Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 19 vs. Port Adelaide, AO 22/07, 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who's ready? Mihocek and Cameron?

Frampton out for one of them I'd suspect!

Huge game.

Also knowing the AFL this year, Maynard will get suspended for hurting someone's feelings Q1

Lippy would be on shaky ground after today, hasn’t really done a whole lot since he has been back….having said that I doubt he gets dropped for the port game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mihocek for Frampton, Mitchell in for Lipinski. Frampton as the sub.

Think Lipinski is going to struggle to find a niche in this team, he's too slow and his tackling is far too weak to be an effective forward flanker. I'm sure he'd prefer a role on a wing, but he's miles behind our best wing options at the moment.

Last edited:
Thought McCreery did SFA today but I know Fly loves him

Frampton needs to go back and Cameron comes back to ruck

Out AJ ( not sure like him ) McCreery

In Checkers Cameron

I don’t often look at the game day thread but I did today. You should consider dropping yourself.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lipinski should be in the selection crosshairs now.
McStay is ordinary in the ruck and we should rule a line through that option. You can see that he adds a dimension to our forward line though. Frampton is the obvious one to be dropped when Cameron is fit.
When Mihocek comes back, The key selection question is going to be if we go with Johnson or Lipinski or WHE.

I worry that a forward line with Mihocek, Mctstay, Johnson and Cox would be sadly lacking in pace, mobility and pressure.

Thought McCreery did SFA today but I know Fly loves him

Frampton needs to go back and Cameron comes back to ruck

Out AJ ( not sure like him ) McCreery

In Checkers Cameron

AJ has kicked six goals over past fortnight. Only Elliott has scored more. Can’t see us dropping him on that form.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Serviceable but lacked influence again.

McStay wasn’t bad when he rucked. Could be an option to open our game up a bit, if Cameron returns to resume primary ruck duties?
Disagree here. Cox was influential and took a few good grabs. We need that imposing figure and he's a headache for opposition defenders.

Simple this one I think.

Checkers and Cameron fly in

Frampton and Cox fly out.

Sub is rotated as per usual.
I know Johnson scored three today but is he really that influential? Checkers plays instead of him, I don't think Cox leaves. If you drop Frampton and Cox, we have only Cameron as a recognised ruck. McStay is needed to take marks, body and aid in structure, not play second ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back