yeah
It was disappointing that some Trainers started celebrating at the 3/4 time huddle and some players bought into it. We missed an easy goal early in the last that would have made it 34 points and would have sucked the wind out of their sails. But as in 1970 Barassi shuffled the team about. I had Carman's number on my jumper until that game. Changed to number 30

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back