Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 23 vs. Brisbane, Marvel, Fri 18/08, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was neither. In quarters 2 and 3 we really tightened up and didn't allow the safe chip kicks out of defence. On TV, it felt like we switched from zone to man on man, but just may have been that we were moving to blokes who went into our zone.
I think we kept the zone but tightened it.

They kept running up to the next person who entered it, which still left us vulnerable out the back but we were good enough to impact that contest. Murph was a standout in that regard

I think we kept the zone but tightened it.

They kept running up to the next person who entered it, which still left us vulnerable out the back but we were good enough to impact that contest. Murph was a standout in that regard
I meant more when they were trying to exit defensive 50. We seemed to be matched up to not allow any chip passes, rather than zoned off like normal. Might have still been a zone, but instructions to go to anyone in your zone. Whatever it was - it worked a treat.

Bit of a dilemma this week for selection - trying to find the balance between nursing some players through and replacing the injured

Out: Moore (Inj), Cameron (rest), Noble (rest / Inj)

In Cox, McInnes, AJ

B Howe Frampton IQ

HB Pendles Maynard Murphy

C Jaicos Crisp WHE

HF Hill Mihocek McCreery

F Ginnivan McStay Elliott

Fol Cox JDG Mitchell

I/C McInnes Adams Markov Lipinski

Sub AJ

Preview thread up.

Status
Not open for further replies.