Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 3 vs. Richmond MCG Fri 31/03, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

After reading the Rich board, in summary:

• Pies list is trash
  • Pies only won because of umpiring
  • Only going well because the coaches are (all?) ex Tigers
  • Naicos is a seagull

Are there an ever more self centered, narcisstc bunch of people than Tugger supporters? I mean the Blues are close, but they certainly don't have the same obsession with umpires...

Funny how they think Nick is a seagull when D. Rioli plays a similar role, and before him it was Houli.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They both claimed norm smith medals as Collingwood captains.

Dont get some supporters thinking that he would hate seeing the team win?
Fair enough - Bucks probably robbed of a flag in 2018 but there you go it's a tough game

Reef is the same height as Checkers (might even be a touch taller).

If Checkers misses:

Out: Mihocek (inj)
In: Reef, Ginni (sub)
Ginni didn't play any practice matches. I'm hoping he plays a full game - high half forward/wing. I reckon that's his go. Keep the super charged aggressive blokes inside forward 50

Ginni didn't play any practice matches. I'm hoping he plays a full game - high half forward/wing. I reckon that's his go. Keep the super charged aggressive blokes inside forward 50

That's why I thought sub might be better

He can go flat out for just 1 quarter if he needs to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamstring.
A miracle cure coming up

Miracle GIF

Yeah wow there's a certain type of "confidence" on the Tigers board. One part of me understands that given Richmond's dominance 2017-2020 but even if I look neutrally at what they served up to the Blues then I don't quite get the "We can match them in the midfield" comments.

I'm definitely not confident against Tigers given past 5 years, but I certainly don't think they're the team they once were.

I hope Checkers does get up. One thing that Premiership teams share recently is their ability to keep the list pretty consistent week in, week out. It would be nice to experience that after so many years of flux.

Yeah wow there's a certain type of "confidence" on the Tigers board. One part of me understands that given Richmond's dominance 2017-2020 but even if I look neutrally at what they served up to the Blues then I don't quite get the "We can match them in the midfield" comments.

I'm definitely not confident against Tigers given past 5 years, but I certainly don't think they're the team they once were.

I hope Checkers does get up. One thing that Premiership teams share recently is their ability to keep the list pretty consistent week in, week out. It would be nice to experience that after so many years of flux.
The secret to beating us is pressure i learnt. Were in danger here with these bombshells

I assumed it would be 90K too, but then on Saturday morning I was able to buy 6 tickets in the AFL members without issue which surprised me.

I'm expecting "only" around 70-75K but I hope I'm wrong
We get 60k against an interstate team and you expect 10 k more against another contender with a big following?

We get 60k against an interstate team and you expect 10 k more against another contender with a big following?

Not normally

Purely based on the fact that I was still able to get so many AFL Members tickets less than week before the match.

Add in the fact that the weather is supposed to be not so great and who knows. Remember, there's 2 fanbases that need to show up. I know we will, but will the Tigers?

Not normally

Purely based on the fact that I was still able to get so many AFL Members tickets less than week before the match.

Add in the fact that the weather is supposed to be not so great and who knows. Remember, there's 2 fanbases that need to show up. I know we will, but will the Tigers?
I'd be stunned with anything under 85k. I've been to ANZAC clashes with torrential rain pelting down pre match and during the first half and we had 85K. I think Pie fans are a hungry for seeing their team in action as I have ever experienced. If some drizzle stops them we are not the fan base I thought we were.

Reef is the same height as Checkers (might even be a touch taller).

If Checkers misses:

Out: Mihocek (inj)
In: Reef, Ginni (sub)

He's also 8kg lighter as listed on the CFC website.

Being a similar height is one thing but 8kg is a fair bit of muscle mass when you consider these guys aren't carrying much excess body fat to begin with.

I have no problem with Reef being given the nod to replace Mihocek but realistically at this stage of his career he's going to be relying on his speed to get separation rather than taking pack marks.

In reality the beauty of Mihocek is that he's capable of taking a strong overhead mark while he can scrap a goal at ground level as good as any of the more fancied key talls in the game.

At this stage Johnson could replace the aerial threat he provides but not the desperation while McInnes looks to be a strong competitor when the ball is in his area but it's unfair to think he has the strength as yet to out muscle an opposition key defender.

I'd be stunned with anything under 85k. I've been to ANZAC clashes with torrential rain pelting down pre match and during the first half and we had 85K. I think Pie fans are a hungry for seeing their team in action as I have ever experienced. If some drizzle stops them we are not the fan base I thought we were.
You are on the money Domey. As of now 88k is the expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back